Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I'll be damned.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just so you guys know Paypal isn't so safe in itself. They will only garranty ebay purchases. A bunch of us got scammed by a guy named Slimm4357 using paypal. he took the money out before any of us could get it back and I even lost $100 to this guy. Here is the thread.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...00-refund.html
Old 06-08-2011, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't call his job. He might get fired and then no one will be able to find him.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:23 AM
Staging Lane

Well guys, he got me for 300. What can we do about this guy??? I also have an address in goshen, in. His new screen name is night in the rutts. Sent western union, is there anything I can do??
Old 07-25-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Nope. You've been had.
All you can do is contact the local authorities in his area.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

Hes still talking to me and says hes gonna ship it. But is Aaron Bean
Old 07-27-2011, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Just an idea. Like I wonder if paypal would accept an idea and I wonder how many people would be okay with it. Like instead of instantly getting money when you sell something through paypal and only have to wait a few days to it to get in your account. What about if there was something they could do as to where payment can't be withdrawn until the item is shipped and confirmed by the buyer? Idk.

I just know if they ask for western union I don't do it.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE=babbage1109;15202550]Just an idea. Like I wonder if paypal would accept an idea and I wonder how many people would be okay with it. Like instead of instantly getting money when you sell something through paypal and only have to wait a few days to it to get in your account. What about if there was something they could do as to where payment can't be withdrawn until the item is shipped and confirmed by the buyer? Idk.

You would have the exact same problem but in reverse, what is to keep the buyers from not confirming the part is incorrect and in agreed upon shape, then you we would have another thread on "sellers beware of this scam" It is a tricky road when you buy long distance and all through emails, the only piece of advice is always use a credit card, never ever use western union or a debit card on any transaction. I have bought and sold hundreds of items over the internet and I almost got screwed out of $800.00 it was for 5 parts and the seller took a month to send three of the five parts, and of course the 2 parts he didnt send were worth about $700.00 of the $800.00 I sent him, I filed a complaint through Paypal and they ruled in his favor because he had a tracking number showing that he sent the parts and that I received them, even though the shipment was missing the 2 most expensive and most needed items. I filed through my credit card company and it took about 2 months and I had to send the other 3 parts back and show a tracking number and that he received them and I got my $800.00 back from Paypal and then I guess Paypal had to deal with him, I should have sent him back a rock in a box as my credit card company and paypal were only needing to see a tracking number and that it was delivered to the right address. So long story short Paypal sucks and they wont help you and I only pay with my credit card, even if it is for a pack of bubble gum. Sorry but there are alot of good people out there but im afraid the ******** are out numbering the good people.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

That is true. A side I wasn't thinking about. I hate people lol I guess the old saying, if it's too good to be true it probably is, stays true

Quick Reply: Scam Technique to watch for