Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

false advertising? (confusion about Predator programmer)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default false advertising? (confusion about Predator programmer)

I bought a Granetelli Diablo Predator programmer from v8juice under the understanding it was not locked to a VIN, in fact his for sale ad said "un broken seal" & "never been used"! Well I turned around and sold it cause I found out that my mods were a little much for this type of programmer. The buyer calls me up this morning to tell me that he went to use it and what'd ya know it is already locked to a VIN. So he is going to find out what a reflash is gonna cost and I am reimbursing him that amount of money. What a crock of BS, I don't get any use out of this and here I am having to pay to have it reflashed when it wasn't my VIN it's locked to. I'd really like to here what you have to say v8juice.

Here is the original thread I bought this from:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...97#post3257397

Last edited by Anniversary "Z"; 07-27-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:22 PM

He should refund you the $75, since he obviously lied about it being new. I would suggest taking it up with him, it could be a simple misunderstanding.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
He should refund you the $75, since he obviously lied about it being new. I would suggest taking it up with him, it could be a simple misunderstanding.
Is that what a reflash costs? I have sent a PM giving him a chance to take care of the issue. If he would be willing to do so I will delete this thread.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:45 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Anniversary "Z"
Is that what a reflash costs? I have sent a PM giving him a chance to take care of the issue. If he would be willing to do so I will delete this thread.
Don't delete it, then we'll just have to restore it If it's resolved then the title will be edited to indicate that, but not going to just erase it and pretend it never happened.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Launching!

The programmer came with my ati supercharger kit that i bought new.I never even broke the seal on it because I had my car custom tuned right after the install. I *** ume you looked over it closely and noticed it hadnt been opened. I didnt even see the thing because I never opened the boxThat does not make any sense.If you sold it to someone after I sold it to you then someone is yanking somebodies chain and it isnt me.Check out my feedback on ebay,100% positive for v8juice999.

Last edited by v8juice; 07-27-2005 at 06:07 PM. Reason: adding comment
Old 07-27-2005, 07:27 PM
12 Second Club

Hi this is the guy that bought the programmer from Anniversary "Z". I read the instructions thoroughly last night and this morning i went to my car to try out diablo's custom tune on my car. Unfortanetly went it went to implement the tune, it said the the programmer had already been locked to someone else's vin. I went ahead and tried again and it said the same thing. I called Anniversary "Z" later on in the morning and informed him of the problem. I told him that i would have it shipped to diable to have it flashed if he would pay the cost of the flashing. He agreed. Tonight when i got off work i tried again and it said the same thing so i assume that someone else has used this programmer before to tune their car, whether to change wheel sizes, modify shift points, whatever. I do know that it does look brand new and it still has the sticker over the face of it. Which really doesn't mean anything since when i used it today i didn't peel the clear sticker off either. Now i'm going to shoot diablo an e-mail seeing how much its going to cost to get flashed.

Rusty
Old 07-27-2005, 07:33 PM

Rusty-

Was it sealed when you received it? Or was it opened?
Old 07-27-2005, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

The box had been opened. Anniversary "Z" said that he had opened the box to look at the instruction manual and had not taken the programmer out of the box. From what i understand he bought the programmer from the original owner when his car was relatively stock, and that it took awhile for it to get to him. By that time his car had been modified to much for the programmer to be of any use. He mentioned that he was probably going to go to a speed shop to have it custom tuned with a program like ls1 edit after some further modifications.

Rusty
Old 07-27-2005, 07:51 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know much about Predators, but if there's some way to get it to report the VIN that it's 'locked on', that would be a pretty easy way of figuring this out...
Old 07-27-2005, 07:58 PM
12 Second Club

If someone wants to tell how to do that i would be happy to find out whos vin it is. I looked in the manual and all it mentions is the tools serial number which i assume is the programmers serial and performance tune infromation. These are the only 2 things that look promising that you can find out in the option menu of the programmer.

Rusty
Old 07-27-2005, 08:17 PM

I have one, let me go run it and Ill see what I can find!!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Launching!

When I sent it out the box was sealed.And now this item has been passed to a second party and opened.And now I am to be responsible?Ok,Im gonna do this only once.No mattter what is said I can see I am going to be in a no win situation..I sold that item and others on that post and this one is the only one that has come back to bite me in the *** for no reason.My first time selling here,and its going to be the last for the pain and grief is not worth it.I sold the item I received from ATI in the mail directly to Anniversary unopened because I did not need it.I too would be interested to know what VIN it is locked too.I orginally had this item posted on ebay for sale and pulled it off after Anniverary PM'ed me about its sale.I sell on ebay with 100% postive feedback so why would I intentionally wreck that reputaion.I know I sold in good conscience a new unopened programmer.I will continue to post but never sell again in this forum.Thats all I have to say and really do not want to continue down this path any further.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have done a lot of business with Anniversary Z, and he has always been extremely honest!! Definitely trustworthy!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

I would like to mention the near to exact words i get from the programmer when i go to use the tune it option: tool has been locked to a different vehicle. I'm pretty sure i did everything correctly up to even making sure to keep my cell phone out of the car.

Rusty
Old 07-27-2005, 08:56 PM

Yeah then its definetly locked, and I checked but I didnt see anywhere to check for the vin. I gurantee Diablo can look it up, so when you send it back ask them. Then the culprit can pay for it lol..
Old 07-27-2005, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

Is there anyway that they locked it at Diablo? I've never ordered a supercharger do they ask for a vin? AnniverseryZ Told the guy he sold it to that he opened it to look at the directions, but he never stated if the package was sealed. Hypertech gives the serial No. it's locked to if it's not returned to stock. I hope it all works out.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

It was sealed but as Sube even said that the plastic sticker doesn't have to be ripped or taken off to unseal the box and can easily be reapplied without damage. I don't want to harm v8juice's reputation if it is an honest mistake, but likewise I don't want to pay money that is because of someone else's screw up. v8juice, why did you get this programmer from ATI when it is because of the SC you got that made you sell it? I'm done pointing fingers and I will stand behind my word that I will cover the charges to reflash it, but would like to see if the VIN can be verified. I have the capabilities to find out who the VIN is registered too.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Launching!

I bought a ATI kit for a my 98,yes a 98 firebird,when the kit shows up it is stamped and has a parts list for a 99 kit.Included in the kit was a brand new sealed up Diablo programmer.They sent me a kit for a 99 which is the same as a 98 except it comes with a guess what,Diablo programmer.The price I paid for the kit from the dealer was about the average going price for any of the ATI kits.So I thought hell Ill just sell it on Ebay and some lucky soul will get a good deal on this programmer for a 99 firebird.They do not make a Diablo programmer for a 98. But I see my that I should have tried to go thru the hassle of returning it.Boy do I wish I had.I swear on a stack of Bibles that I sent a NEW IN BOX Diablo programmer with a Factory UNBROKEN seal to Anniversary.Now you know exactly how you ended up with that new programmer and its entire history including its 15 minutes of fame in this forum.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:42 PM
12 Second Club

Well somebody needs to get on th horn to ATI and let them know they are sending out bunk programmers and if that person is me let me know and I'll be sure to inform them. Because from the info I got from Sube is the programmer is completely worthless cause whoever used it didn't return it to stock so Granetelli can't even reflash it. v8juice, like I've said prior I'm not into bashing your rep, but if you aren't willing to help out in this manner I have nothing better to assume that you knew what you were doing when you sold me that programmer.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Launching!

I will call the dealer that sold it to me,then Ill try ATI, Granitelli if possible ,all actions depend on the response by them ,Ill see if I can find the VIN that has it locked(dealer of the kit is a sponser of this site)This kit was shipped directly from ATI to my doorstep.If the unit needs to be sent back,(gee,thank God I have all my paperwork) an arrangement will have to be made....Thats the best I can do and depending on my luck with their customer service ,it may take a couple of days.But I still do not understand why its locked and why this is happening.I never even opened the box.

Quick Reply: false advertising? (confusion about Predator programmer)