Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

DO NOT TRUST Marty Donovan HE's a SCUMBAG LIAR!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Angry DO NOT TRUST Marty Donovan HE's a SCUMBAG LIAR!

DO NOT TRUST THIS ******* !!!

This piece of ****'s name is Marty Donovan and lives South Carolina.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=261992

After DAYS and HOURS of negotiations over the trade of his convertible Trans Am, on the literal last minutes he not only sells me out, but a 3rd party that was part of this transaction.

I have been talking to Marty for since the 21st about his car. Since i didn't have exactly what he wants, I did days of research to find something he would be happy with and in the end, I found his a Fox Body drag car that was setup from front to back to run 9's. Marty said that if I got the mustang, then he would trade.

Well I talked to the owner of the Mustang and over a long period of negotiations, I was able to get the car at my asking price. Marty was stoked about the whole thing said that he would be here on Saturday to drop off his car and pick up the mustang.

Now during the time, I had other offers, a 1995 cherry Trans Am vert and offers for other parts for my build, but since I was getting everything I needed with this trade, I declined all other offers, what's more, since I did not have any cash liquid, i had to cash in some CDs that had yet to mature, in which I was penalized for.

I heard back from Marty like clock work, either by phone, text messages, or emails, on how happy he was about the trade and how he could not wait to drop his 6.0 into the mustang... blag...blah...blah... So I call him up last night to see when he thought he'd be leaving. He said that he had to pull the 6.0 out of the bird and that he would be leaving around 1pm. THAT was the last I head from him. I have been calling him all day and texting him and NOTHING! Well I did spoof my number, once, to ID as a local number from his area and he answer, but once he heard it was me, he plaid the "Can you hear me" card.

Not only did this ***** *** piece of **** screw me, he screwed the guy selling the mustang, as well.Not only did the guy sit around the house all day with his family, to wait for us, he also had another buyer that called in after us, but saved the sale for us. He could have easily sold the car from underneath us and said too bad, but he was a solid guy and gave us our dibs.

I was also suppose to go to south Florida, to see my brother, with my mom, for her birthday, but because Marty said he wanted to do this, I stayed home.

This scumbag STILL hasn't bothered to text or call. Talk about a coward and a ***** as s bitch!

1/23/14 3:30 PM 2 days ago

+18434990281: I'm going to message the guy with the other car now and tell him that I can't trade. Is there any way you could get the Vin # from his car? 12:10 PM
Me: did the guy send the pics 2:03 PM
+18434990281: Yes.....I like that one, I asked for more info on gears and suspension. Can u get that one? 2:04 PM
+18434990281: I want the 88 gt. Lol. 3:12 PM
+18434990281: If u get the 88 I'll trade for it 3:30 PM

================================================== ======

1/25/14 4:40 PM 3 hours ago

Me: Hey Bro, you around? 9:03 PM
Me: Hey Bro, I pulled out the cash for the stang. So do you have a better idea on when you're leaving? 9:56 PM
+18434990281: Not yet, I have to get 2 tires put on my truck in the am, pick up dolly, then pull motor out. I can give u a call when I get home. 9:58 PM
+18434990281: I'm shooting for noon-1 leaving 9:59 PM
+18434990281: Can't talk right now, I'll call when I get home 10:02 PM
Me: I tried to call. Can you talk? 10:02 PM
Me: hey bro are you up? 10:32 PM

================================================== ============

Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:08:49 -0800
To: ronin_lsx@hotmail.com

Hey man, if u get that white 88 gt and wanna trade I'll give you both hoods, the stock red good and the vfn ws6 hood, and a full exhaust and 85mm throttle body. The exhaust is Edelbrock victor longtubes, 1 3/4-1 7/8 stepped headers, offroad Y-pipe, and a flowmaster cat back. I can send pics of everything except headers, can take some tonight

Last edited by RONIN LSX; 01-25-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey bud nothing for nothing but this guy has no posts , no trader rating and the account was oct 2013 , didn't you see anything fishy with any of that
Old 01-25-2014, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01 Vert ws6
Hey bud nothing for nothing but this guy has no posts , no trader rating and the account was oct 2013 , didn't you see anything fishy with any of that
Yeah I took that into consideration, but the weird thing is, he's already come all the way down here for a set of RIMS, lol... If he was playing a game, then I didn't get the rule book :/
Old 01-27-2014, 02:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trading cars is always asking for it, be glad the deal didn't go through.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well he had a Trans Am convertible roller that I've been trying to hunt down. He wasn't willing to sell outright and since I didn't have anything to trade, he gave me a list of what he wanted and I started searching and negotiating with sellers.

I found this 88 GT mustang roller that was tricked out for the track, from front to back and this ***** started acting like a pig in **** when I sent him pics. He was blowing up my phone, email and text about it and said he would do the trade if I got it.

So... I pulled cash out of my CDs, took the damn penalty, missed my mom's birthday all because this **** was too much of a ***** to call or text me that he changed his mind. Then again, who knows... this game was probably his way of getting off!

You live and learn, yeah...yeah...yeah... I know, but I just want to make sure that no one here gets burned by this ******* piece of **** liar!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to the internet?
Old 01-29-2014, 06:12 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

As much as this sucks and as much as I hate to hear you got the run around, this isn't the place for a thread like this given there was no transaction between you two.

Quick Reply: DO NOT TRUST Marty Donovan HE's a SCUMBAG LIAR!