Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Illegal "street Racing" in the news again

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 02:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hate when people, who dont know what they are talking about, try to explain stuff like this. they come off sounding so retarded. and how is a cop going to open a hood and immediately know that the car is illegal?

also has anyone else noticed that street racing = stolen parts according to the media lately? I didnt know there was a connection? i bet you could go to a crack house and find some nice stolen tvs. ........oh and drugs too....
Old 09-26-2008, 04:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DevilDougWS6
i hate when people, who dont know what they are talking about, try to explain stuff like this. they come off sounding so retarded. and how is a cop going to open a hood and immediately know that the car is illegal?

also has anyone else noticed that street racing = stolen parts according to the media lately? I didnt know there was a connection? i bet you could go to a crack house and find some nice stolen tvs. ........oh and drugs too....
Exactly. The people trying to tell the story don't have the slightest clue. I mean, yah - bad things happen and stupid people do stupid ****. And the comment about red light deaths is VERY true and valid. The sad part is - the public wholeheartedly believes these idiots that report this ****.

I guess the whole street racing related to theft is geared more toward the import crowd. I've never heard of muscle cars being ripped off becuase they had some 'great' parts or whatever... And you notice that the crackdowns started after the goverment gave the PD a heuge grant. So they try to make an 'impact' to show that it's working and get more money... ding!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was down in Miami I was intervied for this story on street racing but deff didnt want my face on camera or anything.

http://cbs4.com/search/Link.ashx?R=h...or.dayport.com

Everyone gave me **** for talking to this guy but he told the story just as I and everyone else said it to him "we need a track!"

Less than a year later a track was built on the exact same road where the street racing used to go on every single night, and where most of that story was shot. Ever since then the crowd has deff quieted down. I'de call it a sucess story and it involved the media.. which is not typical.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
That guy's tone of voice is super annoying, "FAST cars racing at white-knuckle SPeeds... THRILL-seekers racing on public ROADS." etc etc... such drama. Oh, and lady, drag racing is not an "illegal sport"

I don't agree with street racing in those places where all that traffic is, that's stupid. But I don't like how they stress it like it is super commonplace and such a huge problem. I have yet to see any street racing around and there are plenty of idiots and their ricer cars around here.
dude, the language he used is what is his supposed to do. he was using journalistic common sense using very descriptive words to entice the non-gearhead audience which is 85-90% of America. those people get their views of SR from things like that. we all know it CAN be different. Drama is what he is supposed to invoke. he is supposed to draw you into the piece.

that said, there was too many mustangs, and the same old same old. anytime you hear about stolen parts and raids, its usually California and usually Hondas, Acuras, etc. I dont know why they didnt try and go into a local meet or something, and follow people around for a night. I think that'd be cool.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Everyone brings up some good points.

My question is: Why does everyone say "Illegal Street Racing"? It makes it sound like there is legal street racing. Where and when does this take place?

And who on this board races from exit to exit? Seriously wtf?

How is a police officer able to "immediately recognize illegal modifications"? What modifications are illegal? I didn't know intakes were illegal...

"Flip it" - I'm surprised he didn't flip up his collar. Big ***.

Last edited by Spd-Kilz; 09-26-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy **** ! So if I buy a Aem intake for my honda and get pull over I have a illegal mod to the car? I think cali is big on that ****. To be honest if a ****** burns my car and I was not doing anything I will burn his home down IDGAF! Now if my **** was full of stolen parts then thats differnt. But come on the plate of the transmission oh it could be stolen. Hell he could have bought it off ebay. I think crowds at a street race is stupid its more to show off then to race. To much fast and **** up going on. street racing grew from the back streets of this country, Hell 1/4 mile racing dont offer the thrill to some racers. Im guilty of bashin the 16 second honda but thats his car and he likes it. But to hear that **** everytime you go to the track is a turn off. So street racing is the next best thing. You can add things to a street race but not at the 1/4 mile. If some one wants to make some money build a 4 lane 3 mile track and let people roll race 1/4 mile race 1/2 mile or even a mile race. Its being done on the streets so why not put a enviroment around that is somewhat controlled. If I had the money I would do this big time.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Teching In

I think the Bryan Harrison guy put on a good show, looks and sounds like an actor to me.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just another repeat video. The only part I thought was weird was when the reporter asked the mom, "Who's to blame for your child's death?" The mom actually stood up that it was her son's fault, not movies, peer pressure, strippers, ect. Props to her.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

They said "drag racing" was illegal. Since when?
Old 09-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Banned

Thats why California sucks, I have seen and/or participated in thousands of street races in very controlled environments with sensible people driving and never seen anyone die or even get hurt. Sure Ive seen a few cars hit a wall or drive into a ditch but Ive seen alot more cars wreck and kill people at the track than on the street. I wish a report could be done on "real" street racing and prove that street racing has less effect on crime/deaths than people driving and talking on their phone. I hate when I get speeches from cops or elders about street racing and its horrible repercussions when they have never been to a real race and only believe what the propaganda-filled media depicts.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

about the car being burned...there is more to it than "car impounded for racing now its a learning tool".

that vehicle more than likely was part of either a drug bust, or something of that nature, and was impounded and never had the money to bail it out. then the PD will auction off these vehicles sometimes using them for demo/training purposes like that fire department did.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

"Everyone with modifications to their car street race"-News person/cop more or less says that. I have quite a few mods to my car and have street raced it way less than a car I had that was completely stock. Kind of funny how they lump every car enthusiast into the same category of street racers.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
dude, the language he used is what is his supposed to do. he was using journalistic common sense using very descriptive words to entice the non-gearhead audience which is 85-90% of America. those people get their views of SR from things like that. we all know it CAN be different. Drama is what he is supposed to invoke. he is supposed to draw you into the piece.
I know. Doesn't mean it is any less annoying
Old 09-28-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Regular

That is insane that they can seize and destroy cars - and I thought VA had bad laws. Oh well, I guess the entire country will be like that before too long.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Launching!

lost cause... I love how she says at the beginning, they have been battling street racing for months... how about 40 years!!! the only difference between now and 40 years ago is not increase in fast cars, its the increase in idiots that try and drive fast! no different that all the school shootings, we have always had guns, its the dumbass kids now a days that are pulling the trigger!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

"Its kinda slammed to the ground with the racing front fender kits."

Didnt know the made fender kits for "racing". hmm

The only thing these idiots are doing are provoking more idiots to add to the flame. Its a vicious cycle. The thing they have in common is none of them should breed.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

Notice when the guy is talking about his friend crashing the 350Z that he says the other bartender ran down to the car as well. Which means they where probably at a bar when the trash talk started. Thats how you lose control of a stock 350Z. I used to race all the time back home out in the middle of nowhere but with all the cops looking for it now days I have my fun at the track. It's not worth the hassle anymore. $15 is cheaper then court and legal fees in my opinion.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did anyone notice some of the clips from the street racing were from mofobucs videos? I thought that was funny....