Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware of XplicitPerformance

Old 10-23-2009, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Beware of XplicitPerformance

Ok, here’s my story.

First let me say that I'm a complete moron for waiting two months after buying this part to realize that I got ripped off!! I'm normally a very thorough person when it comes to buying used parts, but in my defenses have no knowledge of stalls, or what to look for.

I bought a (what I thought was a Yank 3600 stall) from XplicitPerformance and what I received was not a Yank 3600 stall.....I have no idea what it is.

Now to the issue.

Here are the PM's between XplicitPerformance and me when I was interested in buying the stall. My PM's to him are blue, and his PM's to me are red. Theses PM's occurred between 8/19/2009 and 8/20/2009.

I saw in a thread, you said you'd sale a yank 3000 stall. Just wondering how much you want for it? Please give me a price shipped to 23601.

THanks,
Tommy

410$ shipped.

Thanks for the quick reply.

How many miles on it?

maybe 8k and 2 passes.

I'm trying to hold out for a 3600 stall. If I can't find anything in a few days, I'll send you a PM.

This is a yank 3600. What size did you think it was??

For some reason I thought it was a 3000.

Would you do $375 shipped?

Nah. I want 410$ shipped anywhere in the 48 states. That includes 3% paypal fees. I have a few people interested at that price and one is supposed to be paypal'ing me soon. Like I told him the first one to paypal me 410$ in my account will get it.

Can't blame me for trying

There's nothing wrong with the stall correct??

no. The car drove fine and even footbraked right around 3200.

Ok, I'll take it.

Shipped it out today.

Tracking number is 1z7r8a790314637620

Thanks man!

When I received the stall I opened the box to make sure I didn't get a box with a rock. There was a stall in the box. Below is what I saw

So after seeing that, I closed the box and did not open it again until a few days ago (i'll get to that shortly).

Over the next two months, I started collecting other parts for my heads, cam, intake, stall, blah blah blah swap. As of last week, I realized that I'm spending pretty much the same amount of money on parts for the H/C/ect swap as I would for a nice used procharger for my Corvette. With that said, I decided to sell everything and pursue the procharger route.

Earlier this week I post the stall for sale here on LS1tech. I had a user ask me what exactly will it fit. I jumped on Yank's website to see. I noticed while on their site, every one of their stalls is red....ummmm...now I'm wondering why mine is dark blue.
I posted the stall for $475 shipped well knowing that I'm going to get talked down, ect. I would have been happy getting the $410 I paid for it. Here's the link to that thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/non-lsx-p...600-stall.html

After realizing that the stall might not be a Yank, I contacted Yank by phone and spoke with (rather not say his name without permission) and asked if he would look at a stall and let me know if it's theirs or not. He said sure, send him a pics. Here is the email I sent to Yank.

Yank,
I’m the guy who spoke to you earlier about wither a converter is yours or not. Could you please take a look at the pic on the link below and let me know it is a Yank convertor or not. It is the only one I currently have, but can take more pics of it when I get home.
Very much appreciated!!!!
http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=IMG_1312.jpg

Yanks response.
Do you have any photo’s of the front side of the converter? From the one you sent me I would have to say no.

After reading that I PM'ed XplicitPerformance. Theses PM's occurred between 10/20/2009 and 10/22/2009

Hey dude, the stall you sold me is not a Yank. After taking pics and verifying with yank, I was told from briefly looking that the pic all there stall are red. The one you sold me is not.

I'd like a full refund and you pay to ship it back to you.

Can you provide documentation? I for one know not all yank converters are red. If they have verified this converter is not a yank we can talk refund.

Exactly what kind of documentation would you like?

This first came about when I went to their website and noticed all the stalls listed are red. So I called them and asked. I then sent an email for them to verify and was told that is not there stall.

well you are telling me you are going off pictures. If there was a problem with this converter it should of been addressed as soon as you received. You are telling me one thing and the shop who installed is saying another. Im just concerned with the 2 months its been. I will be contacting yank.

When you contact yank, ask for NAME as thats who I spoke too.

Well spoke to yank. They said all converters come out red but asked me if its ever been reflashed which it has. Ill find out more info on it. When they reflash they repaint.

He said that is a very likely possibility if it was reflashed.

You never said it's been re-flashed. I would have never bought it if it had been flashed by some unknown company!

How do you want to handle this?

You asked if it was a yank. It is. You asked what it stalled to i told you what it footbraked. I never mislead you. I answered all your questions. I sent you a picture. Its a good functioning converter. I held up my end.

It seems you want your money back and will find a way out. Im not being a ***** but after 60 days its your converter. I did not mislead anything. Sell the converter for what you paid. I Sold it as i do not need it. Just because you scrapped your project does not entitle a refunds.

Ok, first let me say that NAME is saying from the one pics I sent him, it does not look like a yank convertor. He wants me to take a pics of the other side and send it to him. I'm going to do that this evening.

I have all the PM's saved. You said it is a "Yank" 3600 stall and that it foot braked at 3200. You never said it had been re-flashed, nor who it was flashed by!

I'm not trying to back out of the deal because I scrapped the project.....me scrapping the project is the only reason I found that it isn't a yank stall or it would probably be in the car by now. I'm a good man; I'm not the type of shady person to go through this headache of a simple $410. Hell, I'm selling all the other parts on LS1tech...I'm not going to those guys saying I want my money back!

You never held up on your end of the deal because the converter is "Not" what you said it was.

I'm not trying to be a ***** either, but as far as I'm concerned you owe me a refund because of,

A: the stall is not a Yank converter. I don't care that you say it is....it's been re-flashed....by who at what stall????

B: NAME from yank is saying that from the one pic he is seeing it is NOT a yank converter. I'm just sending him pics for further proof.

We can either do this the easy way, or the hard way.

Easy way, you refund me the entire $410 (without me being charged PayPal fees) and you pay return shipping...I think it was $47-$48 dollars.

Hard way, I contact American Express and notify them of what happened, and then notify PayPal. Then I'm going to post this entire deal up here and get our fellow LS1tech'er opinion on the situation.

your call,

Tommy

Contined next post
Old 10-23-2009, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Oh, and you never sent me a picture.

You have yet to show me accurate evidence that the converter was not what I said it was. You are going purely off of color.

You asked questions all were answered.

Does it really matter at this point? You admited that the stall had been re-flashed.....I know now that you really have no idea what it was.

You do understand that your first PM says Yank 3600 stall and your PM today says re-flashed stall and that you were going to find more info on it for me?

I'm going to send several more pics to Dave just to give me more proof.

Again, not trying to be a jerk, but you sold me something that you had no idea what it was, and your trying to not make it right.

you are wrong. It is a yank 3600 converter which was not stalling what was wanted. It was reflashed for a more suitable stall speed closer to 3600.

You have your opinion on me and I have mine on you. You not only low balled me on this converter but are selling it for profit now. You can do as you wish. Like I said when you have proof that it is NOT a Yank like you already claimed yet obviously shown that you have no definite proof than by all means shoot me an email instead of acting childish and threatening me. You have yet to prove your case.

I posted that thread yesterday before I realized that yank stalls are red. I'm taking the post down now...and I posted it for $450 because I know how people like to deal. I was well aware what I was doing. If I got back what I paid, I'd be happy.

Ok, we'll see exactly what NAME says.

By the way, who flashed it? Do you have paperwork??

I don't give false threats.

Ok, below is the email i got from NAME. If you want to call him, please do! I expect a full refund, and money for return shipping. The pic he sent me as well as the photo's I took of the stall you sent me below his email.

Below is from NAME.

Thomas that is defiantly not one of our converters. We use solid billet front covers on our stuff that converter has a stock converter cover on it with some pads welded to it for the bolt circle. I cannot tell you on the mileage it looks pretty bad to me from the photos. Attached is a photo of one of my front covers look at the difference.

Yank's Cover

The stall you sent me.

I can not issue a refund. You have waited 2 months since the purchase in which I emailed you to confirm everything was fine before the funds were removed. I think you should contact paypal and dispute with them and let them decide. For these past two months I have no clue what has gone on with this converter and I could not resell it as I did before in good functioning order as I do not know whats gone thru it or where its been stored. I have contacted admins and I am awaiting there instructions.

I see you've changed your tune on you saying that you'd give me a refund if I gave you proof. Per NAME, it looks to be a stock stall with pads welded on it. There's your proof....wheres my money??

Not that it matters, but you never send me a message after you received payment.

The stall has been in the box in my garage since I've received it.

Look, save us both the headache and refund me the money. You know that stall is not a Yank stall.

If you don't refund the money, I'm contacting american express and paypal to file a complaint as well as post this ordeal here on LS1tech.

I have already contacted LS1tech. They informed me that its a done deal after 2 months. You have already contacted paypal. I have been informed that any negative feedback will be reversed.

For you to tell me thats a stock converter is LOL. I know it is not a stock converter. I drove the car and had a stock converter side by side. GL on ur disputes. Now please do not contact me any further on this matter. I will consider this harassment and fwd all messages to ls1tech admins.

I have no idea what kind of converter it is. I know that it's not a Yank 3600.

I've already filed a claim with American Express and will post our entire communication here on LS1tech.

I've also been advised to fill a report with your local police dept.

that is fine. Do what you need to. I have already spoke to staff here and they informed to let them know when you post anything and it will be removed. If there was a problem with the converter it should of been handled along time ago. I know for a fact it is a good working converter and I described it to the best of my knowledge. Once you received it it was your duty to look it over and if you had any disputes to email me then.

I remember PMing you to confirm you received it as well. Now stop threatening me and do what you have to.

Will do. Have a good sir. I've contacted an adim on LS1tech as well.

Well folks there it is in its entirety!! I know I'm an idiot for waiting two months, but I honestly had no idea it wasn't a Yank stall! If I hadn’t noticed, I would have sold it to someone else and look at the mess that would have caused me and the person I sold it too.

I have filed a dispute with American Express. Paypal did nothing because it’s been longer than 45 days. I'm not sure if I'll get my money back.

I just want everyone reading this to watch out for this guy and if you buy something from him, check it thoroughly!

Sorry for the long post!

Tommy
Old 10-23-2009, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Here is his original for sale thread listing the Yank stall.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/non-lsx-p...converter.html
Old 10-23-2009, 12:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks man, hope you get your money back through AE, Paypal sucks when it comes to dealing with scammers and it's bee documented over and over that the scammer usually wins due to the way paypal conducts itself.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Worst comes to worst, can I file a police report with his local police dept based on the info I provided? If I can, what route should I take?
Old 10-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Banned

This will be my only posts on this topic. I described the converter to the best of my knowledge. We purchased the car with this converter and the owner told us what it was. I sold it to you not only after I drove the car to confirm it stalled what was supposed to and functioned properly. I shipped it out in one day after paypal received.

Two months have gone by and you want money back? I have no clue whats gone on with this converter for two months. You could have installed it low on fluid and beat on it and burned it up and now want a refund. Like I said your best bet is to go thru paypal or AE.

Good luck sir.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Damn this sucks, hope you get your money back. And to think, im trying to buy a used yank on here.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

Default try this !!

http://www.ic3.gov/contact/default.aspx
Old 10-23-2009, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XplicitPerformance
This will be my only posts on this topic. I described the converter to the best of my knowledge. We purchased the car with this converter and the owner told us what it was. I sold it to you not only after I drove the car to confirm it stalled what was supposed to and functioned properly. I shipped it out in one day after paypal received.

Two months have gone by and you want money back? I have no clue whats gone on with this converter for two months. You could have installed it low on fluid and beat on it and burned it up and now want a refund. Like I said your best bet is to go thru paypal or AE.

Good luck sir.
I don't care that you confirmed what it stalled at. What I bought was a Yank 3600 stall, not you verification that it stalls...period. Maybe YOU should have verified exactly what it was before you sold it to me. But, I'm the idiot for not know what I had or didn't have! I'm sorry it's been two months, but that still doesn't make it right! If this was the other way around, I'd give you your money back because that the right thing to do.

The stall was never installed. Here are some recent threads of me looking for someone to install it, and another thread of me asking about shift points with the stall without a tune.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...installed.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...-question.html

You said in a PM that if I showed you proof that you'd refund me the money. I gave you proof and still nothing!

The purpose of this thread is to notify as may people on here to be carefully when buying something from you. I'm going to bump this thread everyday until the admins get tired of seeing it and lock it.

Obviously you need the money more than I do.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by billyb
Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What a horrible way to do business....I will make sure I tell everyone I know about this company. You know you sold him a converter that was not what you described, you should pay him his money back. I hope the op has also put this info on the local boards where this company is. It doesn't matter if the op filed the converter to metal shavings, you sold him something that was clearly not what you described it to be.

Last edited by Martin HD-28; 10-23-2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: more info
Old 10-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Dang man GL, I hope it all works out for you.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys, I appreciate the responses in my favor, but I fear if there is bashing going on outside of the seller and I, this thread will get closed and long forgotten before it should.

Again, thanks allot. It makes me feel better know that others agree with me.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to be so blatantly upset with this, but this is just the kind of transaction you don't expect from a legitimate business. Good luck man.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Launching!

I will note never buy anything from them. I dunno if they realize what bad publicity will do to a company...def not worth the $410 it would have been to correct the issue.

Last edited by squale iii; 10-23-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
Sorry to be so blatantly upset with this, but this is just the kind of transaction you don't expect from a legitimate business. Good luck man.
A appreciate your responce, and please spread the word.

I just don't want this to get locked. Really, thanks again for your voice!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

i'd be pissed, im surprised your handling it so professionally. GL with getting your money back
Old 10-23-2009, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by squale iii
Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it!

Last edited by corvettelover; 10-23-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Keith_Shapiro
i'd be pissed, im surprised your handling it so professionally. GL with getting your money back
It's hard to stay calm, but being an internet tuff guy doesn't really get you anywere.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by corvettelover
A appreciate your responce, and please spread the word.

I just don't want this to get locked. Really, thanks again for your voice!
No problem man. I really think the admins on this site know the importance of keeping this thread alive, this isn't just your everyday scammer getting a few dollars, this is a BUSINESS doing it on their site after all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beware of XplicitPerformance