Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

SPEC Customer Service = Excellent

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEC Customer Service = Excellent

Just wanted to throw a quick email out to send praise to the guys over at SPEC.

I was out racing on a private track with a group buddies. My car had a SPEC 3 in it with billet flywheel and I was pushing the limits of the clutch w/ 710-720fwtq. As most of you know the clutch is rated at 700fwtq. I knew that it was the weakest link in my setup and it was only a matter of time before the clutch burnt out, but I never would have expected this to happen (notice the pictures)

My clutch gave causing nearly $7000 in damage. My block was cracked, stainless steel headers destroyed, T-56 ruined and have of the pressure plate is stuck in my floor pan.

So I gave spec a call to see what, if anything, they could do for me. To my supprise the tech, Steven, I spoke to was very empathetic and told me that he was sure he could work something out with his warranty department. He told me the pictures he saw were brutal and asked me what kind of clutch it was, haha SPEC 3 with billet alum flywheel. One phone call later they are shipping me a brand new SPEC 5, yes 5, with new billet flywheel all for free. Price tag would be right around $1000.

All in all I have to say that SPEC was nothing but helpful to me and definitely showed me that they are a company of integrity. Excellent customer service!

John McNabb
Attached Thumbnails SPEC Customer Service = Excellent-570100_0717-med.jpg   SPEC Customer Service = Excellent-570100_0718-med.jpg   SPEC Customer Service = Excellent-570100_0722-med.jpg   SPEC Customer Service = Excellent-570100_0724-med.jpg   SPEC Customer Service = Excellent-570100_0725-med.jpg