Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Two types of thief

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two types of thief

A few years ago I bought an LS1 long distance. The guy lied and screwed me around for 4 months over broken and missing parts. I sent him the following letter. He paid me.

There are two basic types of thief.

The first is the obvious type. He pulls a gun or a knife or threatens bodily harm. He looks you right in the eye and says “I am a thief and I am going to steal something from you. He admits to the world what he is and what he intends to do. You must give him some small amount of respect since he knows what he is and admits it to the world.

The second type is the sneak thief. He does not have the morals to be honest but he does not have the stones to rob you with a weapon. He intends to cheat you and steal from you but he does not have backbone to admit it. Or, at best, he intends to keep his word, but only if it is convenient for him. He will speak pleasantly and be friendly to you. He will make many promises to you and when those are broken he is polite and “very sorry” and once again promises to make things right, but never does. He will assure you he would never take advantage of you while he does exactly that. He tries to make everyone think he is a man of honor but he has no honor. He screens his calls to avoid confrontation. Even with the safety a thousand miles distance he does not have the nerve to face his victim and admit what he is.

I always wonder how a person turns out to be a sneak thief. Were his parents honest people who taught him right from wrong? Is he just so selfish that he thinks he is so special that rules of integrity and honor do not apply to him? Or were his parents also lacking in honor and integrity and that was just not part of his culture as a child.

You have had my money since September 17. You have lied to me many times since then about what you had and when you would send parts. You say you can’t find these parts. We both know we can get them within a couple of days from any GM dealer. Many of these parts are available on the Internet about any day. It has become quite clear that, after 4 months, you have no intention of sending the parts I have paid for or refunding any of my money.

The fact that you will not accept or return my calls makes it very clear that you are in the latter category. When placed in a stressful situation one often finds the price of a man’s integrity. Apparently yours is $300…or is it lower? Would you cheat someone for only $20 or are you too honest for that?

Over the course of my life, I have been cheated a number of times, and, I am sure, for more than $300 worth of used car parts. I just wanted to take a few minutes to summarize my thoughts.

How will you react to this? Are you really an honest man and did not realize your procrastination had gotten so bad. In that case you will be quite embarrassed. You will send my parts or my $300 TODAY. If you are angry with me and this makes you all the more determined to not make things right then you have confirmed that I have properly evaluated your moral character, or lack thereof.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is th nicest *** chewing I have ever read/heard....well spoken good sir
Old 05-19-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice!

No one likes a thief