Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

brianfromhawaii sold broken turbo **UPDATED**

Old 03-28-2015, 01:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default brianfromhawaii sold broken turbo **UPDATED**

Buyer beware. This is just a quick response with a link to the thread from the sellers thread that sold me a broken turbo. I will add more detailed information to this thread in the morning. Whatever additional information anyone would want or need on this situation please respond with a comment. Thanks

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...kit-fbody.html

Last edited by 1BADAZZSS; 03-31-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

Default Update

Now that I have some time to sit down and write down everything from the beginning. This reply will not be "personally" attacking the seller and I will be blacking out his number for privacy. So let me start from the very first time I seen the for sale thread.

I started a search on local forums and some other forums, yellowbullet,LS1tech,Theturboforums. Looking for some type of a billet turbo. Since I have always had good luck finding parts on ls1tech I was able to find a used billet s480 billet.

I seen Brian had posted his phone number so I texted him about the turbo. After texting for a bit, I decided to call him and discuss what else he had for sale. He informed me the turbo only had 2k miles on it and it was the latest version billet 80mm wheel from Forced Inductions.

So after a few days I was finally able to sell my turbo to purchase his. Great!!!

I was well aware he was not going to ship it same day. Cool, next day will be fine. After I sent the payment I got these pictures of the turbo . Well not what his for sale thread was showing, but how bad could it be with 2k miles right?

Well Tuesday rolls around and he informs me a waterline breaks in his house and is unable to ship that day. I also decided to ad him on facebook cause I like to put a face to who I am talking to....

Wednesday comes and goes. He messages me to confirm the shipping address which it is supplied on my PayPal? He informs the post office was closed by the time I got back to him. It was 7:40pm central time when I replied back to him. It was 2:40pm his time in Hawaii and the post office closes at 4:30pm? He also told me UPS is not like it is on the mainland. You have to drive to the airport if you are wanting to ship a large package. So I goggled "the ups stores" in Hawaii and found a ton. So I called the phone that is closest to him which was not the airport. They told me on the phone that they do take large packages. Any size packages... Things are not adding up here. Starting to get a little nervous.
Independence (U.S.A. - Missouri) Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 7:40:00 PM CDT UTC-5 hours
Honolulu (U.S.A. - Hawaii) Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 2:40:00 PM HAST UTC-10 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 00:40:00

Thursday comes I text him 11am his time to get a status update. Still not shipped so I asked for a refund. He immediately calls me chewing my butt out. Telling me that he was going to ship the turbo out that day and I could open a dispute with PayPal, but I am getting the turbo. After A few minutes he finally cools down and proceeds to tell me the package is in his car but his friend just went to the hospital and that his friends wife needed a ride so Brian took her home in her car while Brian's car sits in the hospital parking lot.

Last edited by 1BADAZZSS; 03-31-2015 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

So a week went by waiting on the turbo to come. He communicated through text messaging seeing if I received it. Finally the day had come. I knew the package had come a long distance to me so I inspected the box the best I could before signing for it with UPS. Got the box inside the my house and thoroughly inspected it. I seen there was a decent size opening on the top of the box. He the turbo boxed inside another box he told me. So I opened the first box to reveal some shirts and pants used for padding, I would have used something different like peanuts so it could get padding all the way around cause the turbo box was shifting around inside the first box, but I didn't care as long the turbo is ok. I proceeded to the next box and voila there was the turbo sitting inside. I inspected it the best I could and then decided to take it to a local speed shop to have them further inspect it. The shop guy looked the turbo over and ended up taking the compressor cover off. He then proceeded to compare to another billet s480 he had on the self. He compared both turbos and then told me mine was not the newest version billet wheel. I so texted Brian and asked him when he ordered it. He called me immediate. I told me he ordered in middle of 2013 and that he confirmed again it was the newest version wheel. I asked him why he wanted to sell the turbo to begin with and Brian told me he was tired of the car and was parting it out. He told me one of his friends was driving the car and something went wrong and the car had engine failure but his friend kept driving it. I said ok I will look more into this wheel situation.

So about a week later I decided to send the turbo off to Jose at forced Inductions to confirm the wheel version. About a day later of Jose receiving the turbo I get this message. Also was told it was not the newest V3 billet wheel.

So I called Brian right away and competely forgot about the time difference. He answered the phone and told him what Jose had just said. Brian told me to get a price and get back to him. So later that night I messaged him on facebook. My intention by the first message was if he was to know before selling me the turbo me what would he have done? Obviously send it off to Jose to get fixed. I was hoping by saying that I could have gotton out from under this thing since it was a headache from the begging and he could just have jose do it and I could buy a new one.

OK? I asked a question and that's the response I get. So I opened a claim a hour later with PayPal. Next morning (Friday March 20th) I get a email from PayPal stating I have 3 days to provide documents. So I called PayPal to verify 3 days. Adviser informed me the following Wednesday(3 business days) to respond with documents. Great, so I hung up the phone and got Jose on the horn to get me a invoice with cost of repair. Monday comes and I get a email stating my case has been closed stating they have not got any documents in the 3 days. So on the phone again with PayPal. They put a American supervisor on the phone this time and told me it was 3 calender days. She told me as soon as I provide documents they would reopen the case. So I called my bank to give them a heads up of what was going on as if I was needing to dispute it I would have 30days to do so and by that time it was already 30days. Tuesday comes and I get a email saying there has been a reversal. Guess my bank went ahead and disputed it. I work through the rest of the week bugging Jose needing a invoice. Thursday comes and I get a email invoice sent to me. I upload to my case and within hours they give me a partial refund. In the mean time the seller is calling me a scammer,liar, saying I sent Jose my turbo even though I have facebook proof my turbo is sold and my old turbo was not even a billet turbo. I filed a claim with the seller through eBay for not as described (the pics in the thread were not recent and the wheel was not the latest wheel) and not in working condition (as the shaft and bearings were shot and needed a new CHRA cartridge) .

I dont deal with stress very well but this guy got me upset

In addition as of 3/27/15. I called my bank to cancel the dispute since PayPal offered me a partial credit. All funds under the dispute have been surrendered.

Last edited by 1BADAZZSS; 03-31-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear this. So do you have a turbo yet?
Old 05-06-2015, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

I finally received the turbo from Jose @ ForcedInductions last Thursday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: brianfromhawaii sold broken turbo **UPDATED**