Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Nick Root aka Ls1powerhouse a Ripoff!! (Oklahoma)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im waiting on the 03 SS silverado cam. Shipped to:

Nick Hatfield
7430 Sudley Rd.
Manassas, V.A. 20110

Thanks
Old 10-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

I dont have to wait for **** bro. He contacted me , dunno about you other guys, so he should have had his **** together. Plain and simple if you dont know how to do business, then dont do it.

Guys lesson for y'all. If your stuff hasnt shown up in two weeks file a claim at paypal becuase its only thirty days long to file. i already got my money back.

WS6 waited 2 months for headers, i got mine in 4 days
Old 10-27-2004, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick owes me 120.00 dollars as a refund for a H/C package that I bought from him. The heads were no where near the described condition. He said they were flow tested and flowed 310 cfm @ .550 and they did not even flow 300 cfm @ .650. One of the valves had been replaced and the valves job was crap as the vavles were tooo thin also there had been a nitrous explosion in one of the cylinders and it put some very deep pits in the deck so they needed to be milled before they could even be used. I asked for 500 dollars back as they need to be re ported and new valves and milled , but he only agreeed to pay me 150.00 and he has only paid me 45 which was six weeks ago!! I have another e mail address of his that I got through his paypay account here it is badassls1@ sbcglobal.net. His home phone number is 1-405-217-9324 I figure some of us would like to talk to this kid. He has lied about his age as he is only 18 or 19 years old when his public profile makes him look like his is in his 40's or 50's he changes his age when I was buying the H/C kit from him as other people were giving him **** for being so young. His is obviously immature. Hey k-9 if you need any help filing that federal thing I would like to press charges also as he owes me more than 120.00 that he said he would pay me, but I have not received any money from him other than 45 dollars. This kid needs the law to pay him a visit I am all for that.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

You are correct about his age, # and e-mail address. Also, from his account, his home address is listed there for those of you who Paypaled him.
I made several inquiries about him, his past, etc, and learned that his poor track record of business is not specific to LS1 tech. He has failed to complete other transactions on eBay as well.
This information is available to anyone who cares enough to search out his past. No special police means were used to figure out this guy is a peice of work.
I also can't help but wonder, "Where is this guy getting this stuff from?"
As for filing claims/complaints; It is best for a group of people who have suffered a loss to band together and complain at the same time. I suggest initially contacting your local FBI field office and reporting an interstate mail/internet fraud. Then if you are receiving no recourse, we might all see if the mods would let us post up a complete list of items owed, money owed, attempts for contact, etc. This information could in turn be reported to the District Attorney for Norman, OK. A single complaint is one thing, but the voice of many is often heard clearly.
I can honestly report that although unfortunate, this type of activity occurs thousands of times per day. As local LE goes, we are at the mercy of the DA who usually tends to not want to deal with 'small' claims of fraud. I know, I know, makes me crazy as well. But, as suggested, if we were all to band together and make a complaint, it may be better recieved.
Personally, I have received a refund for my purchase price (minus 7.00) thru a paypal complaint. I received 1/2 of the parts I paid for (in lousy condition...not as advertised) the day the paypal refund came in. I had called and left a message for little Nick Root but....he has not called me back. I posted up on this board for him to contact me to work out a 'reasonable' payment for the goods that I have received however, he has failed to contact me back. I have sent emails, and attempted to PM him as well, but he does not return any messages. I gotta tell you all....I am not going to chase him to try and pay him. So, here goes:

Attention: Nick ROOT,
If you wish to be compensated for the delivered items, this is my last attempt to contact you. I am posting in a public forum for all to view my desire to pay for what I received. After 15 days from this notice, I will consider this matter closed and take your lack of contact as a sign you are satisfied with the current standing of our transaction. You have my email address, my phone number, and my LS1tech address if you wish to get in touch with me.

To the MODS; I know you have been watching this thread and have made certain gaurantee's to Mr. Root in reference to his future status here on this forum. I am pleased with your response and hope that all members which have done business with Mr. Root find satisfaction in one form or another.

This is me, jumping off the soap box.

Kev

Last edited by K9Kev; 10-27-2004 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-28-2004, 10:19 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

Nick has until the end of the month to address the problems or he is banned forever and this sticky will stay up permanently.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks John, Yeah i still havent seen the cam so we will see what happens here in the next couple days. Hopefully by monday Ill have what i need as well as the others here having what they need
Old 10-28-2004, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Nick has until the end of the month to address the problems or he is banned forever and this sticky will stay up permanently.

John,
It's because of upstanding folks like you, Nine Ball, and the other Mods that we have all come to live here on LS1tech. Fly by night operators like Root do not last here and I appreciate your taking your time to deal with the likes of him.

Thanks,
Kev
Old 10-28-2004, 09:51 PM
Banned

wow. people are ruthless these days...
i sent riddlers' ls1 his stuff like a week ago and he still took his money back out of paypal. so he has some 02 sensors for free. but do you hear me crying?
i will send you your tubes and your valley cover kevin. and to everyone else. i will straighten everything out.

thanks.

The devil root
Old 11-01-2004, 03:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick still havn't heard from you whats up? Are you going to straighten everything out?
Old 11-01-2004, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Me niether whats the deal dude?
Old 11-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Banned

yes. i am in the process of shipping everything out.

blackerado- your cam is on the way.

kk9kevv-you plan on paying me for your parts?

pro stock john- i am trying, as i have a computer now.sorry.

riddlersls1-either pay me $50 or send my 02 sensors back.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1POWERHOUSE
yes. i am in the process of shipping everything out.

kk9kevv-you plan on paying me for your parts?

Look here young man....I paid you 207.00 on Oct. 4, 2004. You cashed my payment within minutes and I did not receive anything until filing a claim thru paypal. I repeatedly emailed you asking for status on the shipping and or tracking numbers...I got nothing but excuses, so I filed a paypal claim.
I then called you, emailed you, and PM'd you. You NEVER returned any messages.
"DO NOT" get on here and try and make it look like I am the one pulling a fast one. I did not receive the parts I paid for so I filed a claim on Paypal.
10 days after the claim was filed, I received notice from Paypal that they were returning 200.00 to me. That same day, a pair of worn out (dried up) slicks and a set of lifters thrown in a box recklessly arrived. No slick tubes, and no valley tray as were promised.
I had gotten my money back but, after receiving these above noted peices, I posted up here and advised you of this. Your response: "Kev, your parts are on the way." As usual, I have yet to see anything. Now your gonna start whining on the board??
YOU NEED TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER !!!!!
I am still missing 3 of 5 items. As stated, I have left you messages regarding what I expect. When you decide to call me or return emails and let me know how much * within reason * you wish for the items I did receive, I will pay you.
Again, DO NOT get on here and play smart *** games with me trying to make yourself look like a victim.
Kev

Last edited by K9Kev; 11-01-2004 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

and those two o2 sensors were bad dude I just tried them on ws6 and the check engine light came on. stock ones back on and they went off. this has to have been the worst waste of time ever. peace>
Old 11-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Banned

well atleast send them back riddlersls1.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by K9Kev
Look here young man....I paid you 207.00 on Oct. 4, 2004. You cashed my payment within minutes and I did not receive anything until filing a claim thru paypal. I repeatedly emailed you asking for status on the shipping and or tracking numbers...I got nothing but excuses, so I filed a paypal claim.
I then called you, emailed you, and PM'd you. You NEVER returned any messages.
"DO NOT" get on here and try and make it look like I am the one pulling a fast one. I did not receive the parts I paid for so I filed a claim on Paypal.
10 days after the claim was filed, I received notice from Paypal that they were returning 200.00 to me. That same day, a pair of worn out (dried up) slicks and a set of lifters thrown in a box recklessly arrived. No slick tubes, and no valley tray as were promised.
I had gotten my money back but, after receiving these above noted peices, I posted up here and advised you of this. Your response: "Kev, your parts are on the way." As usual, I have yet to see anything. Now your gonna start whining on the board??
YOU NEED TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER !!!!!
I am still missing 3 of 5 items. As stated, I have left you messages regarding what I expect. When you decide to call me or return emails and let me know how much * within reason * you wish for the items I did receive, I will pay you.
Again, DO NOT get on here and play smart *** games with me trying to make yourself look like a victim.
Kev

look here old man. just because you are a ******* cop doesnt give you the right to talk down to me. but, thats just a cop's style tough... they strap on that badge, THEY ARE SUPERMAN.
look just send me $185 through paypal so this can be over with.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:57 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

For your shitty attitude you are banned Nick, we've put up with your sloppy deals for over a year but that now comes to an end.

Fix all these bad deals and maybe you can come back at some point, but to insult Kevin like that was over the line.

ADMIN
Old 11-03-2004, 01:43 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

If anyone is still working on old deals with this person, his reg'd addy is:

BADASSLS1@SBCGLOBAL.NET
Old 11-03-2004, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Boss
Old 11-03-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

For your shitty attitude you are banned Nick, we've put up with your sloppy deals for over a year but that now comes to an end.

Fix all these bad deals and maybe you can come back at some point, but to insult Kevin like that was over the line.

ADMIN
Right on!
Old 11-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

ADMIN
His new tag is Sprayedz28 heads up.

Quick Reply: Nick Root aka Ls1powerhouse a Ripoff!! (Oklahoma)