Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks yeah brother
Old 02-22-2012, 12:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't mind I would like to discuss this over the phone tonight when I get home?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I ship alot of items USPS priority and looking at the receipt I believe the seller shipped them by the weight on the receipt as I have a set of those lifters and weighed them on my scale along with one of those flat rate boxes that is a little bigger than a VHS cassette tape, and I got almost the same weight minus the baggy's. Now with that said I know the glue/seal tape on that box is very good but what is not so good is the sides that are just folded in, when I use that particular box I put extra packing tape all over to be sure it doesn't get opened easily. Yes it is still the sellers responsibility to get it there complete and as a seller I always ask the buyer do you want insurance on the package as it is a extra cost and always have this documented in emails, if they decline it is their risk that they are taking. My money is on Paypal won't help you because he has delivery confirmation it was delivered. And since it is not a eBay item they cannot verify condition and you can't prove you got only 8 and not 16 lifters. The seller wants to talk to you on the phone and sounds like a honest person and wants to work it out, I as a seller just have to eat some deals sometimes just knowing its the right thing to do and that what goes around comes around if someone is pulling a fast one on either side it will come around to bite them or a family member in the ***.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:40 PM
10 Second Club

Here is what I’m willing to do. To prove to you and anyone else watching that I am who I say I am, you keep the 8 lifters you already have and I will drop the Paypal dispute, which will release the money to you, if you can make me a promise from down deep inside of you that if the other 8 lifters surface you will pay me back the money in good faith and trust. I'm open to other ideas too. Let me know.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like someone is being scammed... And its not you.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

I have already ordered more lifter's at this point. Let paypal continue it's course because it is going to have me send them back to you before the refund anyway. That way, if the other 8 show up, you can resell them as you know their history.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The thing is....that receipt is an electronic scan. I could EASILY scan the original, open it up in a shitty program like Microsoft Paint, change numbers around, blend it, and post it up. EUREKA! correct weight.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 97badass
Sounds like someone is being scammed... And its not you.
I had to order more lifters last night from another member on here, SS99Z51. I think that should speak pretty clearly for who got the short end of the stick here, unless you think I have some obsession collecting LS7 lifters.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cttandy
I have already ordered more lifter's at this point. Let paypal continue it's course because it is going to have me send them back to you before the refund anyway. That way, if the other 8 show up, you can resell them as you know their history.
I hope I am wrong for your sake, but you might want to reconsider the sellers offer, if he is adament that he sent you 16 lifters, paypal is going to rule in his favor and you are going to be stuck with 8 almost worthless lifters. I know roller lifters are reusable but unless if you are getting them very cheap it is worth the extra money and buy them brand new from a known trusted company, as you found out trying to save some money is not worth the headaches and aggravation this has caused you, and now also you have your fingers crossed on the second set you bought off someone. It always surprises me how many people will actually buy a used clutch kit that they have absolutely no clue on the true history of how it was used or abused, to me it is worth my time and money to not have the aggravation and peace of mind you are getting what you paid for and will have a recourse if something is not right because you know you are dealing with a reputable company that has alot more to lose if they have a upset customer.

You never hear of people upset about their purchased from companies like Jegs or Summit that is how they got to where they are, they ask themselves are we in business for the next 6 months or the next 50 years?

I was a industrial mechanic for a large company at one time and I always got offers from customers that wanted me to do a repair on my own time, on the side, or on a weekend, I lnever accepted because in my mind they were the cheap asses that always wanted a repair done very cheap and expected their piece of crap equipment to be fixed like it was brand new for dirt cheap prices, and then they felt they had you by the ***** if you didnt fix their machine like they wanted as they would always mention it to another emplyee of the company that so and so does work on the side. Either way Good Luck
Old 02-23-2012, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lizeec
I hope I am wrong for your sake, but you might want to reconsider the sellers offer, if he is adament that he sent you 16 lifters, paypal is going to rule in his favor and you are going to be stuck with 8 almost worthless lifters. I know roller lifters are reusable but unless if you are getting them very cheap it is worth the extra money and buy them brand new from a known trusted company, as you found out trying to save some money is not worth the headaches and aggravation this has caused you, and now also you have your fingers crossed on the second set you bought off someone. It always surprises me how many people will actually buy a used clutch kit that they have absolutely no clue on the true history of how it was used or abused, to me it is worth my time and money to not have the aggravation and peace of mind you are getting what you paid for and will have a recourse if something is not right because you know you are dealing with a reputable company that has alot more to lose if they have a upset customer.

You never hear of people upset about their purchased from companies like Jegs or Summit that is how they got to where they are, they ask themselves are we in business for the next 6 months or the next 50 years?

I was a industrial mechanic for a large company at one time and I always got offers from customers that wanted me to do a repair on my own time, on the side, or on a weekend, I lnever accepted because in my mind they were the cheap asses that always wanted a repair done very cheap and expected their piece of crap equipment to be fixed like it was brand new for dirt cheap prices, and then they felt they had you by the ***** if you didnt fix their machine like they wanted as they would always mention it to another emplyee of the company that so and so does work on the side. Either way Good Luck
My line of thinking is this, I change my mind about my projects almost as much as I change my underwear. I know a lot of other guys do as well. So rather then go buy it new from a big name company that doesn't need the money, I pick it up, often still new, from other guys in the hobby that no longer need the item but could use the money towards their new project. One sour deal isn't going to change my mind about that either.

After I put up this post, I had a member contact me that put me in touch with another member that works at a business that had the lifters new for a little more then what I paid for these used. So no worries there.

These were only supposed to have 3000 miles, and he is a established member, so I took him at his word. I don't feel that he was wrong about the mileage, as they appear to be almost new. What really bother's me is the box is in great shape, and there never appears to have been a second half of lifter's in there. The packing was not right at all, and the box wasn't properly sealed for the amount of weight it contained. He then, as you can see by the PM's I received, wanted to just sell me more lifters that aren't what I need rather then make it right.

I have more then 10,000 transactions through paypal. I know from past experience, they are going to have me send these back to the seller, and then refund my money. Paypal is leaned towards the buyer.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:31 PM
10 Second Club

FWIW do you think there is a remote chance someone opened the box before you and is maybe doing a prank? I did add tape to it as stated before and you said there was none.
Just a thought.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

The post office is directly across the street from my office. This package was stuck in my PO box. Despite it needing delivery confirmation, none was asked for. I walked across the street and opened it on my desk in front of my Dad and an old friend that was hanging out. Immediately took pictures and contacted you.

Last edited by cttandy; 02-23-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Well, to update this. I completed the dispute via paypal and was awarded my money back.

Quick Reply: Ordered lifters from Mystery Bird and only recieved half