Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

problems with grandprix (aka malibu350) (Resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up grandprix... great seller!

After having a terrible experience with another member while trying to purchase a center console, I was a little hesitant to try to find another console, but Jeff... aka grandprix, provided me with a center console that is in excellent condition. He also included the mounting hardware and front mounting bracket. He even shipped it 2nd day air via UPS when he couldn't get it out as he originally planned (he really didn't have to ship it 2nd day air). So feel secure when dealing with Jeff... aka grandprix.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down I changed my opinion about grandprix (aka malibu350) as he has shown his true colors.

I posted that I needed a 6 speed center console in the parts wanted section and he replied to me that he had one. I sent a paypal payment and he sent one to me. He e-mailed me stating that he couldn't get it out the day that he originally planned and he stated that he sent it UPS 2 day air. I got the console and it was in nice condition. It was missing the shifter boot and the pigtail harnesses for the cig and 2nd power outlet (this was discussed earlier that I needed the boot and harnesses). He said that he was sorry and would send them asap. That was weeks ago. I e-mailed him several times and he finally responded...
"Mitch.....I do apologize about not getting this stuff out...I'm trying toship it out for a Saturday delivery to you over nite...but I only have yourwork addy...and I'm sure that isn't a good place to be delivered to onSaturday. E-mail me at jeff@probodyology.com or call me before 9:00pmtonite so I can get it out to you. I need it by 9:00 that way I can make it to the airport in time to get it out. I do apologize again...I'm just trying to make it right. 210-373-0069 or 210-568-7609
Jeff"

I e-mailed him and called him and needless to say, I didn't get a response. Needless to say, I didn't get the package. I kept e-mailing and finally got a repsonse from his wife (tamatha@probodyology.com) saying that Jeff was out of town and that she would ship them out and send me the tracking number. Once again, no tracking number, no package. I e-mailed them both... no response. Today, I called them 4 times and left 4 voicemails. E-mailed them today as well... no response. This has been going on for several weeks. WTF is wrong with people?

This was a post from a moderator a little while ago and I even stuck up for him.
Sponsor's opinion

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
Both have 2 intake manifolds for sale. Both tell me to send the paypal to the same place, tamatha@probodyology.com but when I ask for a references or their info they avoid the questions.

I also checked grandprix's last posts and he/she (yes his name is jon but its also tamatha?) seems to have a bunch of stuff people are looking to buy.

I checked out the paypal information and it is a non-verified personal account, which means paypal won't insure your payments and once they have the money you can't do anything.

I could be wrong but it seems very very fishy so anyone purchasing from them watch out.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:12 PM

Sorry it turned out that way. I actually talked with him about it and after he quit responding we never went through with the deal. About a week after that he said he is sending them Priority Mail and to send him a check after I get them, that was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard a word since. Good luck though!
Old 08-02-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
Sorry it turned out that way. I actually talked with him about it and after he quit responding we never went through with the deal. About a week after that he said he is sending them Priority Mail and to send him a check after I get them, that was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard a word since. Good luck though!
The Priority Mail line sounds familiar. I called him this afternoon and he answered the phone and hung up. I called back and got his voice mail.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

Dam Mitch you are just having no luck on your console hunt.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Resident

Exclamation

Originally Posted by robsls1
Dam Mitch you are just having no luck on your console hunt.
Looks like this guy called me at 6:35 this morning. I didn't answer the phone as I was still sleeping. Needless to say he did not leave a message. I guess it's back to e-mailing and calling him today.

This is a lot of effort just to have more cup holders and a power source, huh?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Default E-mail from his wife today...

I called both of his numbers today and left messages... still no return call. I also e-mailed both him and his wife. She responded...

I KNOW YOU ARE FURIOUS- I WOULD BE TOO; BUT JEFF IS OUT OF TOWN- AND HE CANT HAVE HIS PHONE IN THE HIGH SECURITY AREAS HE IS IN; (I AM ON THE PHONE WITH UPS; MY OFFICE(THE COMPANY I WORK FOR) HAD A PROBLEM WITH OUR ACCOUNT; SO THE PACKAGE WAS HELD AT THE CALL CENTER/ SHIPPING CENTER; I AM RESOLVING IT NOW; I HAD NO IDEA OTHER THAN YOU SAYING YOU STILL HADNT RECEIVED IT; I AM FIXING THIS; SORRY. IT WILL BE FIXED TODAY;

My response...
Just please make this right.

Mitch
Old 08-04-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

Called several times again... left messages. E-mailed again. No response. Feel free to contact them for me with the contact information above. Make sure to tell them that they are both scum bags.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down Finally got the missing parts from grandprix (aka malibu350).

Gee... it's almost been a month that I have been waiting for a shifter boot and 2 pig tail harness that were to come with the center console that I bought. After weeks for e-mailing and calling and leaving messages, I finally got the parts today. He sent Saturday delivery via USPS and it cost him $19. Anyway... I was going to buy something else from him, but I'll just get it from another source.

My advice to you... don't waste your time with this guy.

Quick Reply: problems with grandprix (aka malibu350) (Resolved)