Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Veyron vs Venom 1000

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I quoted this person from supraforums. Best quote so far I would say:

While I am not surprised the Viper won, I am still amazed at the Veyron's performance. Here's the thing that seaprates it from every other car in teh world with similar power, IMO:

Viper:
"Well, an hour or so later, after the Hennessey crew cools the car's intake tract with ice and wet towels and warms the rear tires with electric blankets"

and

"Holy Hell! This is a wild ride. It just wants to go sideways in every gear. When you're taking off, you've got to be so careful with the throttle. In 2nd, you've still got to be careful. It'll take a bit more throttle in 3rd. When you put it in 4th, you can go flat, but I had it snap loose with wheelspin. It's not until the middle of 4th gear that the Viper is really hooking up, producing lots of horsepower and torque."

VS.

Veyron:
This thing is just so rock solid," he says, who really likes the way the Bugatti leaves the line with a minimum of fuss and wheelspin. "The car goes dead straight. At 200 mph, you can take your hands off the wheel, and the car will keep going straight down the runway. It's very stable.

Great test, and cool-*** owners to let their babies be used the way they were meant to be. Thumbs down to Ferrari for pussing out (as usual)
Old 08-01-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Regular

I think it's amazing that with a little ingenuity that you can take a Viper(probably not originally designed to accelerate faster than most race cars) and get that type of performance out of it ! The Bugatti while designed to run 200+ and engineered for the street is still amazing but for $1m+ I would expect it to be able to idle in traffic and be rock solid. Either car is simply amazing though !
Old 08-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Banned

The reason why its 1.5 million, is becuase its a one off car. Ill most likely see a two headed frog, before I see one of these. It takes 250k, to make a viper perform like that. Not including a factory warranty and the exclusiveness of owning a Venron.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the veyron costs 4.6 million to build. ever seen the video of them simple making the brakes on the car? the brakes alone are half a mill easy. they are awesome brakes, they perform like no other. that vipers brakes well yea...not to sure about them
Old 08-02-2007, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tainted
the veyron costs 4.6 million to build. ever seen the video of them simple making the brakes on the car? the brakes alone are half a mill easy. they are awesome brakes, they perform like no other. that vipers brakes well yea...not to sure about them
and why would they sell the car for 1.x when it cost 4.6 to build? not tryin to be a dick, but would like to learn more
Old 08-02-2007, 01:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

VW says it was an exercise for their engineers. they claim they did it to show it could be done. I'll try and find the article on it.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

After the release of the car, it has been reported that while each Veyron is being sold for $1,200,000, the production costs of the car are approximately £5 million per vehicle.

In the case of the Veyron, it will be several years before Volkswagen will be able to see if their investment in developing ground-breaking technology has paid off. One key measure is how much (if any) of the technology developed for the Veyron finds use in mass-produced cars.