Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

ARTICLE: Good Picture (Equipment, Technique, Etc)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pros get paid... I've never received a dime. I just do it for fun myself.

There is definitely a lot to learn. I don't know if that's something that ever runs out either. That is, there's always something new. I took a few thousand pictures of just cars last year and spent countless hours in post processing, and I still figure out new things and improve every day.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Same here Amsterdam. Its a continual learning process. Very good post on the before/after of editing pictures. You have to start with that good foundation but once you have that you can truly make some amazing things happen.

As for me I've been doing photography on cars off and on for well over four years now and just recently got very heavy into it in the last year's time. I'm working on launching my photography business and have done a few paid shoots now. Looking forward to seeing where I can go with it.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by josh99ta
I'm working on launching my photography business and have done a few paid shoots now. Looking forward to seeing where I can go with it.
Hey man good luck with that. I think you can go pretty far with it. Thats something I would like to do as well. Something to think about as I am still young.

I have only be photographing cars and other things for 2 years now myself, I learn something new each time I have a shoot.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Teching In

hello all great thread by the way.. right now im noob at photography i have a class right now.. and love it.. i just wanted to know if you could tell me what tools in photoshop to make the pictures look like that. I would really love to learn how do that thanks
Old 04-27-2007, 08:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by josh99ta
Thought I would make the car look like the 2nd picture you posted (got bored at work):

Originally Posted by bdr_ws6
Just minor changes to this one:

Old 04-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

What do you guys use to edit? Is it photoshop only? I love taking pics but I have no software that can make good changes. Everything I use is basically the automatic correction and it sucks alot of the time lol.
These were taken with a 6.0mp sony cybershot point and shoot. They are all originals with no changes at all. I know the background sucks but what COULD they look like with some good editing?

Old 04-29-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

^^ why not i did this very quick editing on one of your picx and see how it turns great .. does it ?? just 2-3 mins. to finish it

Peace
Old 04-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by amsterdamn
Should I be proud that I took a picture where only minor changes where needed? haha.

I like how the reflection of sunset pops in the edited one. Probally the best part of it to me.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could you all give some pointers on post processing? I purchased a Canon EOS Rebel XTi digital SLR camera a few months ago. I use a Canon EF 28-200 f/3.5-5.6 USM lens. The lens is a great all around, very versatile. I am still leanring all about photography and its endless possibilies. I use Picasa and Gimp for my post processing right now.

Any pointers?
Which parameters are changed?
Is photoshop "better" for all around processing?
Will it support my camera's RAW files?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Andy