Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Any Photography Majors ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Any Photography Majors ??

I have never really thought of anything like this but the past few months I have really come to enjoy photographing cars, sports , ect...I was wondering if anybody here majored in photography in college? What cameras/equipment did you start out with? Im seriously thinking of making this my profession and would like to see if anybody here had gone a similar direction with photography in their life...Thanks
Old 10-23-2007, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know also, although I dont plan on making it my profession(would be cool though). I plan on taking a photography class next semester to fill up my schedual.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

I dont know if he has a major on photography, but you should talk to Bad95killer.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My girlfreind graduated from UD in the spring and majored in photography. She works at Sak's 5th in NYC now. I forget what camera she used in college. I know it was one of the Cannon rebel digital SLR ones.It's a really cool career. I'm jealous. God damn business suits!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

I went to a tech school and graduated with an associates degree in photography. I started out doing commercial work, but the pay was very unsteady. I had an opportunity to move back home and take a steady paying job doing portrait work, which I have grown to really like(because in shool I swore that I would never do portraits for a living)

It's a fun proffesion, but VERY competitive.

I started out with a cheap Nikkon SLR...(film) Everything has gone digital now, so I'm sure the program that I went through has completely changed.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Launching!

I didn’t go to school for it, but it’s my career... It all started with a $200 point & shoot just for fun, mainly to take pictures of my car... I exceeded its capabilities and moved onto a bigger camera (this is where I started getting paid for stuff) and then made the jump to a professional camera once I was able to support myself.

I look back now and the stuff I did 6-7 years ago is straight up horrible (and I felt like a champ at the time) I just kept at it and developed my own style and found a place for me in the wedding and high school Sr. market.

If you have any other questions, you can shoot me a PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

My sister has an associate's in graphic design and I'm sure the field is very similar. For awhile she had a job taking senior pictures and could of started her own business if she knew what she was doing...now she works in a factory and it makes me sick. She's a very talented artist and can do amazing photoshop work. Rich people around here would have her take pictures of all their amazing cars, that would be a job if you ask me. They pay well and it's easy and enjoyable work. She'd try and tell me all the cars she would see in these rich guys garages, but she couldn't cuz she doesn't know **** about cars. Take a damn picture then! jeez..good luck dude...sorry got a bit off track there
Old 10-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by krayzie7th
I dont know if he has a major on photography, but you should talk to Bad95killer.
Yeah, if you look up "the ******* master" in the dictionary pretty sure his name will come up