Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

600hp C6 Z06 vs 650hp Skyline

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

NO WAY IN HELL! I have two buddies with 06/07 zo6's. One 06 with a lid and a slight tune on slick-welds running 10.96@127MPH 1.50 60ft about 480ish rwhp. The 07 H/C full bolt ons- tuned 578rwhp 566rwtq on slicks ran a 10.60's@130mph 1.54 60ft on a hot day. Put a bottle on this car and you are in the high 9's. That skyline wouldn't be seeing anything close to a 600rwhp, 3100lb vette and I got plently of money to put on it! I know of a few local skylines and they are very well built cars and perform great but a z06 is a different ball game for Mr. jujitsi go do some homework before you post a video especially on a gm website!

Last edited by 1BADChev; 04-12-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big reg
Wow, just ******* wow. So a 300hp awd car can run with 505 hp if both are stock is what you are saying. This is why most import owners and followers get no respect. I love Skylines esp the R34. In order to beat a c6z it would need alteast a set of Turbos namely gt2530's or up, IC, fuel , engine management etc...... the list goes on. Turbo kits alone are over 10k for Skylines so dont spout off about them being cheap to mod.

The car is fast no doubt and nice at that but dont come to this site posting bullshit about a supposed stock 270whp car at most (funny how 650hp turns to stock when you get called on the z having any mods) beating a 450rwhp car that weighs less. Most knowledgeable people on this site respect fast cars but not when people lie about mods due to them being a
IF you read what was said previously, then you would understand, were my post came from. Please, dont be ignorant. Dont comprehend what you think, someone said. Form a conclusion, based on what was said.

I never said, the Skyline was stock! Nor did I say, that a stock Skyline, would beat a C6 Z06. What I said was, the Skyline appeared to be stock also(visual)! And why would I say, a stock skyline is faster, when the video clearly stats 600hp Z06 vs a 650hp Skyline.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1BADChev
NO WAY IN HELL! I have two buddies with 06/07 zo6's. One 06 with a lid and a slight tune on slick-welds running 10.96@127MPH 1.50 60ft about 480ish rwhp. The 07 H/C full bolt ons- tuned 578rwhp 566rwtq on slicks ran a 10.60's@130mph 1.54 60ft on a hot day. Put a bottle on this car and you are in the high 9's. That skyline wouldn't be seeing anything close to a 600rwhp, 3100lb vette and I got plently of money to put on it! I know of a few local skylines and they are very well built cars and perform great but a z06 is a different ball game for Mr. jujitsi go do some homework before you post a video especially on a gm website!

What the hell are you complaining for! The video clealy contradicts eveything you so timely wrote about! Take it up with GM, or the person with the Z06 in the video. Z06 had his *** handed to him! PLAIN AND SIMPLE! I know your pride is hurt and it should be. This is GM pride and glory. Sorry once again. Next time, tell the Z06 owner dont run next time, if people like you are going to bitch and cry!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get this jack off banned please before one of us finds him and shuvs a fist down his throat for mouthin off with the wrong people! And no one is butt hurt buddy u just stand out and everyone wants to make it thing clear to you while your tryin to start **** on this website, GET A ******* LIFE or OR CAR AND BECOME A PLAYER instead a keyboard ninja lol! Aww how sad you probably can't get either one!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Banned

This is a multimedia section, where vids are to be posted. If you dont like what you see, dont post. How hard is it to do! What are you so upset for? Its a video, get over it!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jujitsu
Im only posting, what was said on the video. IF you'll have a problem, take it up with the vid producer. Matter of fact, take it up with the C6 Z06 owner, for having a slower car.

It doesnt take 20k, to make a Skyline fast. It really shows, how people can be idiotic or show lack of appreciation for another vehicle.

Couldn't have said it better.

It's not his vid. So wtf are you going after him for like it's his fault?

You're all car-homophobic in the sense that if 'your' cars get beat by another one (especially an import) you gotta bash the hell out of it to make your selves feel safe. Like your cars ****-pride is no longer on the line if you bash the video and bash him/the person for posting it. Pretty pathetic actually.

If you think the vid is BS then say so, but u don't have to be a jack-off in the process and turn this into another lame *** domestic vs import e-war.

Now if he IS just a troll then have at him, but let's not jump the gun and ASSume here.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
Couldn't have said it better.

It's not his vid. So wtf are you going after him for like it's his fault?

You're all car-homophobic in the sense that if 'your' cars get beat by another one (especially an import) you gotta bash the hell out of it to make your selves feel safe. Like your cars ****-pride is no longer on the line if you bash the video and bash him/the person for posting it. Pretty pathetic actually.

If you think the vid is BS then say so, but u don't have to be a jack-off in the process and turn this into another lame *** domestic vs import e-war.

Thanx!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Thanx!
np. Honestly if you are trolling then well u asked for it lol. And the Salem LS1-Tech troll hunts will continue with their e-torches and try to set you a-blaze.

But I've seen plenty of people on here get bitched out for the dumbest ****, including my self, because people want to assume u mean something a certain way and they attack you in some sort of goofy defence.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Teching In

nice rides that R33 looks mean. Driver in the Z06 must not be a very good driver to get beat by a R33 that runs 11.1 on a G tech when with 100 less hp peeps run similar numbers........ so yeah I call BS on 600HP.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by big reg
The car is fast no doubt and nice at that but dont come to this site posting bullshit about a supposed stock 270whp car at most (funny how 650hp turns to stock when you get called on the z having any mods) beating a 450rwhp car that weighs less.
Not just less weight, but at least 550 lbs. less!!!
(stock for stock, at least )
Old 04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...bb00455492.htm And that is a C5Z. Skyline in your vis is obv seriously modded against a stock car. I dont have a problem with you or imports just seems you are just trying to stir the pot. I dont care if a Chevy or ford or whatever loses. I just hate vids posted showing modded cars against fairly stock cars and people spouting off about oh look the big bad z or cobra or supra or what have you went down. Nothing against you bud, just there is a new pot stirrer weekly it seems. If thats not the case then I apologize

Last edited by big reg; 04-12-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Banned

I understand why you feel the skyline is modded. Obviously stock for stock, the Z06, would run circles around a stock Skyline! But I posted this assuming a different outcome, just as you did. To be honest, I dont know what is done to both vehicles, to make the power that is claimed.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

I understand why you feel the skyline is modded. Obviously stock for stock, the Z06, would run circles around a stock Skyline! But I posted this assuming a different outcome, just as you did. To be honest, I dont know what is done to both vehicles, to make the power that is claimed.
Thats cool bud. I have a few Australian mags dedicated to skylines I buy off ebay every now and then. Def sick cars just way too much to mod for me. Thats why I sold the STI to be honest although I might buy another for ***** and giggles once I finish modding the f-bod. The other reason I sold it was i could not justify paying 34k for a Subaru, lol 19k used sounds and feels much better on the pockets.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that is the first video where someone posts gtech numbers. Good tuning tool, but take it to the track for some real numbers. He didn't even post his trap speed.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

I run more RPM's on my bolt on LT1 than the Z06 was running. 2 things are very apparent from the video, #1 the Z06 was very stock both in apparence and mods, #2 the guy driving, wasn't really driving the car. Overall that vid was almost "staged" looking to me. Reminds me of a 5'5" white guy dunking on a 8 foot rim, but the camera angle is looking up so you can't tell the rim height.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

i still like the skyline...and have alot of respect for it and always will....i just dont like pot strrin...i already stated that in the street racin sec.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why dont you learn how to spell Jiu jitsu right, tool
Old 04-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Launching!

listening to the exhaust tone, it sounded like a stocker to me
Old 04-18-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Since when has a G Tech ever been considered the same as actually running down the 1/4 mile?

Since most crap talkers don't ever set tires on a track and this holds proof for all their homies.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

simply put, the vette was stock, and the skyline was built. they dont boost and blow off that hard stock...

G-Tech 1 = gay. lol

Charlie