Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

New to me, CLEAN 98 Z28 A4

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by exodus
no, no issues once I got out of your god forsaken state of IN. LOL
Ha, where did you actually get pulled over at? Was a it a state cop, sheriff, town cop or what?

Sorry to be jacking the thread.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

The trip on the odometer was at 9.9 miles from your house on rt 30 headed east, and I believe it was a plymouth cop.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The trip on the odometer was at 9.9 miles from your house on rt 30 headed east, and I believe it was a plymouth cop.
East? If you went east from my dad's house it wouldn't be a Plymouth cop. If you went west it could have been, what way did you take back?

Btw still enjoying the car?
Old 03-03-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

meant west, my bad, car is awsome. Noticed there is a little misfire at idle, thinking the plugs may be original, but not sure. Have you ever changed them? If not, I probably will get those changed.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

meant west, my bad, car is awsome. Noticed there is a little misfire at idle, thinking the plugs may be original, but not sure. Have you ever changed them? If not, I probably will get those changed.
Hmmm... I never noticed that before. I never changed the plugs so you might want to do that. The only thing I ever noticed was that when you are on hill and go in reverse the exhaust is so close to the heat shield that you can hear a vibration, but I never had any problem with a misfire or anything, sorry about that, idk. Oh also if you haven't noticed the SLP lid is for a 00-02 so you can get a plug for the hole for where the hose is supposed to go if you want to close it, not really a big deal.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, noticed the ratle from the exhaust, and also the hole in the lid, but not worried about the hole in the lid. I will fix the ratle later, contemplating changing the exhaust any way later to longtube, magnaflow setup.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

I'd fix the hole in the lid. It's just letting unfiltered air/particles right into your intake.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah, noticed the ratle from the exhaust, and also the hole in the lid, but not worried about the hole in the lid. I will fix the ratle later, contemplating changing the exhaust any way later to longtube, magnaflow setup.
Yeah the exhaust thing is totally up to you man. I liked the Borla a lot, but if you would rather have Magnaflow thats cool, you could sell the exhaust and buy the magnaflow and pay for part of the lt's price. It is the heat shield though, I messed with it up idk exactly how to fix the problem.

The hole can be plugged with just a plug from Lowes or a hardware store or something, I asked about it on here when I got the lid and that is what the guys told me, just never bothered to do it. Sorry about the plug thing, didn't know it had that.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by greg_74
Yeah the exhaust thing is totally up to you man. I liked the Borla a lot, but if you would rather have Magnaflow thats cool, you could sell the exhaust and buy the magnaflow and pay for part of the lt's price. It is the heat shield though, I messed with it up idk exactly how to fix the problem.

The hole can be plugged with just a plug from Lowes or a hardware store or something, I asked about it on here when I got the lid and that is what the guys told me, just never bothered to do it. Sorry about the plug thing, didn't know it had that.
Get one of the rubber stoppers that go on the bottom of chairs to keep the chair from digging into the floor and you should be set.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

love the engine bay.clean ride
Old 03-12-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

greg, don't sweat the plug thing, I somewhat expected it due to the milage being where it is, and the fact that a lot of people don't start even noticing them until then anyway. Its just a slight tune up, no biggie.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
love the engine bay.clean ride
thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

what a nice and clean looking z you got there.. Oh yea get the sunoco hood!!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

greg, don't sweat the plug thing, I somewhat expected it due to the milage being where it is, and the fact that a lot of people don't start even noticing them until then anyway. Its just a slight tune up, no biggie.
Ok thanks man. I figured it was probably a regular matienance thing, but I didn't know, hope you are still enjoying the car. I just picked up a black 2002 SS with the 345 hp package yesterday. Needs a couple things here and there, but it is a really nice car, I finally got what I want.