Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Bad deal with MJs1FastSS

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad deal with MJs1FastSS

Really didn't want to have to post a thread like this, especially considering his good feedback (including mine before I noticed the issue)...

Late Oct I purchased an LS1 clutch master cylinder from him. Was said to be installed but in new never used condition. It arrives and a couple days later I unwrap it and inspect it. Seems pretty rough for "new" and I find some gouges out of the inner portion of the quick connector which worried me. On Nov 1st, I bring this up to him and he assures me that its fine, but offered to let me return it if I wanted. Being in a tight spot doing a T56 swap using a friends garage, I really didn't have time to find another one, so I decided to trust him and use it.

Fast forward another two weeks when I finally get my swap done (trans turned out to be bad so I had to rebuild right before install), I go to bleed the clutch system (with the new Tick speed bleeder btw) and I just couldn't get it to bleed. I then notice that my carpet is soaked with fluid, it turns out that the "new" master cylinder was spitting fluid from the rod area inside the car.

I brought this to his attention on 11/16 and asked to send it back, as now Im in a really tight spot and have this useless part on my hands. Didn't hear back for 4 days, and his reply was that I must have done something wrong and to try my other hydraulic line (which I don't have considering Im doing a swap from scratch and have no extra parts), even though the hydraulic line wasn't the issue. I inform him that that wasn't the issue, and that is was leaking inside the car. I haven't heard back since, even though he has been on the forums. I have since had to file a PayPal claim to try and recoup my money, to which he hasn't replied to that either.

Moral of the story, never buy used hydraulics, even from someone who seems trustworthy. I cut my losses and ponied up for a Tick, and it works phenomenally!
Attached Thumbnails Bad deal with MJs1FastSS-img_20131101_202434_087_338x600.jpg  

Quick Reply: Bad deal with MJs1FastSS