Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

gtr vs ls3 with bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Alot of shops have been doing headers cai and a tune on ls3 vettes and getting rwhp numbers equal to a c6zo6. We just had had a street race a couple of weeks back with a heads and cam and spray 02 camaro vs. an exhaust and tune ls3 vette with drag radials and spray and the vette put 4 cars on him.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen one GTR at our local quarter mile track and it was a turd. Ran a 12.8, don't remember the mph but it wasn't too impressive.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is one in Tulsa hitting mid 11's. Not a fan of rice at all but, I have to give props where props are due. The car is genuinely fast and will be a serious competiter against us..............eventually. Price keeps it out of range of most though.
The LS3 Vett was impressive. The ZO6 is the only way to go IMHO.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Junkie

If you're disappointed in the GTR's times at the drag strip, you might also be disappointed in how poorly your dishwasher can toast bread.

And with the money you save buying an LS3, you can easily match and surpass the Z06... Major bargain... If somehow I came across alot of money, I'd add a base C6 to my garage.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by daniel6718
agreed....

but that ls3 had nitrous on it...you can see in the 1st race when he hits second i guess its on a window switch or a flip switch beacuse you can see i come on in second gear
This guy posted this on svtperformance a while back and no he doesn't have nitrous. It looks like to me that he realized he got the jump, short shifted first, went 3/4 throttle till he got to the gtr's door then went full throttle
Old 09-07-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SlayerMaro
Damn, that was impressive. I'm surprised how well the LS3 hung with the LS7.

Also, I really wish I knew where a road like that was.
That road they were on looks like its in the high desert in California. I grew up in the area
Old 09-07-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSsR-B1p_Os

Bone stock!
Old 09-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Now you have my attention

Originally Posted by bboyferal
No matter what they dyno, R&T has gotten enough production-spec models for us to know already the C6 Z06 does not stand a chance on a road course of any kind.
Thats a really bold statement man.. The Z06 has kept up with and surpassed supercars on the track, and your saying the GTR is that far ahead of it? No. It is faster around the track, but we are talking seconds, not minutes.

Car magazines constantly talk about how cars are "untouchable" around the track compared to other cars. Which is why most people nowadays have to actually see it to believe it.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Viscious
Thats a really bold statement man.. The Z06 has kept up with and surpassed supercars on the track, and your saying the GTR is that far ahead of it? No. It is faster around the track, but we are talking seconds, not minutes.

Car magazines constantly talk about how cars are "untouchable" around the track compared to other cars. Which is why most people nowadays have to actually see it to believe it.
I said it doesn't stand a chance at beating it, not that it is far ahead... Don't misconstrue what I posted... I never said by this much or that... Only that it beats it, which it does, repeatedly.

And it's not just car magazines by this point: It's manufacturers, third-parties, and even TV shows... In all comparos the Z06 loses... Not by much, but it does. Yes, you are correct. It's always by a few seconds... I never posted otherwise, so no, I am not so bold.

If you want to see something REALLY surpassing the C6 Z06, look at preliminary manufacturer data for the new ZR-1, ACR Viper, and the new GTR V-Spec... These REALLY will leave the Z06 behind... Can't wait until third parties get a hold of them.

The C6 Z06 is awesome but there are a few that are more awesome on a road course... Hey don't forget the 911 GT2.

In a straight line, yes, the C6 Z06 does nearly own almost anything... But a MILDLY touched base LS3 is a strong argument.

So far the biggest bargain I see is the base C6 Corvette...
Old 09-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Now you have my attention

Then I agree with you.

Hell, there weren't very many tests in the past that included the skyline GTR and the top of the line vettes like the C5 Z06 and the older ZR-1. This is the best skyline ever manufactured and its being sold in the US, so now it truely has been given a name as a performance car to the international crowd and not a fast and the furious fucktard mobile.

To be honest though I don't see these cars ever selling for under 100k.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

The LS3 is a bolt-on car, pretty sure there's no bottle. It's JBSBLOWNC5 from CorvetteKillStories, he has some bad *** rides and is always posting great vids. Anyone familiar with him knows its not a bone stock LS3.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Car and Driver (I believe) did a writeup on GTR dyno numbers. They tested 5 random cars that they got from random sources. All of them were production US spec models and all over them dynoed within 5whp of each other. I also want to say that the highest dynoing one put down something like 515rwhp.

The cars are VERY underrated from the factory.
you do realize that 515 to the wheels would be close to 600 hp at the crank right? If that was the case the GTR would be much faster then it currently is. Most of the dyno #'s i have seen have been around 430 whp which would put it right around 500 at the crank which is what they are rated at.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...sepower_column

Here is the Car and Driver article about the Nissan's dyno numbers.

Quick Reply: gtr vs ls3 with bolt ons