Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

1.21gs @ 120+MPH .......

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evilways
The Michelin PS2s , man those things are great, especially compared to the runflats. I've heard the HUD G meter controversy and the thing is, the only thing that makes it way off is if you have a decent amount of incline/decent around a turn. The shot in the vid is on a flat surface, which I think would give the closest results for the factory meter.
If you had the Pilot Cups on there (not even sure if they make them in C6 sizes), the AH would not have kicked in until MUCH later!!
But then again, they are not exactly the best 'street' tires, although 'streetable'.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
Don't worry about these guys, just jealous because they couldn't do it. Nice vid, can't wait till I get me a vette
I'm far from jealous. I was simply stating how it's funny that he can call someone out because of a lack of video while his was about as inconclusive as an Arizona UFO siting.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:37 PM
11 Second Club

Mattism...look...I understand your point, but it is what it is. No tricks, no bs. The car took a turn at speed and continued to accelerate through it up to 120+mph. I don't understand why you're so interested in making this into some sort of pissing match or conspiracy theory vid. The cam was on the wheel, if I could've had a dash mount or held it up there while the turn was made, then the vid may be better, or it may have been more shaky, it's a moot point now. There's no reason to continue to brow beat the vid, it you don't like it, don't watch it again. If you don't like what I've said, don't view this thread again.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just giving my $.02 on the video. Might want to get a camera mount before you start calling other people's bluff is all I'm saying.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:43 PM
12 Second Club

Mattism...look...I understand your point, but it is what it is. No tricks, no bs. The car took a turn at speed and continued to accelerate through it up to 120+mph. I don't understand why you're so interested in making this into some sort of pissing match or conspiracy theory vid. The cam was on the wheel, if I could've had a dash mount or held it up there while the turn was made, then the vid may be better, or it may have been more shaky, it's a moot point now. There's no reason to continue to brow beat the vid, it you don't like it, don't watch it again. If you don't like what I've said, don't view this thread again.
Church!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

since i threw my falken azenis on, i've taken some high speed turns that start to hurt my neck... but nowhere near 120mph. where do i get me a g meter??
Old 05-21-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

where do you live, ill film for ya, then you can show what these vettes can do. Ive been on a on ramp in a goat doing 90+, thats crazy nm a 120mph. sick stuff there!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChevyWeatherman
I am missing the part where 1.21g is displayed in the vid. I suck at the interweb.
you should be able to judge that by how far the camera leans. E=MC2/2.341*.2689(a2=b2/the square root)*4= 1.21 it's just simple math J/K
nice video. your car is full of win.

Last edited by Darren P; 05-22-2008 at 04:53 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:56 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
since i threw my falken azenis on, i've taken some high speed turns that start to hurt my neck... but nowhere near 120mph. where do i get me a g meter??
Chevolet sells them, seems like they run from $40,000 to $85,000+ and that price includes a free corvette.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

was this done on a de-commissioned air strip?
Old 05-22-2008, 07:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blu1
was this done on a de-commissioned air strip?

it was the exit ramp to runway 05
Old 05-22-2008, 10:44 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You must be a professional driver!

Auto for the losssss. Shifting mid turn at that speed just plain sucks lol.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

These kind of videos are pointless when it would be easy to fake it.

Post them with proof (not flaming you)

I would not do stuff like that on street tires, even on PS2's.

Next time just get a camera mount.

I must say thought that holding a camera while doing that is a death wish.

I have driven C5's and C6's and yes they are impressiv but remember that back in the early 80's Porsche was building 4 banger cars that were pulling almost a full G if not a full G on street tires back then. No PS2's or anything Production cars that you can now pick up for a few grand in great shape.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
I have driven C5's and C6's and yes they are impressiv but remember that back in the early 80's Porsche was building 4 banger cars that were pulling almost a full G if not a full G on street tires back then. No PS2's or anything Production cars that you can now pick up for a few grand in great shape.
924s/944s???
Old 05-22-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
You must be a professional driver!

Auto for the losssss. Shifting mid turn at that speed just plain sucks lol.

i got a button that switches to the "performance" shift tables that i've edited for this kind of stuff. hell, any auto guy can throw in a button (fbodies: momentary ground connected to pin J1-71 on the pcm) and activate the "performance" mode... and a tuner can access the performance table and customize for shift points, locking/unlocking converter, shift speeds, shift pressures.

i like manual transmissions, but now i'm finding i can push through corners harder when i don't have to mess with a clutch and take my hand off the wheel for a shift.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:29 PM
11 Second Club

With the A6 tranny, you can go into "manu-matic" type shift to avoid shifting when you don't want to , all my tables/limiters are tuned specifically the way I like for that application. All of the stuff I have posted have been in full auto, though. Maybe I need to do a vid of the car going through the gears when I shift rather than the computer...I'll need more hands or a camera mount one...
Old 05-22-2008, 03:49 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Apparently you didn't pick up my extreme sarcasm.

You shouldn't be shifting around corners at that speed, especially on street tires. It's called setting up for a turn...

Traction light on, yeah, because it shifted and disrupted the car in the turn...

Actually, after I watched it a second time you lifted, and got squirlly

Last edited by BAD ASS TA WS6; 05-22-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:56 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
i like manual transmissions, but now i'm finding i can push through corners harder when i don't have to mess with a clutch and take my hand off the wheel for a shift.
LOL!
Old 05-22-2008, 03:57 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Apparently you don't get that I was just out having fun, not in a SCCA race or going for a time trial. Fun...it's what this "hobby" was before all the morons took over and started saturating car forums....

BTW, big talk from a guy that barely breaks 13's.....

Well when you wrap that thing around a tree, post up the video lol.

My cars all motor with bolt ons and full weight? Along with lg coil overs... Not exactly a straight line setup you donkey. Notice the MPH..
Old 05-22-2008, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Apparently you didn't pick up my extreme sarcasm.

You shouldn't be shifting around corners at that speed, especially on street tires. It's called setting up for a turn...

Traction light on, yeah, because it shifted and disrupted the car in the turn...

Actually, after I watched it a second time you lifted, and got squirlly
Apparently, you don't realize I was just having some fun, not competing in a SCCA race or time trial.....fun, man, fun......thats why I get so amazed when people get so serious about stuff like this. These kinda cars are not just trasportation, they are fun to drive and drive hard, being to scrutinizing takes alot of the fun out.