Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Supersucker extension scoop w/FTRA

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 06:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1LEFirehawk: You think wrong. Oh, now I see. Joined: Oct. '03. Posts: 4.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Both are at fault to a point. Better instructions should have been included, and better judgment should have been used before cutting the product.

As for replacing the part, it’s all in how you want to run your business. I would think something in the middle would be acceptable to both, a small fee to cover shipping and materials?
Old 10-30-2003, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks Dave. I haven't been PM'ed by either Al, at Austin Performance, or Leon at LM Performance. They want me to just go away, I guess, and are willing to do nothing, so it seems.... Maybe everyone will learn a little something from this. They cannot expect me to install their product on my car properly w/vague instructions, or should I have to work on my car installing their product only during their business hours so they can field questions at their convenience. I feel Al should send me a new piece, w/me paying freight to send the one I cut back, and me paying freight only for the new one.....Proper detailed instructions would've prevented all of this. I do want to run his product. I'm sure it'll give me .05 to 1 tenth and 1/2 to 1 mph....
Old 11-06-2003, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

I would like to say that I received a PM from Al at Austin Performance regarding my extension scoop install problem. I'm very happy w/Al's resolution to the problem. I probably didn't handle my end all that well at the outset, saying his piece had poor fitment and fabbing problems--it surely did not. Al has agreed to replace the original piece that I cut up to try and make fit w/the FTRA lower extension still installed. I will send him back the original piece, and he has agreed to ship me a new extension scoop, w/me paying shipping both ways. I'm very happy with this, and would like to tell everyone that Austin Performance has acted in a first class, professional manner regarding my problem. I look forward to installing the new piece as it was meant to be installed, and am sure it will give me .05-1/10 and probably 1 mph plus in the 1/4 mile. Thanks Al Austin, and everyone who contributed to this. WJ. '02 A4 S.O.M. SS. 12.32, 110.3, 1.67 sixty in 70 degree weather. Stock heads & cam, stock exh. manifolds. Vig. 3200, 3.23's, ASP pulley, Mufflex O.R. pipes, LG Motorsports Y, SLP factory dual-dual w/345 hp lid, FTRA, Convo-Pro's all around w/skinnies and 8.5x15x26" ET Drags, SLP boxed lca's, BMR re-location brackets, rt. side airbag, LS1 edit tuning by D.Kinder, new Austin Perf. scoop extension coming soon....
Old 11-06-2003, 10:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Thanks for posting this part:

"I probably didn't handle my end all that well at the outset, saying his piece had poor fitment and fabbing problems--it surely did not."

We really appreciate it when folks post the bad and the GOOD.

Quick Reply: Supersucker extension scoop w/FTRA