Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Nelson Tune - the part you don't hear *long*

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004 | 01:16 PM
Truck addict

Originally Posted by GREGGO
I'm pretty much staying out of this since I have nothad any tunning fom Allen or anyone else. I will say, there is no point in flaming Flyer. You guys can tell your stories, god and bad, but Allen can speak for himself. I'm sure he is aware of this thread by now. I know both of these guys personally, and will vouch for the character of both (both good IMHO). Niether one would purposly try to screw the otherone. As most of you can see, there is a lot of detail that goes with this situation, so an easy fix will probably be just as much detailed.
are you SWISS? greg is right, this is gonna take some sorting out
Old 08-12-2004 | 02:22 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Originally Posted by BigTex
Allen should have given you your PERFORMANCE tune and a free before and after dyno. I understand not wanting to give your money back, but he should have still tried to make up for his failure.

Allen stated you had a 30 day policy, and it happened 3 months ago. But you are complaining that he failed to get you an updated file for two months. That lack of service for two months would have put you back into the warranty period. Obviously you didn't know he was going to blow you off for two months. Saying you have a 30 day period to evaluate the product basically implies that you actually received the FULL product purchased, not just a teaser.

Customer service often means more than than the product received; and in this case you didn't get much of either. Sorry.
Well said Richard.

goshawk23 - I think Greg is French actually.
Old 08-12-2004 | 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

I cant believe so many are siding with a guy who hasnt fulfilled his obligations in any form and then wants to charge more money to get things right. I think a free dyno tune is the minimum he could do. At least a partial refund would be more appropriate. He has gotten nothing that works. How many here scream, ****, and moan and then request sticky threads when a clamp or bolt is missing from a part they purchased from a sponser or member??!! There are some very hypocritical people in here it seems.
Old 08-12-2004 | 03:13 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Originally Posted by BenKey
Allen never tuned him for boost. So running 10lbs boost on a stock tune, or Allen's initial tune, is not good. He was working it (SS owner in question) and even kept telling all of us how lean he was, but continued to run it. Last I talked to him, while in KS, I believe his O2s were showing around 885mv. Trust me, I talked to him several times. I know for a fact, Allen never worked on the tune from the point that he got the turbo installed. I even talked to Allen about it while in KS. Not sure Allen installed his turbo either. Maybe you should talk to him first, before posting.
From what I was told (and I wasn't there, but spoke with the person in question), Allen did tune that truck before it ran. The HPT file was removed.

'Course, I have no idea other than what I was told. I do know of one other person running FI and a Nelson tune with significant KR, but I believe that was resolve by Allen, in short order.
Old 08-12-2004 | 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by greentahoe
I cant believe so many are siding with a guy who hasnt fulfilled his obligations in any form and then wants to charge more money to get things right. I think a free dyno tune is the minimum he could do. At least a partial refund would be more appropriate. He has gotten nothing that works. How many here scream, ****, and moan and then request sticky threads when a clamp or bolt is missing from a part they purchased from a sponser or member??!! There are some very hypocritical people in here it seems.
Couldn't agree more. If I was flyer I would feel the same as him, ripped off. Some people don't seem to see whats going on here..
My .02
Old 08-12-2004 | 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by greentahoe
to tha
Old 08-12-2004 | 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

I would think the free dyno run would benifit both parties.
Flyer would get his truck tuned, and allen would get to send some info off to a mag, and possibly recieve more customers, by throwing his name into the mag ....
just my 2 cents.
Old 08-12-2004 | 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01 Thunder
I would think the free dyno run would benifit both parties.
Flyer would get his truck tuned, and allen would get to send some info off to a mag, and possibly recieve more customers, by throwing his name into the mag ....
just my 2 cents.
I agree - lets let them work it out - both seem to be upstanding smart people and neither want bad press.
I am sure this could be worked out.
Old 08-12-2004 | 05:58 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by LS1csherm
I agree - lets let them work it out - both seem to be upstanding smart people and neither want bad press.
I am sure this could be worked out.

Old 08-12-2004 | 06:06 PM
Need More N2O Mod

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
From what I was told (and I wasn't there, but spoke with the person in question), Allen did tune that truck before it ran. The HPT file was removed.

'Course, I have no idea other than what I was told. I do know of one other person running FI and a Nelson tune with significant KR, but I believe that was resolve by Allen, in short order.
thats what i was thought too. and thats what the owner of the ss said because there were a few of us retuning at the strip after a run and he was one of them. because he was running very very lean. i have heard a few different stories about allen. and some are good and some are very bad.
Old 08-12-2004 | 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

OK .. I think there are some assumed details here.

Here is the line from PayPal when I payed for the tune.

Mar. 17, 2004 Payment To Allen Nelson Completed

I received the 1st tune on 3/21/04 going by the filename of the tune (Allen uses dates for filename). My trans let go early June.

I'm not disputting the 30 days limit on the refund policy at all. I totally agree, I'm out of bounds on that one. I am disputting his reasons for not giving the refund since none of his reasons apply to my situation here.

I was more than willing to make the 6 hour trip to let him dyno tune it for me, but I wasn't about to fork out more money for it. Since all this has come up, I don't want him tuning my truck because I am the cause of what might be considered 'bad press'. I've heard other stories about people getting bad tunes from tuners they have had confrontations with. I'm not at all saying that Allen would do that, in fact I don't think he would, but I'm not taking any chances. I would also rather not do business with anyone who won't take care of my problems.

I got the tuning for idle quality only. In fact you could probably search for some of my posts about it around the time of the SBSO and you will find that out. I was more than capable of tuning my truck and still am capable of doing the task myself. I was having a hard time getting the idle down good, so I decided to let someone else try and handle it. Turned out to be a not so good situation. When I went down tehre we decided there were mechanical difficulties keeping me from getting a good idle. We both agreed to continue at a later time. That later time never came.

Now the deal with the 2 month waiting period for a tune ....
Old 08-12-2004 | 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Both of you before Flyer gets medieval on your asses.
Old 08-12-2004 | 06:45 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
I think I'm good to go here since my name isnt Allen
Flyer went medieval!!
Old 08-12-2004 | 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by onyx
you deleted your post you wuss!!!!!
wasnt me! it was a **** mod!
Old 08-12-2004 | 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
wasnt me! it was a **** mod!

Please don't ***** this up guys.
Old 08-12-2004 | 06:53 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Flyer

Please don't ***** this up guys.
ok i done.
Old 08-12-2004 | 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have read most of the replies. Some replies state that Can't please everybody. That is what Customer Service is for there to give the customer good service whether or not the buisness can help them. Leaving the customer with good service. Thats the way to do buisness. And the only way.
Old 08-12-2004 | 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mwalls54
thats what i was thought too. and thats what the owner of the ss said because there were a few of us retuning at the strip after a run and he was one of them. because he was running very very lean. i have heard a few different stories about allen. and some are good and some are very bad.
All three of you SS guys were fed a line of BS.
Old 08-12-2004 | 07:45 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Talking

allen did not tune the ss that messed up. he went and changed allen's tunes and allen told him it would not work. hp tuners is not compatible with edit. allen told him he would charge him to retune it but i believe he disagreed.
Old 08-12-2004 | 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

We can solve this on the SS site.

Quick Reply: Nelson Tune - the part you don't hear *long*