Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

stiffed by a moderator - pyskoz28/dustin (Resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None of this would have happened if you had sent them out to begin with, you know, when you cashed his $200 money order? You didn't have money right then? All these excuses don't explain why you didn't send the parts using the money he paid you
Old 07-17-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After reading 3 pages of this crap, It makes me want to refund our guy myself.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by z_driver1
has no one noticed check 7077 and the 7077 REVERSAL right after it? what's that all about?
To the original poster, did you receive check number 7077?

07/17/06

REVERSAL - CHECK # 7077

07/17/06

TELLER CASHED CHECK # 7077
Old 07-18-2006, 01:48 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
To the original poster, did you receive check number 7077?
I worked at a bank and normally that is teller error where they hit the wrong transaction to take place and they reverse it out before they bundle there work to be sent out and be processed.

I know they will take care of the guy.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have recieved checks with no money in accounts and they did not stamp. they just said theres not enough money in the account. so i went back a week later and magically it was there. i hope you get your money back. i think the way Dustin over reacted was maybe a sign he's a little stressed and doesnt have time for the site. i think admin did what they felt was best. i think most of us agree.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

I don't understand the need for 1bad71 to send back the origional check, that's an inconvenience to him, if the bank will even give it to him. If Dustins dad knows for a fact the money hasn't come out of the account..cancel the check and send the man a money order. Why would the guy hold onto a check for his money when that's what he's been wanting, doesn't make sense, obvioulsy something was wrong and the check didn't clear whatever the problem was.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Daniel_z28
I don't understand the need for 1bad71 to send back the origional check, that's an inconvenience to him, if the bank will even give it to him. If Dustins dad knows for a fact the money hasn't come out of the account..cancel the check and send the man a money order. Why would the guy hold onto a check for his money when that's what he's been wanting, doesn't make sense, obvioulsy something was wrong and the check didn't clear whatever the problem was.
I was just going to type the same thing after reading this long *** thread. Jesus Dustin, cancel the goddamn check. Your bank knows if it was cashed or not Send him a money order.
And I agree, did you ever even really have the springs you sold? Why were they not shipped when you received the money? I was ripped off $500 on this site by a bad seller. So yes, I AM CALLING YOU A SCAMMER.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the original poster still has the check, why dont you call the bank and verify funds?

Have your bank do it, once you verify the funds, then you're bank should give you credit for it, it should post to your account within a day. If the funds arent there, send the check back to them and let them send you a money order.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

if there are no funds, just have them cancel the check. Do not send it back. He already owes you money, you should not have to spend ANYMORE money from your pocket including 0.35 cent for a stamp for his stupidity.

Last edited by JakeROFL; 07-18-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JakeROFL
if there are no funds, just have them cancel the check. Do not send it back.
Exactly, cancel the check & send a money order. You would think that Dustin & his brother would want to get this cleared up asap, but instead they get angry and are playing hard to get along with(so it looks anyway) by overreacting angrily. I work in collections(unfortunately) and this is a pretty common reaction when someone doesnt have the money to pay up. I dont think scammer is the correct title just yet, but it is looking that way.

Where is 1bad71? What is the check#? Have you called his bank to verify funds?

Ryan
Old 07-18-2006, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

Wow, look at the hate mail I recieved in my email box from Dustin:

Dustin Jeane <meanjeanez28@yahoo.com> to me
Hide options 7:28 pm(19 minutes ago)

From: Dustin Jeane <meanjeanez28@yahoo.com> Signed-By: yahoo.com | Mailed-By: yahoo.com

To: JakeROFL@gmail.com
Date: Jul 18, 2006 7:28 PM
Subject: ...
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?

Holy **** I swear I wished you were near me. I would ******* wreck you, you goddamn ******. You deserve to have your punkass whooped! You should think about Aspen this winter...its right up the road from me and I wouldnt mind kicking you off of a cliff you bitch. Have a merry christmas!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rjeane
Do you know how poor he was!?!?!? He quit his job at Christmas of all times and had two checks coming to him, a regular check and a severance check, that is what he was gonna refund the guy with, his company sent him nothing. He still never got either check, they still have them and said they wouldnt release them to him. The big bastard was forced to live off of me and our roommate till he found a job, which wasnt till recently. The guy has been through alot of **** and just when he gets a chance to correct the wrongs he has created one of them backfires and causes him to lose something and have his name thrown out as a scammer. The guy is out in the desert with no phone service or computers for 3 weeks out of the month, and the one week he might get off he is so busy with **** he doesnt even have time to do a damn thing. Overreacting you say, I think he should be even more angry about the situation. And why didnt the guy call him when the check bounced!?!? I watched Dustin personally write and put a letter in the envelope with the check saying "call this number if you have any problems". Did he? NO! He immaturely made another post making Dustin look even worse. If you dont ******* know then dont comment. I see you guys telling Dustin to "pay up", thats crap, the guy has tried to pay, he did what he could to resolve the situation and even went beyond by offering extra money and it just gets thrown back in his face. I am sure 1bad71 if you would have called him like he told you he could have western union'ed you the money, not caring about the extra money it costs to do it. My bro is a good guy and does anything he can for anyone within his means. Tony I know I am new to the site and dont know you but whether you stuck up for him or not my bro has represented you and tech at meets, on other forums...hell anywhere and everywhere backing everything up and being loyal, like a good mod/member should do, and this is what he gets. I say ban him for good. You dont deserve to have him as a member. And for every member on this site that he has fixed your cars for free, installed parts for free, stayed up till the next day working on your cars for free....you know him, you know who he is, remember him that way and not the way these people are making him out to be. And Tony stop saying you know him personally because obviously you dont know him at all!

sounds like you need to step out of the box for a second, your letting your feelings get in the way, this has nothing to do with friends its buisness. sounds like tony went to bat for him a few times and the guy kept letting him down, so when is enough enough? why dont you stop and think if you were in his shoes if you were in a buisness and your friends came to your buisness and ran customers off or gave your buisness a bad name would you still take their side? i think seven months is long enough to correct a wrong, im not sure what happend in regards to him getting what he bought but he recieved the money so he should have sent the part, if he didnt have the part and still spent the money that is stealing doesnt matter what state you live in, the rest of you guys are giving tony a hard time because you know the guy but if it was someone else on the board you would be on the bandwagon,
just my 2 cents
Old 07-18-2006, 07:10 PM
11 Second Club

jake, FYI, stamps are now .39 cents LOL, or should i say ROFL
Old 07-18-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rjeane
Also he quit his job thinking he was getting a check a few days after he recieved payment for the springs so he was going to ship them ups ground that way the guy was waiting so long, no check game....thats when the problems started. This would have never happened if those ******* paid him like they should have, he basically worked 2 weeks free, tell me that wouldnt **** you off.
hell you can get enough from the plasma bank to ship springs, or he could have sold something of his car that he didnt need, maybe a bounced a check to ups there are plenty of options
Old 07-18-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cgworth
hell you can get enough from the plasma bank to ship springs, or he could have sold something of his car that he didnt need, maybe a bounced a check to ups there are plenty of options
heck, he could have used the money the kid paid him
Old 07-18-2006, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Havok2
jake, FYI, stamps are now .39 cents LOL, or should i say ROFL
lol...you can tell how much I snail mail...
Old 07-18-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put a stop payment on the check->deduct the stop payment fee from the excess reimbursement->send him a USPS money order for the remainder->end the drama
Old 07-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Banned

ok! let's clear this up. i recived the check in the mail mon the 10th, so on tue the 11th i went to (wells fargo) and ask them to verify the check before i deposited in my bank. they said that the funds were insufficent and they would not except the check anyways because the amount had been altered from $200 to $300 and initialed by "i belive his dad"? so i decided to wait till friday to see if ? and give dustin the benefit of the doubt! and they still said "insufficent funds". they said the same thing on sat.
so if theres a problem with the bank ? thats not my fault and i can't make them take the check!

also since our shop closes for the week of 4th of july (july 1 to july 10th) when we get back, we are extremly busy and i have to work from 5.30am till 5.+ pm all week long. so getting to the bank before work (not) or after work (with some luck) is a chore. so it is easier to wait till the weekend to see if the funds are avaliable, before depositing the check in the bank. thus saving the hassle of a returned check and "check fees".

i also believe that i sent a money order for the parts and asked for one for the refund! not a personal check! also since money orders are "free" at the bank you use, why not send one to save any hassles? i think i have been very patient and given "every" chance for dustin to take care of this without coming on here and getting irate and m-fn him. i have just stated the facts to get some help in getting this matter resolved!!

as of today 6pm the bank said the funds are now avalible "yet" they (wells fargo) will not cash it because of the altered check. so i will deposit the check tomorrow in my account to see if they might just look past it and deposit it anyways? then (wells fargo) might just send it back anyways? 50/50 chance. i will post up if all goes well.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well good luck. losing money sucks, feeling like a victim is worse
Old 07-18-2006, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bad71
ok! let's clear this up. i recived the check in the mail mon the 10th, so on tue the 11th i went to (wells fargo) and ask them to verify the check before i deposited in my bank. they said that the funds were insufficent and they would not except the check anyways because the amount had been altered from $200 to $300 and initialed by "i belive his dad"? so i decided to wait till friday to see if ? and give dustin the benefit of the doubt! and they still said "insufficent funds". they said the same thing on sat.
so if theres a problem with the bank ? thats not my fault and i can't make them take the check!

also since our shop closes for the week of 4th of july (july 1 to july 10th) when we get back, we are extremly busy and i have to work from 5.30am till 5.+ pm all week long. so getting to the bank before work (not) or after work (with some luck) is a chore. so it is easier to wait till the weekend to see if the funds are avaliable, before depositing the check in the bank. thus saving the hassle of a returned check and "check fees".

i also believe that i sent a money order for the parts and asked for one for the refund! not a personal check! also since money orders are "free" at the bank you use, why not send one to save any hassles? i think i have been very patient and given "every" chance for dustin to take care of this without coming on here and getting irate and m-fn him. i have just stated the facts to get some help in getting this matter resolved!!

as of today 6pm the bank said the funds are now avalible "yet" they (wells fargo) will not cash it because of the altered check. so i will deposit the check tomorrow in my account to see if they might just look past it and deposit it anyways? then (wells fargo) might just send it back anyways? 50/50 chance. i will post up if all goes well.
Ok, if you would not like to deposit the check let me know and a money order can be sent to you priority tomorrow, you just have to let me know tonight or early in the morning. I have pmed you my phone number....I found a hill out here where I can get service, kinda staticky but I can talk, if I dont answer its probably because I am working but I can still take care of a money order tomorrow. Just please let me know if you plan on depositing it or not.

Quick Reply: stiffed by a moderator - pyskoz28/dustin (Resolved)