Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Paging Tru_Ice....I am still waiting for the AFR Flowsheet!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006 | 07:26 PM
Banned

Why did you advertise them for sale with the heads?

I called TSP last week for flow sheets for my heads. They told me that Jason's laptop got wet and there went the data.

I have heads coming from them shipping tonight. I'll be interesting to see if I get flow sheets.
Old 09-26-2006 | 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Layn_Low_247
Here we go again.....

I called this morning, and got the "Jason's on the dyno, can I take a message line?". I left a message, and called back this after noon, but the line was busy. I'll try again tomorrow.

But come to think of it, I didn't even get my flow sheet when the heads came in.
LOL! Sounds about like how my phone calls have gone with them.... I appreciate the follow-up, Rey.
Old 09-27-2006 | 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Why did you advertise them for sale with the heads?

I called TSP last week for flow sheets for my heads. They told me that Jason's laptop got wet and there went the data.

I have heads coming from them shipping tonight. I'll be interesting to see if I get flow sheets.
B/c they were suppose to come w/ the heads. I was selling them, while they were in transit to try to minimize the credit card charges.

Sorry about that RedHawk, I'll try again tomorrow tho......
Old 09-27-2006 | 07:01 AM
Banned

OH, that explains it. Well best of luck, I never had any success with them and my new ones are in transit from them.
Old 10-09-2006 | 08:05 AM
Staging Lane

Wow thats along wait for a flow sheet.. F*ck it, let the seller drive and get it.. reguard the distance.. LOL
Old 10-09-2006 | 08:39 AM
12 Second Club

Looks like this is 2 separate issues:
Seller trying to get the flowsheet for the buyer, well, shouldn't have advertised if you didn't have it, but hey, sounds like you're trying pretty hard.

Other issue concerns me more... TSP sounds like a place I would be wary of for customer service, and perhaps also for quality of product.
Old 10-09-2006 | 11:41 AM
Banned

TSP treats me well.
Honestly IMO this issue is pointless.
I FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT FLOW SHEETS WERE PROMISED AND YOU DISERVE THEM, however the 205 AFR's flow almost exactly the same whether you buy them from TSP/Ebay/ or AFR themselves.
This is one of the main benifits. In the future if you do sell the heads everyone knows the quality of the AFR's and geting the flow numbers is simple. Just email AFR, do a search, or call AFR.
Between the heads they sell and the one's you have the numbers will be nearly identical. The flow bench will be further off from one bench to the next then one casting to the next. Also remember that when a head gets flowed they flow 1 intake port and 1 exhaust port. If you flow all 4 intake and exhaust ports you can really see how consistant each head is. I would just look at what AFR advertises and assume that is what your heads flow, within 1-2%.

Again, I do realise your are looking for something promised, but do feel that the flow sheet (for this paticular brand of heads) are something not needed as the flow numbers are everywhere.
And why worry about what they flow at TSP when AFR makes the heads and flows then on their bench?

Good luck geting the flow sheet, and enjoy a quality head.

Last edited by JZ'sTA; 10-09-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-09-2006 | 11:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
TSP has problems with flow sheets. Personaly I dont think they flow each head they produce. I thought he never got them from TSP in the first place but he had posted this:
actual and advertised
.300 - 207 ------ 200
.400 - 253 ------ 251
.500 - 287 ------ 281
.600 - 298 ------ 298

Good luck with getting $100 refund. The flow sheet in no way effects the performance of the heads but I can understand wanting to get something you were promised.

Another thing all flow benches dont flow the same numbers. TSP could flow them and then you could have them done independently and come up with different results.

If your putting this emphasis on flow numbers because your going to have a custom cam ground I would get them flowed anyway to verify what they really flow. You cold get a flow chart from TSP and who's to say its accurate.
If its that important for you to know specifics then you would have them flowed no matter what the previous owner had for a flow chart.

AT least I would if flow numbers were that important to me.

This is also something that should be addressed. I understand what you are saying about flow number and grinding a cam based on flow numbers, however simple head flow sheets don't work. Remember that siting on top of a set of heads is a intake manifold that will hurt how the head flows.
If your trying to do a custom grind cam based on flow numbers, then you need to have the heads flowed through the manifold your using and with a header style pipe to gring the cam the most accurately.
Anyways I understand what your saying just wanted to add to it a little.

Quick Reply: Paging Tru_Ice....I am still waiting for the AFR Flowsheet!