Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

darkecho not so good seller

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 10:26 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default darkecho not so good seller

I bought a nitrous bottle from him for $120. He gave me a few excuses why he hadn't made it out to ship it off to me and then after almost a week of not shipping he refunded my money to paypal and said

Originally Posted by darkecho
Hey man, im really sorry but some guy locally wants to buy the kit, and im having shitty luck parting it out so im going to have to refund you and sell this kit to him, ill get a lot more money and be done with this thing once and for all, im really sorry
So apparently his non-shipping excuses were BS, he was waiting for an answer from the "local guy" before he shipped it. You don't advertise something for sale, accept payment on said item, then sell it to someone else and say "sorry, sold it to someone else after you already paid for it so here's your money back."

Old 01-06-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

At least you got your money back and weren't waiting around forever for it. It sucks he found someone local to buy it after he sold it to you, but it could have been a lot worse... you could have bought it from a bad seller and never seen a refund or a nitrous bottle. You're out a week of your time and no money... thats all. It sucks but thats life, find another nitrous bottle and move on.

Just my $0.02
Old 01-06-2005, 03:39 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Note, I didn't say BAD SELLER, just not so good seller. Yeah, I'm happy I got my money back, but he still screwed me on the sale.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207297
Old 01-06-2005, 04:48 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Your point?
Old 01-06-2005, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Hey man, the excuse wasnt BS, you saw how little replies i had in there, and for your information, no one was interested in the kit that i posted everywhere, so i changed the thread to "parting out" after 2 weeks of that crap, only you were interested in the bottle, im really sorry that this happend, but a few days after i had received your paypal and was packaging the bottle, someone emailed me saying that they would pay me instantly 570 for the entire thing... WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE!? lol i know your upset but theres a bottle selling right now for 110 and it looks to have a gauge, its 10 dollars cheaper than how much i sold my bottle to you for, and it looks to be in BETTer shape,
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/258268-nx-nitrous-bottle-10lbs.html
so, again, its not BS, i know maybe it wasnt the smoothest move ive made before, and sorry you got the **** end of the stick but you might walk away with 10 bucks more in your pocket and a better bottle... so think about it and stop bein pissed off.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:32 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I would've sold you the bottle and told the other guy sorry, the bottle had been sold. It's the principle behind it, not the fact that I can get a bottle cheaper elsewhere.

I'm not pissed. It's just the principle. Thought people should know. You all can attack me all you want, it doesn't matter that no one was ripped off in the long run, it's the principle. You don't sell something and then say sorry, got a better offer over here, here's your money back. PRINCIPLE.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

i get your point and im not attacking you, i apologized and admitted that i was wrong, the kit is no longer in my possesion and so its all done and nothing more can be done about it. like i said, i know your upset but people are greedy (especially me) and when im having no luck selling the kit, and have only sold one part, and someone offers me a butt load of cash for the kit (more than i expected in the first place) i was pretty happy to sell it to them, and you got screwed, sorry for that but i didnt think you'd be that upset, i mean, i'd probably react similar to the way you are but i think i would at least understand that the person wanted my kit because it had everything needed for nitrous and that is very enticing...

i put the nitrous on the boards for one reason, money, so if i have a choice between 120 and 570, im obviously going to go with 570 even if it means i wasted your time... it happens.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

oh and the excuses about not being able to ship it were because my car died and wouldnt start and i was without transportaion for 3 days, then my brake fluid was leaking and that had to be fixed under warranty at the dealership which took 2 days, i wasnt waiting for someone to buy the kit..
Old 01-06-2005, 06:45 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Like I said, I'm not pissed. I have 3 other nitrous bottles, I didn't need your bottle.

principle
Old 01-06-2005, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

....? so why wer u buying it anyways? and why post a thread about it... are you interested in the other guys bottle at all?
Old 01-06-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Chicken is right here! Dark you offered soemthing for sell, sold it, accepted the money and THEN changed your mind a week later? I am sorry but that is Bull **** in every aspect. So you refunded his money hey that is great! So that only proves you are not a thief. This whole situation reflects on your character. How would you expect anyone else to buy something and believe you will sell it? This wasnt an auction! it was for sale.
I dont know you by anything other than what I just witnessed by yours and chickens admissions.
Biggest problem I see here is you think everything should just be cool since you refunded his money.. Personally I disagree...

Lets face it, the only thing we can judge one another on when we are dealing with each other on the net is "our word" and quite frankly your "word" is obviously no good!

Sorry that is just how I feel.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:56 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I'm always in the market for 10 pound bottles, when funds allow it, I buy them.

I'm sorry I felt this was an experience I should voice. I'm not mad, happy, or sad.

I will continue to buy more nitrous bottles as funds allow. I pay quickly and promptly, and expect the seller to do his part, quickly and promptly after funds are received. That is what is called principles. It's a quality that is getting harder and harder to find these days.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hawgs
...It sucks he found someone local to buy it after he sold it to you, but it could have been a lot worse. ...
******* **** happens! before i bought my car, i saw one on ebay and i asked teh guy if i could come check it out, he lived 70 miles from me so i thought nothing of it, after having the BIN for 4 days and nobody using it i thought nothing of it. when i get to the guys house he tells me that somebody bought it on ebay BIN 30 mins before i showed up. he refused to sell me the car even though he stated reserves right to sell locally in his description.

point being **** goes both ways
Old 01-06-2005, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Flipper, i know that i was wrong, what do you want me to do about it? this isnt my regular practice, ive never done this before, the kit was really frusterating me during parting out and so when given an opportunity to sell the whole thing and be done, i took it, yes, not morraly right, i realize that, and im sorry that i screwed over magic but what can i do now? i refunded his money, its besides the point but he didnt need the bottle, i got into a situation that really screwed me over also, i dont want to make enemies and i am a reputable seller, this is the only instance where something like this has occured but **** happens, and it looks like im the one whos losing the most from this whole thing. sorry for provoking this thing Magic and i hope this doesnt cause any hard feelings later on between us. i make a selfish choice and now im learning from it, your learning from it too, its what lifes about. so the hell with it, im done with this convo.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Just a question,how did darkecho post an item for sale with only 14 post(at this time)?
I also agree with MC,wasn't the right thing to do.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:15 PM
12 Second Truck Club

For the 4th time, I'm not mad. No hard feelings, would I buy anything from you again in the future, probably not. Would I hang out with you and be cordial to you at a get together, sure. I ain't mad at you. Didn't know you had to be totally happy or totally pissed to post in the user feedback forum.

(ps, I already made my point, the only reason I keep replying now is to get my posts up, can't be a post ***** if you're not posting. )
Old 01-06-2005, 07:16 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by ss rally red
Just a question,how did darkecho post an item for sale with only 14 post(at this time)?
I also agree with MC,wasn't the right thing to do.
The rule is 50 posts or 6 months. He's been here longer than 6 months now.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

that is an interesting question... how did i?
Old 01-06-2005, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

ah... true... im glad you feel that way, and im sorry again, i'd chill with you too haha

Quick Reply: darkecho not so good seller