Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

pic o'the month entries.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I posted some pics and someone said I should enter them here. First time taking artsy pics some I love all feedback.

Last edited by ShortChevy; 11-29-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a bad job of taking artsy pics for the first time. My opinion is that if you are taking night shots, and you want them to come out a little more clear, you need to try to use a tri-pod, or something that holds the camera completly still as even hand holding it in dark situations can make things even slightly blurry like yours.

My other 2 cents, and this is directed to everyone, not just you, is that you are only supposed to submit 1 picuture for the pic of the month, not multiple ones.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CALL911
Not a bad job of taking artsy pics for the first time. My opinion is that if you are taking night shots, and you want them to come out a little more clear, you need to try to use a tri-pod, or something that holds the camera completly still as even hand holding it in dark situations can make things even slightly blurry like yours.

My other 2 cents, and this is directed to everyone, not just you, is that you are only supposed to submit 1 picuture for the pic of the month, not multiple ones.
Thanks, I know I need a tripod. Sorry for the multi pic post. That should be posted in the OP, I just seen other people with 2 or more pics so I posted more, I just didn't know. Anyway I would like only the first pic considered for the pic of the month.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

I am really getting tired of saying this;

YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO SUBMIT 1 AND ONLY 1 PICTURE FOR THE PIC OF THE MONTH!!!!

I am hoping that the person in charge of selecting the pic of the month picks only from those of us that have read the rules and actually follow them.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911
I am really getting tired of saying this;

YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO SUBMIT 1 AND ONLY 1 PICTURE FOR THE PIC OF THE MONTH!!!!

I am hoping that the person in charge of selecting the pic of the month picks only from those of us that have read the rules and actually follow them.
I don't see the difference. Without posting anything myself, there are already a few of my pictures on here. So that kinda kills the whole idea of 1 per person...and contests that I run on another forum generally have the rules listed in the first post. Not to mention anonymity helps a bit. The person running the contest should have a timeframe set to have images submitted, then when that time limit has expired, post the images in a new thread with a voting poll so other users can vote for the photo they feel is the best. It's the most systematic way of doing it...and it allows some control as to what is posted as an entry in the contest. Now that you have my .02, have a nice day.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by VWCorradoKid
I don't see the difference. Without posting anything myself, there are already a few of my pictures on here. So that kinda kills the whole idea of 1 per person...and contests that I run on another forum generally have the rules listed in the first post. Not to mention anonymity helps a bit. The person running the contest should have a timeframe set to have images submitted, then when that time limit has expired, post the images in a new thread with a voting poll so other users can vote for the photo they feel is the best. It's the most systematic way of doing it...and it allows some control as to what is posted as an entry in the contest. Now that you have my .02, have a nice day.
Reguardless if you don't see the difference, the rules say one entry per board member. To your credit, since this is done on a month to month basis, they seem to have neglected to post the rules this month, but unless they have changed things (and last month the rules were up), the rule is one pic per board member per month.

I am really wasting my breath though because there are always multiple people that post several pics up even though it states not to.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Last edited by VWCorradoKid; 11-29-2007 at 03:23 PM. Reason: to make people happy
Old 11-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Wtf is this?^^^^
Old 11-30-2007, 12:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLK_Z28
Wtf is this?^^^^
I guess new person doesnt know wat to post.

New poster its a thread for Fbodys pictures ok man.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by porksoda
I guess new person doesnt know wat to post.

New poster its a thread for Fbodys pictures ok man.
1. Why doesn't the OP put that in the first thread.
2. Last time I checked, Corvettes, GTO's, and CTS-V's weren't F-Bodies.
3. I posted asking if it had to be car related and nobody responded, so I said **** it and posted it.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by VWCorradoKid
1. Why doesn't the OP put that in the first thread.
2. Last time I checked, Corvettes, GTO's, and CTS-V's weren't F-Bodies.
3. I posted asking if it had to be car related and nobody responded, so I said **** it and posted it.
^^^ Without rules this is what the world would look like. LOL! Freedom!!!

Old 11-30-2007, 08:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heres mine phone pic though
Old 11-30-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

see told you, need rules to be hard written
Old 11-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by reject
see told you, need rules to be hard written
I agree, I've never seen any other posts for other photo contests, so I wouldn't know the rules. Not to mention, what/who determines the winner. There needs to be a voting poll added somewhere (possibly a completely separate thread) with all pictures given titles and you vote for the specified picture. It will allow only 1 vote per username and make things run a LOT smoother. If need be, I'll be more than happy to run contests on here as well. I do it on another forum, so what's one more? LOL
Old 11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

what needs to really be done, is have the mod decide on like a top 5, put a deadline for entry's. then put the top 5 on a new thread and have the people vote.

it's always been decided who is pic of the month by the mod running this thread. so i doubt the privaledge will be farmed out to someone.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by reject
what needs to really be done, is have the mod decide on like a top 5, put a deadline for entry's. then put the top 5 on a new thread and have the people vote.

it's always been decided who is pic of the month by the mod running this thread. so i doubt the privaledge will be farmed out to someone.
Yea, but that can be a bit biased. The way I run them is like this. There's a set of rules as far as editing, size, etc. They are to be e-mailed to me. If they are posted on the thread, they are eliminated from the voting thread. Everything stays completely anonymous, and the population votes on the winning picture. I've had contests where one of the photos received 1 vote, and say in this case...that vote was the moderators vote...that's not saying that the best picture won. That's saying in his opinion, that's what won. Just trying to keep things fair, that's all.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rule #1. No Volkswagens...
Old 11-30-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

hater
Old 11-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KW4life06
Rule #1. No Volkswagens...
That's fine...I own other cars besides Volkswagens. I have a Mitsubishi and a Toyota too.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Do any of them have LS1's in them?