Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Brian Scott of Michigan, AKA Brian1 - Horrible seller! (resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brady
you should have got the matching caps for the price paid. That imperfection in the bore won't hurt anything, realistically.
Brady,

That would be a problem, as he never had main caps for it (matching or not) to begin with ... That didn't stop him from promising me he was going to ship them out 'tomorrow'. I've never met someone that lies this much, ever. It's like it's encoded in his DNA to tell people what they want to hear instead of the truth. Screwing honest folks 'APE Style ™', right Brian?

As far as the defect goes, maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't. In any case, the defect most definitely should have been disclosed up front. There is NO excuse for pawning it off on an unexpecting buyer, and hope they won't care (or in Brian's case, not giving a **** whether the buyer cares or not, as long as the money is in his hot little hands).
Old 03-30-2006, 01:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,174 Likes on 763 Posts

Any updates Brian? You can't leave this guy hanging.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:21 PM
PSJ Wannabe & Attention Whore

John,

What would your solution be ?
Old 03-30-2006, 05:20 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Well, two issues here:

1) No caps

2) Is that pit a major issue

Since the buyer is in Houston, can he go to like LME or HPE and have them look at the block? Seems like that might address the point of what can be done with it.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:32 PM

The last we spoke, he said" **** you and your main caps, i want a refund" I had shawn/valvegod getting me a set. At the same time dennis from michigan was buying the block. I had no idea he backed out. With ed being unable to deal with and him agreeing to sell the block, i washed my hands of it.

As far as the pit, 5 of us up here missed it. I was trying to sell it to local guys that i see and speak with all the time, fraud was not an issue here.

As far as helping a guy that bought an advertised used block for 250 , after a barage of swearing, after trying to trash my name, after calling me a liar and a thief, after threating to come up here and visit me, im not sure how i feel about it.

Ed want a used block that needs no work at all, to be able to drop in a crank , pistons, and rods without any prep , for 250 bucks.
I dont honestly think he will be pleased , no matter what.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Teching In

It's amazing how things work on this bored!!
Apparently if you feel like you were fucked you can just post threats towards people. There's a guy on this board who was banned not 6 months ago for bashing a sponsor and giving people false trader ratings for a bad batch of butt plugs or something. Now that guy is a sponsor and is building PSJ a rear end. Interesting.

I seen the blocks in question here. I never seen any blemishes in the blocks nor did the many other people who looked them over. In fact, if I would have known Brian was letting them go so cheap I would have bought one myself just to have for a future project. Anyone who would pay $250 for an LS1 block and NOT expect it to possibly need maching work is naive, to put it nicely.

I was also there when Brian packaged them up. I never noticed that one of them didn't have caps. I also don't know what else he could have done other than putting them in a crate. Which I'm sure would have increased the shipping costs dramatically. Think the seller would have paid that?? Doubt it. The fact that one broke is nobodys fault other than UPS. They dropped it plain and simple. How many blocks have you ever heard of getting busted being transported back and forth to machine shops etc. all over the country all the time?

As far as a resolution, who knows. Sounds like $250 bucks is a pretty good deal for a LS1 block. Take the caps and get the proper machine work done.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

First, if you are going to quote me, quote me, but don't make up stuff in an effort to make me look bad. Yes, I did curse during our phone dialogue. I believe it was on 3 or 4 separate occasions during a very lengthy conversation, and it was pretty tame considering the position you put me in. The first instance (when I said ‘damn block’) you told me to stop cursing or you’d call me back later. It caught me off-guard and I remember thinking is this guy for real (oh no, I said ‘damn’) or does he just trying to find a way to bail on me. Regardless, everyone has their breaking point, and please don’t forget this heated call was after close to a dozen professional emails from me.

Next, it went a little different then me asking for a ‘******* refund.’ The first time I requested a refund was by email. Nothing offensive, just "I'd like a refund as soon as possible. I'll send your block back." You had promised me the previous week you were sending the main caps out the next day, and I told you to "Call or email me tomorrow after you figure out what's up with the mains caps." Well, you didn’t get back to me that week, so I wrote you the following Monday: "Brian, Never heard back from you - please get back to me today (by phone or email, I don't care, but get back to me)." The following night you sent me this through email: “Shaun at smc thinks he has a set for me.” That was strike 3 – you lied to me again, and the big deal-breaker, I realized you weren’t going to send the mains originally machined on the block.

The 2nd time I asked for a refund was during our phone call, but I’ll get to that in a minute. You seem to have a hard time remembering details, so let me refresh your memory. During the 1st few minutes of our dialog, you objected to me saying ‘damn’, so I did my best to maintain my cool. I told you I was an extremely easy going/patient person that rarely gets upset, but that there was certainly cause in this case. I stated you failed to live up to the most basic expectations (and you agreed). You then said you were working extremely long hours, and had been working 6 days a week for the last few months. I told you that was no excuse, and that you had no business putting items up for sale if you knew you couldn’t properly follow through (and you agreed). I explained at length what I consider admirable business practices, giving examples of how to treat the other party and how I resolved [the very few] problems I’ve in the past. I told you that as a seller, I couldn’t be happy if the buyer felt he was somehow wronged, and would do what it took to make things right - even if I thought the circumstances weren’t my fault. You said you understood and were the same way. This is roughly where the pleasantries end.

I then told you I had a serious problem with a set of mismatched mains, which was already addressed in my previous email to you. Never did I say I expected to get something with zero prep needed or I wanted a ‘cheap’ LS1 (100% your words, not mine). I explicitly told you I was doing a *stock* gen 3 build for my ’67 Corvette as Sunday cruiser, and I DIDN’T want a racecar. I told you OVER AND OVER that my EXACT problem was the added machine work for mismatched caps. Plain and simple. You kept telling me that all I would need is an align hone for the mismatched caps, and that I would need to do this anyway for main studs. I said I wasn’t interested in using ARP main studs, and that I’ve been around long enough to know a mismatched set of mains ISN’T corrected by an align hone, but an align bore. You say why on Earth wouldn’t I want to upgrade to main studs now for future engine mods, and then mention every LS1 block needs an align hone, regardless if studs are used or not [I’m getting frustrated by now, as we’re just going in circles]. I tell you again ALL I want is a reliable Sunday car that my wife and I can drive to church etc., no ARP main studs needed for that, and again I say that it would need an align bore, not align hone, which is NOT acceptable.

This is where the **** is about to hit the fan:

After all of this, you tell me you'll send me the original main caps.

Almost to the fan:

I say wait a damn minute, if you had the original main caps all this time, why did you tell me you were getting a set off another block from ‘Shawn’?

Closer …

Brian: *a few seconds of silence* “umm, what was that?” (Brian’s Brain: Quick! Think Brian, think! Oh @#$!% what do I say! Let’s buy some time and pretend we didn’t catch what he said.)

I repeat the question.

Brian: I mean I’ll send the original main caps or Shawn’s.

SMACK! We have **** to fan impact!

Now I've caught you in another lie, and I’ve had more than I can take at this point. I feel drained, and I just want to get this over with. Already know what kind of guy you are, but I called to settle this, so I might as well hear it from the horse’s mouth.

My attempt at getting a refund:

At this point I said you’ve let me down in every way I can think of, tell you I’m tired of the BS, and that I no longer trust you a single bit. I say I want my money back, and I’ll pay to have it shipped back to you. You then start side stepping the question, and I interrupt and say ‘Brian, are you going to give me the refund or not?’ Again, you start dancing around the question, and I stop you and say ‘Are you screwing me or not, it’s a yes or no question’ (followed by more Brian babble, with me saying ‘yes or no’ at the same time).

Brian: No, I’m not giving you a refund.

Me: Thanks, well at least I know you’re screwing me instead of being led on. You’re going to get bad feedback on the forums whether you ever send the main caps or not, you God damn thief.

Brian: *click* (hangs up)

Fraud is not an issue here? Maybe it is, maybe it’s not. I can’t prove it, although I don’t know a single ‘car guy’ that wouldn't realize a block is missing its main caps, but I guess you and your friend here are just that oblivious to small details like that. With that level of negligence, noticing a 0.1” diameter casting defect is a needle in a hay stack. Unless you say otherwise, you have an obligation to verify the condition of the parts you’re selling. Whether you’re lazy and negligent or trying to pull as fast one makes no difference – you’re still doing people wrong.

Finally, I’ve never threatened you, so don’t try and play that card. There’s an interesting thing that I’ve noticed with the worst of the worst ‘bad’ sellers posted in this section. They are very quick to try and ‘wash their hands’ (where have I heard that before…) of a bad deal, and they consistently use whatever baloney excuse they can to shed responsibility. You know what I mean, right? Example: “So what if the transmission internals are trashed, you took the pan off to inspect it so that automatically means no refund”. Using my post about not wanting your address and then later about me selling the block (even though you knew full well that your friend didn’t buy it, and probably had no intention of buying it) seems to fit the profile pretty well, don’t you think?

BTW, I’m easy to please – just do the right thing and refund my money.

Originally Posted by Brian1
The last we spoke, he said" **** you and your main caps, i want a refund" I had shawn/valvegod getting me a set. At the same time dennis from michigan was buying the block. I had no idea he backed out. With ed being unable to deal with and him agreeing to sell the block, i washed my hands of it.

As far as the pit, 5 of us up here missed it. I was trying to sell it to local guys that i see and speak with all the time, fraud was not an issue here.

As far as helping a guy that bought an advertised used block for 250 , after a barage of swearing, after trying to trash my name, after calling me a liar and a thief, after threating to come up here and visit me, im not sure how i feel about it.

Ed want a used block that needs no work at all, to be able to drop in a crank , pistons, and rods without any prep , for 250 bucks.
I dont honestly think he will be pleased , no matter what.

Last edited by Eddiep; 03-31-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

You sound *exactly* like Brian's buddy on CZ28 ... you know, the one that promised to buy it but cut the tip of his finger and disappeared. You all seem like such a great bunch guys.

I'm surprised none of Brians friends jumped on it. I'm also surprised you didn't know what he was selling it for, you guys being as close as you are. Also, I wonder why those mobs of folks passed it by, being such a good deal and all. Don't worry, you're bound to get another crack at being 'Bri-a-screwed' sooner or later.

Originally Posted by QWKSLVR
It's amazing how things work on this bored!!
Apparently if you feel like you were fucked you can just post threats towards people. There's a guy on this board who was banned not 6 months ago for bashing a sponsor and giving people false trader ratings for a bad batch of butt plugs or something. Now that guy is a sponsor and is building PSJ a rear end. Interesting.

I seen the blocks in question here. I never seen any blemishes in the blocks nor did the many other people who looked them over. In fact, if I would have known Brian was letting them go so cheap I would have bought one myself just to have for a future project. Anyone who would pay $250 for an LS1 block and NOT expect it to possibly need maching work is naive, to put it nicely.

I was also there when Brian packaged them up. I never noticed that one of them didn't have caps. I also don't know what else he could have done other than putting them in a crate. Which I'm sure would have increased the shipping costs dramatically. Think the seller would have paid that?? Doubt it. The fact that one broke is nobodys fault other than UPS. They dropped it plain and simple. How many blocks have you ever heard of getting busted being transported back and forth to machine shops etc. all over the country all the time?

As far as a resolution, who knows. Sounds like $250 bucks is a pretty good deal for a LS1 block. Take the caps and get the proper machine work done.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

If it's agreed that their determination will get this settled, I have absolutely no problem bringing it to either shop for a 3rd party evaluation (or both, for that matter).

Unfortunately there's another issue that needs addressing - where is the line drawn? Throw enough money at it, I'm sure they could do something with it.

Aside from not actually getting ANY main caps, the problem has always been that the mismatched main caps will additional machine work expense over another used LS1 block with its original main caps - the additional expense will probably be close to what I paid for the block. Does this seem fair to you? Hasn't seemed to bother Brian one bit.

Then there is the sleeve defect. GM tossed this block for a reason, but lets say they were just playing it safe and the diagnosis is that it wouldn't 'hurt' anything. Would you want something like this in your car, or can honestly say you wouldn't care if you purchased a block without the seller mentioning it? It's definitely a detractor and it's going to be a turn-off for most.

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Well, two issues here:

1) No caps

2) Is that pit a major issue

Since the buyer is in Houston, can he go to like LME or HPE and have them look at the block? Seems like that might address the point of what can be done with it.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:10 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

If I was involved in this situation, I would be pursuing:
-refund
-take the block to someone and check out the pit, overall block usability
-price out the extra $ for machining the caps

If I kept the block, I would want a partial refund for the extra $ for the main cap work. After all you could have bought one that did not need that work.

I think Brian's approach on this deal has been terrible, he's focusing on your anger, and not getting you your stuff or your money back. That's pretty lousy. I'd be pissed too if I spent a few months waiting for main caps that may or may not be the originals. After all, you want to put the engine in the car already.

Also, Brian is very knowledgeable, and has worked in the performance industry for at least five years that I know of. So you know what main caps are, and he knows that he did not ship them.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:28 PM

John,

He hasnt been waiting months for main caps, as i have stated before, he told me he didnt WANT the main caps.

Second, he was selling the block. If that fell thru and he still wanted the caos all he had to do is contact me.

Third, how would anybody read this:

[QUOTE=Eddiep] I've been offered a Continental buddy pass by one of the Houston club members, which could get me into a lot of trouble. It's a small World, and we'll cross paths sooner or later.

[QUOTE]

Here is what i am willing to do: i can provide main caps. I will not refund the money , or pay for machining. If that is acceptible , i will start the process MONDAY to FIND caps.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

You're right Brian, I haven't been waiting these past 4 months for main caps. I've been waiting for what I paid for, which was a good block, or my money back. You haven't delivered either, you never intended to, and it's apparent you never will.

Again, what I posted was anything but a threat. Definition of a threat for Brian and his buddies
That fact that I said I didn't want to know your address (which you didn't bother to qoute) because I didn't want the trouble it would cause doesn't really fit with the whole 'declaration of intention' to inflict harm part.

As for the 'we'll cross paths eventually part', hey, you can read into that whatever you want. You've got nothing to worry about, right? It's not like you stole $310 from me. When I wrote that, I probably just had long walks on the beach with my good friend Brian in mind.

Looks like I've got a choice between being 100% screwed and 99% screwed. Ok Brian, send them then. I'll remain completely unsatisfied with out transaction, but you've made it clear you aren't going to make things right, so no use in pressing it further.

Mods, any chance this thread can get a sticky? I think both parties have said all that needed to be said, but it might be a good reference for anyone thinking about entering into a transaction with Brian Scott. At the very least, keep it stickied until the caps come in.

[QUOTE=Brian1]John,

He hasnt been waiting months for main caps, as i have stated before, he told me he didnt WANT the main caps.

Second, he was selling the block. If that fell thru and he still wanted the caos all he had to do is contact me.

Third, how would anybody read this:

[QUOTE=Eddiep] I've been offered a Continental buddy pass by one of the Houston club members, which could get me into a lot of trouble. It's a small World, and we'll cross paths sooner or later.

Here is what i am willing to do: i can provide main caps. I will not refund the money , or pay for machining. If that is acceptible , i will start the process MONDAY to FIND caps.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

You should send the guy the caps, since it's not a complete transaction until you do. And I would think this is obvious since you have been a car guy for 20 years.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:16 PM

Done deal. I will find caps starting monday. I will see if shaun still has caps.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:05 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I'll ask around to see if anyone around here has caps, I'll send 'em if I can find a set.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Keep this thread on track or its going to get locked, period. The only issue at hand is between Eddiep and Brian1, nobody else needs to be posting in this thread outside of Staff members unless you are DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN THE SITUATION - NOT JUST THE THREAD. Damn guys, not hard to understand. Bunch of freakin keyboard cowboys in here.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Launching!

I Was The One That Receive The Broken Lsx Block. As Far As Me, I Dont Have Any Problem With Brian. I Got My Money Back. There Was Never Any Cursing Here.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Daniel,

Man, that's great everything is settled with your transaction (and it only took just shy of 4 months). I didn't like your odds after everything else that had happened, but at least he owned up to the problem in your case.

As for the cursing, you're a better man than me. Although to be fair, he didn't stonewall your request for a refund.

Originally Posted by TA BOY
I Was The One That Receive The Broken Lsx Block. As Far As Me, I Dont Have Any Problem With Brian. I Got My Money Back. There Was Never Any Cursing Here.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Eddiep
Daniel,

Man, that's great everything is settled with your transaction (and it only took just shy of 4 months). I didn't like your odds after everything else that had happened, but at least he owned up to the problem in your case.

As for the cursing, you're a better man than me. Although to be fair, he didn't stonewall your request for a refund.

You just dont know when to stop do you? Being from Texas i thought you would be gentelman enough to be a stand up guy after we came to a conclusion . But you just cant turn it off can you?

I located caps, I BELIVE the damaged block that Daniel sent back has them. And guess what ? Im probley going to throw them in the trash and tell you to **** off. Theres some swearing back at you.

I have hung back while you tried to spin doctor the truth to your liking. I did ship the block late and i made the mistake of not sending the caps. I am sorry. But there is one thing you cannot spin doctor : the fact that your a foul mouth individual who cannot seperate buisness from a personal attack.

I cannot help it if 99.9 percent of the world knows that a usable block will STILL have to be sent to a machine shop to be RUN. Even bubba down in san antonio has to send his 305 chevy to be machined in order to run in the smash up derby .

I know your pretty dim when it comes to cars but MOST of the blocks from SMC and other sources are QC defects that are still usable for what we do with them. Why do you think a block from GM is a grand? Or a fully machined USED block is 1200 ? You better wise up before you think you can retro fit an ls1 into a 67 vette and think its going to be cheap and easy. You would be farther ahead if you sold that ls1 and got a treefiddy chebby out of a pickup that still runs.

Everyone that read this told me i should just tell you to pound sand but i figured you could man up and stay off the keyboard . So here it is :

POUND SAND.

I dont care if this makes me look like the biggest a-hole on the internet but you had your chance and you blew it.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Brian breaks another promise? Didn't see this one coming ...

I know you don't care - that's been the problem from the start. If you did, we wouldn't be here right now, and I wouldn't have a worthless block without main caps that you never owned.

You were 'late' shipping his block? 'Late' is a week, not 8. You had him go through the trouble of shipping it back to you why? Oh, wait, forgot who I was talking to ... no doubt we'll see it in the for-sale section soon.

And what's this about me having a chance and blowing it? From the moment I paid you, I never had a chance in this deal.

BTW, for someone that parades to everyone about how much cursing offends them, you seem to have so little problem doing it yourself.

Originally Posted by Brian1
You just dont know when to stop do you? Being from Texas i thought you would be gentelman enough to be a stand up guy after we came to a conclusion . But you just cant turn it off can you?

I located caps, I BELIVE the damaged block that Daniel sent back has them. And guess what ? Im probley going to throw them in the trash and tell you to **** off. Theres some swearing back at you.

I have hung back while you tried to spin doctor the truth to your liking. I did ship the block late and i made the mistake of not sending the caps. I am sorry. But there is one thing you cannot spin doctor : the fact that your a foul mouth individual who cannot seperate buisness from a personal attack.

I cannot help it if 99.9 percent of the world knows that a usable block will STILL have to be sent to a machine shop to be RUN. Even bubba down in san antonio has to send his 305 chevy to be machined in order to run in the smash up derby .

I know your pretty dim when it comes to cars but MOST of the blocks from SMC and other sources are QC defects that are still usable for what we do with them. Why do you think a block from GM is a grand? Or a fully machined USED block is 1200 ? You better wise up before you think you can retro fit an ls1 into a 67 vette and think its going to be cheap and easy. You would be farther ahead if you sold that ls1 and got a treefiddy chebby out of a pickup that still runs.

Everyone that read this told me i should just tell you to pound sand but i figured you could man up and stay off the keyboard . So here it is :

POUND SAND.

I dont care if this makes me look like the biggest a-hole on the internet but you had your chance and you blew it.

Quick Reply: Brian Scott of Michigan, AKA Brian1 - Horrible seller! (resolved)