Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Burkhart chasis and Steve Burger

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burkhart chasis and Steve Burger

We bought what was suppose to be a fabricated 9 inch for a 2000 trans am. It was dangerous and deadly I would be scared this junk. Steve Burger talked a big game but has no clue about fabrication or jigs! And definitely not the mechanics or suspension of a car! He didn't have the money to fix it. I offered round trip Shipping moser wouldn't fix my axle since they ordered wrong size. After today it would have been cheaper to have thrown it in the trash. Which is where it belongs. And bought a moser. He later says he offered to have fixed it! Yeah right! It just turned one thing to another and another. Omg! I might have it at Holley fest or lsx nationals. I might make a display of their work! These guys are going to kill someone!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

I hate to hear of your bad experience, but I have never saw Chuck turn out anything bad. I have bought 2 rear ends from him, and several of my friends have as well. Post pics of your problems, and give more details.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That post is almost hard to read.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kkslds

That post is almost hard to read.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Staging Lane

Please elaborate here, I have a Burkhart Fab 9" and am wondering what problem your talking about.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Resident

Axles wrong size, lca relocators higher than factory and driver was kicked crooked, powder coating scratched all over in all holes. Steve said do not vent it is not designed to be vented I explained of dd status, leaked all over, leaked all over exhaust and brakes smelled like crap it was a embarrassment. Filler cap would not clear tunnel! no instructions, no bolts. BMR anti roll bmr sway nothing would clear no axle crush sleaves "you got disc brakes don't worry it is designed this way". Torque arm bracket,pan hard bracket wasn't alined up right. basically it was a shell to build a rear end from after you paid someone who was suppose to have a clue how to make one they were so moser wanna be. I wish I would have just got the moser
Old 09-12-2011, 01:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Sounds like you bought a race part, and tried to put it in a DD, and didn't have a clue what YOU were doing. Operator error is a ************. Burkhart makes some amazing stuff.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:18 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I guess it's that time again, so here we go.

This issue is over 3 years old. We attempted to work with you on the rear end and you chose not to. We even talked with your wife when you had a melt down due to lack of understanding of basic mechanics. You have been stalking me for 3 years and bitching.

I do stand behnd our products and tried to do that with you. You chose not to work with us. Instead you stalk and bitch.

We have sold thousands of rear ends in the 12+ years we have made them. Very few issues and the few we had were resolved with rational people. You are the exception. We even offered to accept a full return.

I hope you find a shop that can satisfy you. Better yet, open your own with the vast array of fabrication and mechanical experiene you boast.

I cannot work with customers that refuse to cooperate. Best of luck in the future. I hope this is the end of your fabricated soap opera but doubt it.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:38 AM
TECH Resident

Rational people, you never offered to fix anything you didn't even understand
How to fix any problems we offered to ship it both ways to you. In all seriousness did you ever measure anything on the rearend or did you just guess at it! I doubt you have sold thousands of rear ends. Very few people seem to have them i have seen. you stated drive the car with axles like they were we kept explaining that brakes wouldn't even fit the ones you said that held the axles in the rear. You made it where my wife hated to deal with the car . So she never drove it because it was so unsafe you never stood behind jack you told me to buy more axles from moser or cut 2 inches of splints off of my axles. After showing pictures to moser it
was determined this year that the rear end was unsafe and needed locks to hold axles in it is ok. It is ok I am sure if someone gets hurt or dies you have insurance. I doubt it I have sealed with clowns like you in the past. It was 2 years ago I believe. Anyways when I got stuck with another repair bill to fix your mistakes that I brought to your attention from the Begining. I hope you don't get the chance to kill someone or hurt them because of your lack of
knowledge. Maybe we can show you at the lsx shootout how properly fix a burkhart rearend to make it safe to drive on. I hope you don't rip
Too many people off. It is better sleeping at night not worrying about it I am sure.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

I know you act like I am a hater and can't work with anyone. But look at the ws-6 store, speed tweakerz. in fact look at this post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...eed-parts.html.

I have been building cars for over 30 years. I also produced bmx bikes so I know a little about fabrication and jigs.

Keep your lies coming. Remember you didn't have the money after we paid for it to ship it.

I wish I had more time with my car to work on it myself. But I have a reputable business and am forced to have people mow my grass and work on my car. It seems I paid the mowing guys to build me a rear end. Maybe that is why you were always having to call moser to get answers for my questions. Like can I get a 4 channel?
Old 09-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Basic english anyone?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry I am driving and my iPhone is helping me out.

Sorry if you build good and right. You might not be so frustrated all the time. You can even be proud of yourself.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Burkhart Chassis

I have bought my entire suspension from Steve and Chuck and there stuff is first class!!!! The customer service has been great and there parts fit perfect!!! There is nothing wrong with there rear housings. Mine fits like a champ and is very well built!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

The welds were flawless but I don't like having to cut them off and reweld. It changes the temper and make metal weaker and more brittle. Cutting over half of my splines on the axles.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought EVERY part BUT the fab rear from them, and everything worked out and fit amazing.

Hell My car works amazing! I have NOTHING bad to say about Burkharts.

I had 6 bad monster clutches, buddies had 3 bad ones, and lots of other locals with bad ones, and everyone still hangs off monster clutches..... this is the ONLY complaint I have seen with burkhart.

Give Midwest a call, maybe he can make you one sometime within a couple years.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

I have a business too and I will lose money to make things right. Even when I know the customer is wrong I make them happy. When they send me pics and we screwed up I will do whatever to make it right i am embarrassed And do everything to make it right. I might not make money on that job but I make it up in the end. And in no way would I endanger families for money.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:20 PM
11 Second Club

my 2cents lol. sounds to me like you should have just built your own rear then since you can weld and know whats going on stuff ive seen from them is wicked as f**k and maybe if you were so pist and didnt like it dont touch their work send back
Old 09-14-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

No I do not weld I had to pay for. And tow bills too! Trust me I tried to get it back and buy a moser. Steve laughed and it was all part of building cars. And didn't have the money to give back anyways. So I needed to start cutting and welding. I asked if he would help pay for extra work needed. He laughed at me and said it is all part of building a race car. And how many welds he had to cut and weld. I told him this is a street car. Thus why I got a 4 channel. And this is suppose to be bolt in! He said nothing is ever 100% bolt in! I
Admit when I got it i was excited it looked awesome. Also moser guys have cut and shorten their axles? And cut their new rearend. Then weld it back together?

Can you imagine how the roll cages fit? And how safe is it? If he would of had done the right thing I would have bought a bumper support when we put the front mount on, but I 6 pm'd telling me their bumper supports didn't fit.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I have never talked to you. You did talk to Chuck once. He ended up talking to your wife because you had a hissy fit. I'm getting tired of the lies and personal attacks. We offered to help and you blew up. I cannot be responsible for your inability to cooperate.

How long do you plan to hold on to this?
Old 09-18-2011, 03:09 AM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by js2fst
Rational people, you never offered to fix anything you didn't even understand
How to fix any problems we offered to ship it both ways to you. In all seriousness did you ever measure anything on the rearend or did you just guess at it! I doubt you have sold thousands of rear ends. Very few people seem to have them i have seen. you stated drive the car with axles like they were we kept explaining that brakes wouldn't even fit the ones you said that held the axles in the rear. You made it where my wife hated to deal with the car . So she never drove it because it was so unsafe you never stood behind jack you told me to buy more axles from moser or cut 2 inches of splints off of my axles. After showing pictures to moser it
was determined this year that the rear end was unsafe and needed locks to hold axles in it is ok. It is ok I am sure if someone gets hurt or dies you have insurance. I doubt it I have sealed with clowns like you in the past. It was 2 years ago I believe. Anyways when I got stuck with another repair bill to fix your mistakes that I brought to your attention from the Begining. I hope you don't get the chance to kill someone or hurt them because of your lack of
knowledge. Maybe we can show you at the lsx shootout how properly fix a burkhart rearend to make it safe to drive on. I hope you don't rip
Too many people off. It is better sleeping at night not worrying about it I am sure.
Wow dude, you really need to have someone else write your feelings out so maybe we can take all this stuff seriously!?? In all honesty i have purchased many parts from Burkhart Chassis and too have received nothing but high quality product!

Quick Reply: Burkhart chasis and Steve Burger