Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Streetsilverado 4L65E Garbage

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Streetsilverado 4L65E Garbage

I purchased a used 4L65E and Circle D converter from Streetsilverado that was supposedly in good condition with low miles. I recieved the transmission via FedEx in a cardboard box with no support at all sitting on the bellhousing straight up and down in the FedEx van. I installed the transmission only to find out that the over run piston was completly blown out, the transmission had been dropped on the shift linkage which busted a piece of the case off inside the trans pan the size of a quarter, the 3-4 clutches were burnt up, and the clutches in the converter were glazed. I contact streetsilverado at this point asking him what the deal was. He informs me that the trans worked fine when he pulled it out but that he had to replace the lock up solenoid a few months ago. I asked him to file a complaint with fedex since the shipping information was in his name only to never hear back from him. At this point i'm considering it a lesson learned. I paid $2100 for the pair and put another $700 into the trans and $330 into the converter. Bad business all the way around.

Here's the link to the orignal sale post. https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...converter.html
Most if not all of communication was between pm's or phone conversations.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really? First off, the transmission was in GOOD working condition when I sold it to you. I told you off hand that I had one problem and I changed the TCC solenoid in it and it worked fine again.

My aunt (which I also told you) told me that she would take care of the shipping to you since she works in the office at FedEx ground. I have never used Fedex and always took everything I shipped off over to the UPS store in town. Well I took a chance with Fedex who boxed it up and shipped it ground for around $80 if I recall. I told you I would ship it freight, but the shipping was going to be around $225.

Apparently somehow it was dropped or something and you had contacted me about it since it was all under insurance for the full amount you paid me. You then tell me about you not being able to get anyone on customer service (Or whatever you called) to give you a correct answer on the insurance thing. To my knowledge all you told me was that there was about a quarter size dent in the transmission pan. I didn't have the box with all the numbers or information to do anything with the insurance.

I also get calls about you wanting to lock the converter up in 3rd. I told you that it should handle it since it was the nice Circle D triple disc lock up. I know you and your tuner had messed with it trying to get it to lock up in 3rd and I mentioned that I didn't know how to.

You then question that the converter is messed up. I took my time to call Chris at Circle D and he said he would be happy to go back through the converter, but that he didn't think that the converter was messed up.

And now a year has passed and you want to blame me for sending you a faulty transmission?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 AM
Staging Lane

First of all who sends a transmission in a cardboard box? Yes the transmission was damaged from FedEx, but the over run piston being blown out and the 3-4 clutches needing to be replaced had nothing to do with it being dropped. There was a dent in the transpan and the shift linkage had busted a quater size piece of the inside of the case into the pan. Ive already had Chris go through the converter cut,clean, and replace glazed clutches. We agreed on a price shipped, i assumed you would take the proper steps to insure the item doesnt get damaged. The last time i talked to you your aunt was going to do a claim through FedEx because i couldn't since the shipping info was in your name. I never heard back from you after that. My Car hasn't moved off jack stands since shortly after i bought the transmission from you. It took this long to get the money up to have them rebuilt and find out what was wrong with them.

Last edited by RagnZ; 02-22-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:08 PM
12 Second Truck Club

WOW!!! is all i can say. Streetsilverado is a Standup guy and a great seller on here. He would never try to screw anyone and has no reason to. It doesnt cost anything up front to have someone tear apart a trans and inspect it (atleast not here). If you ask me, you shouldnt have waited this long to do something about it. Fedex sure isnt gonna do anything about it now.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

waiting a year is going to hurt the buyer in this case. from a sellers standpoint, theres no telling what could have possibly happened in this time no matter what anyone says. good luck to the both of you with this. just giving my $.02

Quick Reply: Streetsilverado 4L65E Garbage