Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

The M.A.R.O. Boyz

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
Nothing personal, but that's why you shouldn't be arguing the point.
OHHH **** you got me.

It's never personal for me. I'd buy anyone in LS1tech a beer.

But still, I'll play your game.

John "Fireball" Urist runs a 3 second 1/4 in a stock 95 Mustang GT has what to do with Chevy not being in the same universe as Ford in terms of "ET and traps?

You're such a Ford fan boy (nothing wrong with that).
Old 05-24-2008, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Old 05-24-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe it's just the videos I see (unfortunately I have yet to make it to a big money outlaw race) but from what I see Ford is owning in the Pro Outlaw class. That's not to say there isn't a LSx platform car doing well. I just have yet to see it.

I love LSx cars but I'm not a fanboy. I am a realist. If it goes fast, or looks good I can show respect for it without having to swallow pride.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattism78
Maybe it's just the videos I see (unfortunately I have yet to make it to a big money outlaw race) but from what I see Ford is owning in the Pro Outlaw class. That's not to say there isn't a LSx platform car doing well. I just have yet to see it.
Of course there are some LSx cars doing well...extremely well. For example,
the Ohio boys have some incredible cars. Again, they just aren't at
the same level as the Fords (that's not a shot at the Ohio boys ). It's just
the way it is for now. I'd be saying that the Ford guys can't keep up with the LSx guys
if that were reality.

Heretic,

Honestly, you just don't know what's going on in the world of drag racing.
There's no point debating it with you. I don't claim to be an expert of course, but
I think I'm in tune with things for the most part. You clearly have no grasp on things.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by linegtdt52
Wow you obviously are a newbie to racing. Money doesnt matter if you cant put the power to the ground. So you think just having money means those dollar bills are gonna walk around your car and set up your suspension and shift the tranny for you and do your burn out. You definitely need to stay out of the discussion.
Yeah thats EXACTLY what I meant.............Idiot. What the **** do you think buys all the things your talking about........Your the newb to this game if you think all this **** is free. All I was simply saying was if you cant pay to play your probably going to lose........I know it takes alot more than money to make a car fast but it sure does help out alot........
Old 05-25-2008, 01:30 AM
12 Second Club

Thumbs down what???

Originally Posted by 306 That Could
Yeah thats EXACTLY what I meant.............Idiot. What the **** do you think buys all the things your talking about........Your the newb to this game if you think all this **** is free. All I was simply saying was if you cant pay to play your probably going to lose........I know it takes alot more than money to make a car fast but it sure does help out alot........
You're talking about 150g cars. and they are running high 8's. I am referring to the point that many have done it with what you claim as a "not so great" LSXs in an fbody with boosted applications at low to mid 8s for as much as 50k. But you seem to think that cause he spent the extra 100g it automatically makes his car fast. What a dumbass!! That statement may work for old style racing but with the way racing is evolving I just can't see that always being the case. You keep talking about how it cost so much money to make a car fast, If you got rid of that ford block things would be a hell of alot cheaper and better. That or either, you WASTED the money on buying adjustable parts and not being able to set them up. I'll build a budget 8 sec car which I HAVE done and I'll smile every minute driving it knowing it's smacking around a car that someone dumped 50gs into and doesn't know how to set **** up. Your arguement is pointless in which you have no idea on my background in racing calling me a newb (because all grown adults call people newbs....) nor do you apparently know any **** you are talking about....so here's to ya
Old 05-25-2008, 01:31 AM
12 Second Club

sorry 306 unit was arguing the platform idea
Old 05-28-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

sorry but

thanks...
Old 05-29-2008, 02:19 AM
TECH Resident

wow this thread went down faster than the titanic.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by linegtdt52
sorry 306 unit was arguing the platform idea
why do you get so defensive over this topic? I dont see a reasoning for it. It seems like you are bench racing other ppls combos up.

the ford terminator motor is very stout and can produce large amounts of power. yes its boosted but what is the point? nothing wrong with a boosted motor? you spoke of boosted LSX motors but then you rag on a hand assembled 4.6 that is also boosted.

you also stated about his 19psi. you do realize # is only a measurement of restriction. 19 psi on one setup wont produce the same amount of power as 19#s on another setup

you stated you ran in the 8s. do you have a timeslip posted with a penny? this way youre not talking BS
Old 06-01-2008, 07:52 AM
12 Second Club

maybe you should reread the part of the thread where I said 4.6's were a piece of **** and then you'd be up to speed. I dont like ford motors, but it's not cause I hate ford, it's because look at all the money you HAVE to dump into them and the funny thing is the valley still cracks if you forget to reinforce it. So I dont completely hate ford cause why in the hell would I have a moser 9"? And for your remark about bench racing, I BUILT THESE COMBOS but I haven't done so with my own car since I got it in December because someone totaled out my other TA. About the comment in the 8's, once again you didnt read the text as I said THERE ARE Lsx motors out there running in the 8's not my own but I feel very confident I can build one. The whole point was in my arguements is why spend the money for half of these 100g motors that everyone was talking about when i can spend the mid part of 25 and have a nasty turbo or N/A setup or really whatever setup I want. You're a late joiner to this thread and I think you need to reread the thread and then argue your point. Thanks