Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

do not do business with JOHN PHILPOT aka FAST-BOYZ dba POTZ SPEED AND PERFORMANCE

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default do not do business with JOHN PHILPOT aka FAST-BOYZ dba POTZ SPEED AND PERFORMANCE

well after selling parts for 5 years on this forum i finally found a guy that wants to rip me off. on 4/15 he purchased 2 LT1 MAF's from me to the tune of $60 shipped. at time of payment he added that "if you can ship these priority mail tomorrow that would be awesome" not really implying any urgency. they where packaged on monday and given to my shop hand to post that day with his EBAY sales for last weekend. we always send our USPS packages with a automated postal center located just down the street. it was out of service on monday and again on tuesday so on wednesday he dropped them off with the actual post office across town.

on thursday 4/19 JOHN PHILPOT known on here as Fast-Boyz doing business as POTZ SPEED AND PERFORMANCE gets ahold of me because he hasn't received his parts yet. i explained to he the situation and that the delivery confirmation # was in my shop hands car and i would get it to him as soon as possible.

today he opened a paypal dispute on the grounds that he had not received the parts yet (keep in mind it has only been 3 business days inbetween the sale and now). followed my an e-mail bashing me for costing him $200 and stating "when and if they arrive, i will refuse the delivery and have them returned to shipper"

they where shipped within a very reasonable time period and i have responded to every one of his e-mails in a prompt manner

anyway, i'll keep y'all posted on the progress of the dispute. just getting the word out

thanks
robbie

Last edited by STS95T/A; 04-20-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Teching In

if it took me filing a claim to get a valid tracking # to replace the bogus one you gave me, then i guess i am the bad guy here and i actually have no problem with that.

like i said in the other post, a simple heads up on the delay and maybe even a "sorry bout that" would have been greatly appreciated and neither of us would be bashing each other.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Teching In

for the record, the parts were received today and my dispute withdrawn. and by the way, the actual postmark on the package is the 19th which was the day i first asked about them and was told that they had already been shipped the day before or the 18th.

once this kid understands that you treat people the same way you would like to be treated yourself, he may be ok, but until then... i would not recommend anyone doing internet business with a seller like himself.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've dealt with Robbie before, he replied to my WTB ad and got me my part so quick I couldn't believe it came from Texas.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
I've dealt with Robbie before, he replied to my WTB ad and got me my part so quick I couldn't believe it came from Texas.
actually i had done business with him prior to this myself under my other screen name of ws6njax and there were no problems at all. only i am now restricted under that sn for doing the same thing he does on here and thats flip parts as a non-paying sponsor.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess all I'm saying is I always ship USPS and there tracking is not like FedEx or ups. Sometime it won't show up online for two days and sometimes it will get updated and other times it won't show anything until its been delivered.

If you needed the item immediately you should have been more clear or had him use another carrier and pay for expedited shipping.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Launching!

he did accept the parts and the dispute was withdrawn. parts where paid for on sunday the 15th and delivered in florida on saturday the 21st. most people would be thrilled with that kind of turnaround time. still way too much headache to be worth it. i like dealing with people on LS1tech because most are easy going and appreciative, not this guy

thanks
robbie

Quick Reply: do not do business with JOHN PHILPOT aka FAST-BOYZ dba POTZ SPEED AND PERFORMANCE