Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Nick Root aka Ls1powerhouse a Ripoff!! (Oklahoma)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 10:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As of today the deal still has not been resolved however I have received an e mail from Nick saying he would pay me my money today and that was six days ago go figure. John I am supposed to notify you as soon as I receive payment!! Stay tuned I will update asap.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Default 120 dollar payment

hi frank, this is nick. (heads cam guy). i need your paypal address so i can send you the rest of your money. i am sorry it has taken so long, but i now have it. so, if you could please notify pro stock john once you recieve the money so that i can get on ls1tech again.i promised you the money and i came through with it. just sorry for the delay.

thanks, nick.

this is the email I got from him the day after thanksgiving still have not received payment or any form of communication whatsoever since then and I have tried e mailing him about ten times to get a status of the refund??
I will notify Pro Stock John when and only when I see the money.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's using the name "1 Fast Camaro" now or at least has been recently. I'm still waiting on an oil pan which I can assume I will never get. Paypal has been contacted.

Dude, where's my oil pan?

All in favor of mailing this kid a box of feces? I think he deserves a little **** for all this.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

I have now banned:

1 fast camaro
Old 01-14-2005, 03:03 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

LS1powerhouse jumped in a parts wanted thread posted by another individual and wanted to buy the M6 crossmember I had . After no reply from the original poster,(I stated to the original poster I would sell it for what he thought was a fair price) I told him I would ship it upon recieving payment . Never heard from him again. I see two things wrong with that: 1. trying to buy something someone needs because you want to resell it and make money off of it instead of helping a fellow member who needs the part. 2. doing #1 and then wasting the seller's time. The dude is fishy.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

You can ban screen names all you want. You need to go after the individuals IP address and block that.We have had to do this on our board and it has worked.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:25 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

We can take it to that level but have not so far. I will check on this. You know, Nick seems like a pretty bright kid overall but the problems on some of these deals caused us to do the ban. I do not like to ban folks and just ask that folks use the board in a fair manner and treat other board members with respect and courtesy.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Resident

I have been waiting for the ramaining balance on the necklace that I had for sale on a previous post. I have sent a request today through PayPal for the amount and I will see where that takes me. I emailed him this weekend and did get a reply mentioning that he had forgotten about it totally and thanking me for the reminder. I will give the benefit of the doubt until the end of the month, hopefully it will be resolved by then. He did mention that his brother was a Marine, that is helping him with the comraderie from my side.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Default Necklace

I hope your joking when you say necklace this is a car forum not a jewelry auction. How did you get a hold of him since he is banned? Do you have his other e mail?
Old 01-31-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

I just used the email that has been supplied in this thread. As for the necklace no, I am not joking. I used the 'Other Things For Sale' thread, which is there for that very reason. Continue to enjoy your split pea soup and hanging out in Dutch country.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Since I last posted nothing has come of my money request from him. I did receive this email via PayPal this morning:

Nick Root (badassls1@sbcglobal.net) cancelled the following Money
Request:

------------------------------
Money Request Details
------------------------------

Amount: $46.03 USD

Subject: Balance

Note:Here is the remaining balance for the necklace. After reading through LS1Tech I have decided to give you until the end of this month to pay the balance. I'm glad I could help you out when you were in need, but the time has come for you to follow up on your end. Your cooperation is appreciated, thank you.

He cancelled this request after telling me twice within a week and a half that he would be getting the money into the PayPal account in a few days. He now also states that he is getting married and that he is also moving into a new house for he and his wife. I could care less, the amount is not that great but the principle of the situation is huge. I have already begun my own quest to get this figured out by my own means. Has anyone gotten any REAL response or payment from him?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Launching!

i dont know how i ended dealing with him on ebay. i bought a cable shifter from him and stupid f*ck sent me a defective one. the cable was almost in 2 pieces! i was able to get my money back but he wasted almost 2 weeks of my time (2 weeks not being able to drive the car)
his ebay account is 400shot
Old 05-18-2005, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

He hasn't received a negative FB yet on ebay, but only one transaction from a buyer?

For you guys that are from the D/FW TX area, well....It only takes about 3-3 1/2 hours to get to OKC from there!?

It may be beneficial to be aware of the local fbody website as well? Just in case your interested it is cofba.com

Last edited by stngh8r; 05-18-2005 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:50 AM
Launching!

he was selling an ls1 center console on ebay so i asked him (seller) if he had the shifter cable. he replied back and said he has one in great condition. i sent him the money and i received the defective shifter cable about 8 days later. i ran a search on 3 fbody forums using his e-mail address and found this thread. i sent him 1 e-mail every day to reply back as to why he sent me a defective part. he replied back after the 3rd e-mail (asking for my paypal address) and 4 days later i got my money back (less shipping cost).

i wish he had it on ebay so i can leave him a negative feedback.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Nick Root is a POS plain and simple he still owes me 150 dollars and I don't ever plan on seeing it. I wonder if he is back here on ls1tech with a different name? Keep your eyes out for suspicious seller.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 52172
Nick Root is a POS plain and simple he still owes me 150 dollars and I don't ever plan on seeing it. I wonder if he is back here on ls1tech with a different name? Keep your eyes out for suspicious seller.
i have his home address and his home number. pm me if you want it.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

Just FYI

Ok everyone here is the situation I am in. I purchased (7) coild packs on LS1 Tech from SSMOKED (SSLS1 on TECH) who says that either GIT-R-Done (nick Root) or this dustin brewer actually sold them thru his screen name. I am here to find out who actually sold them to me. since i can get no respoce from anyone and have not recieved them. So one of these guys has screwed me on gettin my coil packs and out of $80 Some help would be greatly appreciated

thanks Scott smeshey@charter.net

http://www.ws6zxr.com/showthread.php?t=25161
Old 06-05-2005, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

ok to set it straight those names are mine on the boards not nick roots, he borrowed my name on here and apparently sold some stuff and they didnt recieve it, but i have talked to the 2 guys and have been trying to help them get it resolved, im sure they both will post on here saying that i am not included in this situation, and that im helping as much as i can
Old 04-26-2006, 09:53 AM
12 Second Club

Damn i wish i would have seen this guys screen name before i joined......i just want to make sure everyone knows i am not LS1powerhouse! I was bored and scrolled through this section and saw this thread and it scared the **** out of me at first! So just to clarify for the future. LS1powerhouse02 is not LS1powerhouse. Thanks!

Brent
Old 04-26-2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by LS1powerhouse02
Damn i wish i would have seen this guys screen name before i joined......i just want to make sure everyone knows i am not LS1powerhouse! I was bored and scrolled through this section and saw this thread and it scared the **** out of me at first! So just to clarify for the future. LS1powerhouse02 is not LS1powerhouse. Thanks!

Brent
lol..

If you want you can get an admin to change your name!

Quick Reply: Nick Root aka Ls1powerhouse a Ripoff!! (Oklahoma)