Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

ZR1 Corvette on road course

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by connexion2005
Only problem with this was a well known Car Magazine had a huge article calling the Nissan the Z06 Killer and that has sparked most of the talk.
Like the article said I think it will give a Z06 all it could handle but not the ZR1; two completely diff. cars. The Z06 is also more comparable in terms of price range etc. if we are factoring in price. I see the ZR1 taking on exotics such as Saleen S7, Ferrari 430, Porsche 911 GT2/Turbo etc.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BoutTime99Z28
GTR is king. skylines have been banned in certain race circles because of domination. we as chevy guys like to think nothin runs like a chevy. when GTR's get here and start gettin modded, a lot of people are gonna be lookin crazy. that being said i'd kill for a ZR1, after a GTR
You can't be serious? A GTR wouldn't be so special if it wasn't for its AWD system, and only that can help you so much. I don't understand how the fan boys put so much grace upon a car that was never brought to the states till now. Yeah you see the occasional one here and there sometimes, and just cause those are sometimes fast people take them for gods. In my honest opinion this is LS1Tech, you guys should take your GTR **** somewhere else. These fan boys are getting alittle to excited over a car that has yet to be brought out to the real world. So I thikn you guys should
-Joel
Old 01-12-2008, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

damn that things loves the curves
Old 01-12-2008, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
You can't be serious? A GTR wouldn't be so special if it wasn't for its AWD system, and only that can help you so much. I don't understand how the fan boys put so much grace upon a car that was never brought to the states till now. Yeah you see the occasional one here and there sometimes, and just cause those are sometimes fast people take them for gods. In my honest opinion this is LS1Tech, you guys should take your GTR **** somewhere else. These fan boys are getting a little to excited over a car that has yet to be brought out to the real world. So I think you guys should
-Joel
lol thats the most ignorant thing Ive ever heard. The real world? The reason it wasnt brought to the states was due to the DOT not for any other reason. Thats the main reason the US doesn't see many cars other countries have.

Also your crazy if you don't call the GTR a great car. When was the last time Chevy made a High HP car with less Liters. The US's answer to power is always going to be displacement but the rest of the world is far ahead in terms of automotive innovation. This is a 3.8 V6 Twin Turbo car going against a 7L V8.... Plus look at the braking ability of this car. Look at the track times. You dont hear them comparing it to the Z06 they compare it to the Porche GT car. That is when you know its a well balanced powerful car.

Finally everyone is getting excited because this is a fast car the US has not truly been able to experience. Imaging the Vette was never allowed in the US don't you think the Chevy guys would be Drooling over the C6 Z06 or ZR1 being released the same way the GTR is?
Old 01-12-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS240sx
lol thats the most ignorant thing Ive ever heard. The real world? The reason it wasnt brought to the states was due to the DOT not for any other reason. Thats the main reason the US doesn't see many cars other countries have.

Also your crazy if you don't call the GTR a great car. When was the last time Chevy made a High HP car with less Liters. The US's answer to power is always going to be displacement but the rest of the world is far ahead in terms of automotive innovation. This is a 3.8 V6 Twin Turbo car going against a 7L V8.... Plus look at the braking ability of this car. Look at the track times. You dont hear them comparing it to the Z06 they compare it to the Porche GT car. That is when you know its a well balanced powerful car.

Finally everyone is getting excited because this is a fast car the US has not truly been able to experience. Imaging the Vette was never allowed in the US don't you think the Chevy guys would be Drooling over the C6 Z06 or ZR1 being released the same way the GTR is?
I agree with most you said. . . .I just dont understand what is wrong with chevy making power with more displacement(from my understanding you are saying its not as good, but I may not have understood correctly). IMO it doesnt really matter how you get to a certain hp as long as you get there and the car is still well balanced. Chevy has been bery succesful with their pushrod high displacement motors and doesnt really have a reason to change. Their LSX motors have been proven to make good power and still be reliable. However, I do love the idea of twin turbos So I look forward to seeing the GTR hit the streets soon
Old 01-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Joel, you're kidding right? that's like saying "if the ZR1 didn't have a supercharger, it wouldn't be nearly as fast." but it does have a supercharger, and the GTR has AWD. the skyline is almost like the japanese 'vette, so to speak, with its long history and racing heritage. if you dont at least RESPECT that, not like it, you're not a real car guy, just a chevy lover. and i love chevy's, especially LS anything
Old 01-12-2008, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hawk108
I agree with most you said. . . .I just dont understand what is wrong with chevy making power with more displacement(from my understanding you are saying its not as good, but I may not have understood correctly). IMO it doesnt really matter how you get to a certain hp as long as you get there and the car is still well balanced. Chevy has been bery succesful with their pushrod high displacement motors and doesnt really have a reason to change. Their LSX motors have been proven to make good power and still be reliable. However, I do love the idea of twin turbos So I look forward to seeing the GTR hit the streets soon
I agree Chevy has done a great job making power witht he push rod motor. I have one myself in my Nissan but Im just trying to talk to those who keep downing the GTR. I think the ZR1 is incredible for a factory spec car.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Launching!

the reason chevy doesn't have a high HP car with less liters is because they build N/A cars (usually. the ZR1 is an exception)

they could have thrown a turbo on the LS1/2/3/6/ and made a LOT more power than the LS7, but they stayed N/A
Old 01-12-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

You guys are getting all butt hurt over nothing. Honestly if the GTR is faster than the Vette then ok, good for Nissan, they have made a faster car.

I respect any type of car that can put down power. The GTR is in fact going to be a great car. I think that Twin Turbo V6 is going to be a bad little motor. I would take either one if they were given to me.

But if I had to pay I would pick the Vette in a heartbeat!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The US's answer to power is always going to be displacement but the rest of the world is far ahead in terms of automotive innovation.
Obviously you've been staring at that ugly *** GTR so long it made you blind. The Japanese automakers have done nothing but increase displacement over the years AND add forced induction just to compete. The GTR is a classic example! The Z06 beat up nearly all of its competition and made the few elite supercars stand up and take notice. The ZR1 will destroy what's left, and like the Z06, won't need any childish video game "R" buttons to aid the driver
Old 01-12-2008, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Obviously you've been staring at that ugly *** GTR so long it made you blind. The Japanese automakers have done nothing but increase displacement over the years AND add forced induction just to compete. The GTR is a classic example! The Z06 beat up nearly all of its competition and made the few elite supercars stand up and take notice. The ZR1 will destroy what's left, and like the Z06, won't need any childish video game "R" buttons to aid the driver
Thats funny since the Foreign motor sport companies seem to dominate the US market when it comes to racing. Th simple fact is the US has been stuck with old technology. Image the efficiency the Foreign cars have put into such a larger displacement. Hell they have 2L 4 cylinders putting out over 200 hp. That 100+ hp Per L. How many NA V8s out there that still are fuel efficient can claim that? Or what about the 3L V6 making 300 hp.... Thats NA also.

I feel you take what Im saying incorrectly, Im not saying the ZR1 is slow or anything like that just saying people need to stop bashing the GTR when its making the same power of a 7L Z06 with less displacement. I dont think people who are fans of Foreign cars have a problem saying that US big V8 cars are fast I think its a problem with the Big V8 guys recognizing those "ricer" cars you make fun of can be just as fast.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats funny since the Foreign motor sport companies seem to dominate the US market when it comes to racing. Th simple fact is the US has been stuck with old technology. Image the efficiency the Foreign cars have put into such a larger displacement. Hell they have 2L 4 cylinders putting out over 200 hp. That 100+ hp Per L. How many NA V8s out there that still are fuel efficient can claim that? Or what about the 3L V6 making 300 hp.... Thats NA also.

I feel you take what Im saying incorrectly, Im not saying the ZR1 is slow or anything like that just saying people need to stop bashing the GTR when its making the same power of a 7L Z06 with less displacement. I dont think people who are fans of Foreign cars have a problem saying that US big V8 cars are fast I think its a problem with the Big V8 guys recognizing those "ricer" cars you make fun of can be just as fast.

im with you on the GTR note, that car is hot. but you cant compare N/A vs turbo anything bro. the V6 needs the turbo to get the power and the N/A needs the displacement to make power

Last edited by 99Z28LS1; 01-12-2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 01-12-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

meh torque is where it's at, we all know hp sells cars, torque wins races....
Old 01-12-2008, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
im with you on the GTR note, that car is hot. but you cant compare N/A vs turbo anything bro. the V6 needs the turbo to get the power and the N/A needs the displacement to make power
And I agree but I think the US market needs to look to other technology to make even more power out of what they have.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats funny since the Foreign motor sport companies seem to dominate the US market when it comes to racing

And I agree but I think the US market needs to look to other technology to make even more power out of what they have.
Have you not seen how the C5R and C6R have completely dominated the Ferrari and Porsche technology? Maybe you haven't as Nissan isn't even remotely competitive in a field like that.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

alot of rich inexperienced drivers are going to kill themselves when that car is released. it looks scary fast
Old 01-12-2008, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=LS240sx;8476459] Image the efficiency the Foreign cars have put into such a larger displacement. Hell they have 2L 4 cylinders putting out over 200 hp. That 100+ hp Per L. How many NA V8s out there that still are fuel efficient can claim that? Or what about the 3L V6 making 300 hp.... Thats NA also.QUOTE]

Funny you don't talk about reliability. How many 100k mile rice burners do you see that are still putting out that kind of power and are still relevant on the streets today?? The imports are straining their motors so much to get that power with smaller displacement, that they just don't last. For example, how many TT 3000 GT's are still on the road? How many TT 300Z's, compared to mid to late 90's SS's WS6's or C5's? I've had an F-body or Corvette since '89 and I beat the living **** out of most of them and they just keep taking it. That's not to say that the GTR won't be different, but only time will tell. History doesn't bode well.

99 FRC
Old 01-12-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ With my experience, I agree.

My previous car was a turbo import and it was an unreliable piece of ****, it would break while not even racing. Now that I have an LS1 + T56, I beat the **** out of it every time I drive it and I don't do anything to it but change the oil and tires.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

this is a vid of a gtr going around a track looks and sounds like **** compared to the vette vid thats why the corvette is better. Dont care which one is faster its not like one is going to be way faster than the other the vette is just a cooler car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b60jUybVzRY
Old 01-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Teching In

[B]looked[B] pretty quick. sounded like 4 tires gettin leaned on pretty good at the track. it's all in what you like. i've wanted a skyline since i saw a '97 in high school in an import mag. some have wanted vettes longer.