Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

71chevellels1 sold me a bad rear

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 71chevellels1 sold me a bad rear

I bought a rear for my A- body from him in June 2013, he claimed it was a bolt in rear for my GTO (same setup as Chevelle), that it had an aftermarket detroit locker, and that it was built at Hoopers in SoCal. The rear was dropped off at my garage and it sat there, untouched untill I got back. I just got back three weeks ago from Afghanistan and I tried to install the rear this week. It wont fit, none of the brackets are right, and I opened it up to see the "aftermarket locker" and to my surprise, its not. Its the stock ford carrier. I cannot use this rear at all. I am now out $1500.00 and a rear for my car. I got scammed by this guy and he wont answer PMs. It appears as if he has gone MIA. I wont take this lightly, time to let the legal guy get to it.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

That sucks, Doesn't look like he's been on for a while. Was your GTO setup for coil over shocks? What year is your GTO?
Old 03-27-2014, 09:54 PM
11 Second Club

The seller I would assume has a 71 A-Body and SShep71 looks to have a 69 GTO, The A-Body was the same for 1968-1972.
The pic the seller posted looks like the correct rear end for your vehicle, he did say it was a shortened rear end 52" and that its setup for coil overs. So I would assume that you didn't think it was stock length and stock suspension hookup.
What setup/fitment issues are you having? maybe we can help assist you salvage your purchase.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. I knew the rear was shortened and that it was setup for coilovers. My GTO is also setup for the coilovers. The problem(s) are that the lower control arm brackets are too wide and the uppers are too long. The "Detroit locker" is just a Ford truck carrier with what looks like a mini spool. I will have to spend a good amount of time and cash to cut, re weld, and purchase the components that it was supposed to have to function as it was supposed to. The guys name is Anthony Medina from Acton California. I intend to pursue this to the fullest extent. I will update as this moves along and he is being given the chance to make this right with no hard feelings.

Quick Reply: 71chevellels1 sold me a bad rear