Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

rg96lt1......DO NOT BUY FROM HIM

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rg96lt1......DO NOT BUY FROM HIM

Alright, so right now I am a little pissed.

I bought a 383 from him in May. I was told all the parts had only 1500 miles on them and they were all in great shape. It took me almost a month to get him to send me pictures, and when he did they were very blurry but everything looked ok.

I went against my gut feeling and bought everything from him. When I got it all, it looked as if all the parts were basically thrown on a pallet and shipped to me. The Canton oil pan he sent me did not have a windage tray or a pickup tube, and on top of that there was a HUGE crack in it that someone tried to weld up.

The Main caps and timing chain, well, and pretty much EVERYTHING had rust all over it. Supposedly he just took the motor out when it was apparent that the motor had been sitting for a long time.

I let things go and decided that I got such a great deal on it that I would just fix the small things since there wasn't really anything devastatingly wrong with any of the parts.

Story gets better when I take everything to the engine builder.

He first looks at the pistons and right away can tell they have seen HEAVY detonation. Then, the crank which was supposedly brand new and only had 1000 miles on it had already been turned once. First thing he says is that he suspected the motor had been blown once or spun a bearing and was in the middle of being rebuilt.

I let it go and salvage what I can.

The TFS heads I bought from him were SUPPOSED to be drilled to a SBC bolt pattern. So I ordered a Victor E intake and when I got it, guess what, none of the holes lined up. Yep, these things still had the factory LT1 holes.

I texted Roger and he said, "sorry bro, guy who ported the heads said they were drilled. I will pay for the work. give me a little time, my dad lost his job and I am supporting him" Being the compassionate person I am, I agreed to it and took his word. That was months ago, I still have yet to see any money.

Today, I go to pick up my finished motor and heads. Excited to get it put in the car this weekend so I can try to drive my car some before the winter months get here.

More bad news.

On one of the Combustion Chambers in one of the heads, whoever ported them went WAY too far and actually went all the way through to a bolt hole. So now there is a hole in my combustion chamber. My builder said he could MAYBE fix it, but if he doesn't I am going to be stuck headless and with an expensive paper weight.

I texted him after I found this out and asked him if he could do something about it or maybe get ahold of his porter and ask him to do something about it. His response was, "I don't have to do anything about it. Have your ported fix them"

I am on fire right now. This guy will get what's coming to him though. Karma is natures way to equalize things. I would like to get some compensation for the extra money I have had to spend to get everything working right when he said it would be "bolt in and ready to go" but I doubt that will ever happen.

Hopefully some of you will think twice before buying stuff from him, I know he has other stuff for sale now. I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff he is selling is junky crap like the stuff he sold me.

Here is a copy of his original post for the 383 in case he tries to edit it.

Originally Posted by rg96lt1
Callies Crank
SRP pistons
Lunati 6" rods
Machined LT1 block w/
ARP Main bolts
ARP head studs
Cloyes Timing set
TFS LT1 heads heads are brand new / never bolted to engine. also heads are drilled and tab so that a efi carb style intake can bolt up...
2.08/1.60 valves
3 angle vavle job
fully ported on heads
heads flow near 300 cfm's
heads come with valves only
4 bolt splayed caps
engine is not put together .
all parts have 1500 miles on them
asking 2200.00 plus shipping
Old 09-09-2009, 02:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were you, I would paste this link in every thread that he has something for sale in. I hate scammers.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:42 AM
TECH Addict

I'm thinking about it....
Old 09-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

Damn that sucks man I would take that head and drive wherever he lives and throw it through his windshield. What a jagoff.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

If only I could, I have his phone number, but nothing else. Whenever he email me pictures it was from his "girlfriends" account and he shipped the motor from his brothers "business".

All I know is he is from Texas.

Quick Reply: rg96lt1......DO NOT BUY FROM HIM