Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

issues with car bought from Warbird (resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paul Morris(Warbird) is NO GOOD

I hate to do this.. But I'm left with nothing else. Many of you do know that I recently bought a 1998 Turbo Formula WS6 from Paul Morris(aka Warbird) in Canada. I drove it all the way back to South Carolina. Drove it around a week or so on the street. I couldn't even abuse it yet because there was a fuel cutout issue(not enough pump to feed the car) that was going to get fixed the week the tranny went out. Now the car was supposed to have a "built" transmission to handle all the power the car would put out. The car was driven like a damn Volvo because of the fuel cutout and the tranny went out on me while cruising on the highway in 6th gear. I contacted Paul about this, and he just didn't want to respond. Not suprising. He finally responded.. But did not want to be cooperative. I just spent a lot of money on this car and it's already going to **** on me. The transmission must be rebuilt and it won't be cheap. Not at all!! I did not get what i was told I was getting. On top of that we had discussed a warranty of some sort.. None of which he wants to honor.

Here is some quotes from Paul

"I am more than happy to work out some warranty agreement with you for street use of the car. What I would like to do is get some local break-in miles on the car and beat on it a bit to ensure everything gets tuned and broken in correctly. As you are probably aware, any major failure would happen quickly with a new setup like this and would be covered before you even took the car south.

I want you to be happy with the car and get enjoyment out of it. It's a big investment and I don't want you taking it and breaking it right away. I want you to see it soon but don't be too anxious to take it away unless everything is up to your satisfaction. Once you get it to SC it's a pain to bring all the back up. Lets discuss what we can do to make you and me comfortable and happy with the deal."

"**** happens and I'll make sure the chances of that are small I want you to be able to enjoy it without worry street or track.

You just have to make sure it is well treated with regular oil changes and good maintenance. I'll make sure it gets into your hands in top notch condition"

On top of this I had to fly to Canada TWICE!! i was supposed to come to Canada once and drive the car down. But Paul kept BSing me.. The car was not ready when he said it would be.. Causing me a wasted trip!! And a 30hr greyhound busride home.

here is the message I recieved from Paul on June 6th.. Rigth before my FIRST trip to Canada..

"If I can get some miles on the car over the weekend I can maybe get it finish tuned for Wednesday and you can take it home. We should talk about the schedule a little bit and decide what to do".

Needless to say.. it wasn't finished. The Guys at Autoworx were GREAT to me. They built the car.. And I in NO WAY hold them responsible. I should have been talking to them instead of Paul who had NO clue what was going on. Wade, Pete, and all the other guys showed me Awesome hospitality and were the highlight of the trip. Autoworx did not build the tranny. Paul used a different guy than Wade uses. And there is a reason for that.

Now I'm stuck with a nice looking lawn ornamant. After all the unexpected expenses I just shiuld have gotten a new ZO6! Just a forwarning.. Paul Morris is a "slick" business man. What goes around comes around Paul
Old 08-08-2006, 12:30 AM
11 Second Club

wow. the actual post?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Justin, when you make a complaint perhaps you should make sure all the facts are properly addressed. I guess you simply expected me to ignore this post.

First, the transmission was indeed rebuilt by the very shop you are defending, I had nothing to do with it, they sent it out, they handled it and they installed it. When you broke it, it had 600 break in miles on it, lot’s of dyno tuning and an additional 1,400 miles when you drove it home, I’d say she held up pretty well. I have no idea what happened and you never explained it in any detail. Were you showing off given the below, I don't know what to believe from you. All I know is that lugging a motor like that at 50 mph in sixth gear loads up the driveline pretty heavily and one blip of the throttle can cause all sorts of problems when the turbo spools. I know I explained to you in detail the nature of the car and driving it. You bought a car that was far from stock.

I have no need or desire to drag this out, as far as I am concerned after this post, the issue is dead. I am not about to dredge up the whole email trail, I have it is well, and know what was said. The only reason you posted this was because I simply got my agreed to price, by being smart and dealing with this in a straight forward manner...........legally, as a deal that went south.

I am guessing Justin that an abject lesson in business is in order here.

You forgot to mention that you bounced your check for $25,000 to pay for the car, screwed me around, held me over a barrel and started dictating terms on how you were going to pay me, all the while you are in a different country and 1,400 miles away. You refused to wire me the funds or even certify the replacement check. While you cry about your broken transmission, you might want to think of the costs and problems I incurred suddenly losing $25,000 out of my account, it’s fortunate for me that I have resources and can absorb the loss for a month. Now that you were in control (or thought you were) you arbitrarily decide you are going to pay me $20,000 for the car yet post it for sale for $32,000, nice little $12,000 profit for a months work having paid nothing at this point. I now had limited choices, sue you for the money, send a collection agency to recover it or the third option……………………….. be smart about it. I could have spent thousands trying the first two options or take the third and be a “smart” not “slick” businessman.

Since you had now bounced your check and pulled this stunt on me, any chance of me helping you out went out the window with that little stunt I can only assume you found it funny judging by the tone of your emails. Fact is I would have done something for you had you given me more info and been honest about the whole thing. Who is the dishonest person here??????

I was dumb for letting you take the car without cash in hand, I shouldn’t have trusted you or your ethics. Oh well lesson learned. I think you need to grow up a little and be relieved that I didn't screw up your credit rating or worse by taking further action. The company that I work for was fully prepared to take the first two options on my behalf and they have a long reach. Be happy for that part of it

Enjoy the car, and learn to take responsibility for you own actions. Our business is concluded now.

Paul

Last edited by Warbird; 08-08-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:48 AM
FormerVendor

I don't think you can blame Paul here, he didn't build the car... I'm sure that Paul didn't pick the tranny place, rather the shop he deals with picked the place for the tranny. I would think you have a waranty with autoworks. Sorry to hear this happen !
Old 08-08-2006, 08:56 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,207 Likes on 773 Posts

Paul had shops doing the wrenching, you can contact them.

Not cool to bounce a check, that would upset me bigtime.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John

I did not bounce a check. I used Capital One.. And it was a damn mess trying to get eveything right with a Canadian title. They acted like they'd never seen one before. But Paul got his money, and I got a project.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John

Damn straight. I have known Paul for many years. He is straight up and a good guy.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:07 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

So give us more detail on what happened with the transmission, paint a picture.

Again, Paul is a stand-up guy, and he's put a lot of money into that car over the years.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:10 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Sounds like you should have bought a stock vehicle. You bought a heavily modified vehicle and are bitching because there isn't a warranty? "AS-IS, No Warranty" on used vehicle purchases, anyone knows that. The fact that the car got you home on a 1400 mile trips shows that it was streetable/drivable when you bought it.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Sounds like you should have bought a stock vehicle. You bought a heavily modified vehicle and are bitching because there isn't a warranty? "AS-IS, No Warranty" on used vehicle purchases, anyone knows that. The fact that the car got you home on a 1400 mile trips shows that it was streetable/drivable when you bought it.
the mans got a poinit here. ifi its was mechanically fir it would of

made that trip. mechanical failures can happen at anytime. thats

what sux about buying any used vehicle . the seller doesnt owe

you anything. welcome to the world of modding cars..
Old 08-08-2006, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

FormulaFire,

Sorry to hear that the car had problems, but you are playing in a whole new league as far as car ownership goes. This is a street car set on kill. In the transmission all it takes is one small part to snap and thats it. For the short time that the car could be driven and tested it proved to be fine. So I have no idea why you would blame Warbird. Hardly fair IMO.

I met you and had lunch with you in Toronto, but I have known Warbird for several years and he is an honest guy.

You got a steal on a very expensive car, the people willing to own a car like this are limited due to the highly modified state it is in. That is because they know the risks associated with it.

I hope you keep the car and get to enjoy it as I wish Warbird had gotten a chance too. If I had the money I would take it off your hands in a heart beat.
It would look great along side my 99.

Rampant
Old 08-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Launching!

I've known Paul for almost 7 years and he is a stand-up guy. I'd still love to know what your doing in 6th gear at 50MPH for with a car that makes that kind of power. I was thinking about buying the car myself and wouldn't have thought twice about replacing something that broke after 2000miles. This is what happens when you have a car that produces the amount of power that this one does. Welcome to the world of modified cars. **** happens. Sounds to me like you were looking for a stock car with warranty. The car is amazing and you couldn't replace it for 1/2 of what you paid.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:47 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FormulaFire
Needless to say.. it wasn't finished. The Guys at Autoworx were GREAT to me. They built the car.. And I in NO WAY hold them responsible. I should have been talking to them instead of Paul who had NO clue what was going on. Wade, Pete, and all the other guys showed me Awesome hospitality and were the highlight of the trip. Autoworx did not build the tranny. Paul used a different guy than Wade uses. And there is a reason for that.
It doesn't matter what wade uses, its who autoworks used for Paul buildup last year at the time. Maybe you should call up Wade & pete and see how great they are now since its a legit warranty claim IMO, 2000 miles under 5000rpms (b/c the car wont rev past that) for a new tranny and broke??? Doesn't make sense.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

I am man enough to own up.. I apologize for this.. This should have never been posted. There has just been a lot of other stuff going on the past weeks unrelated to this and I let it out on Paul and on here.. Only place I can bitch. I apoligize to Paul. And everyone on here. **** happens, like tranny's breaking.. There will be a better tranny in its place. No harm done. Just have to wait a while. BUT I am confused as how the tranny broke as well.. That's what gets me. This thing has SEEN NO abuse. Couldn't get above 5,000rpms.. I drove it like a grandma and never had a chance to put the fuel system in yet.. idk. I'm assuming the tranny was built to handle abuse. ohh well. Better off to fix it now I guess.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

Default FormuleFire is a bitch

To everyone that read my thread earlier...

I am man enough to own up.. I apologize for this.. This should have never been posted. There has just been a lot of other stuff going on the past weeks unrelated to this and I let it out on Paul and on here.. Only place I can bitch. I apoligize to Paul. And everyone on here. **** happens, like tranny's breaking.. There will be a better tranny in its place. No harm done. Just have to wait a while. BUT I am confused as how the tranny broke as well.. That's what gets me. This thing has SEEN NO abuse. Couldn't get above 5,000rpms.. I drove it like a grandma and never had a chance to put the fuel system in yet.. idk. I'm assuming the tranny was built to handle abuse. ohh well. Better off to fix it now I guess.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Fair enough, let us know if we can help in any way.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice thread title.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Nice thread title.
I try

Quick Reply: issues with car bought from Warbird (resolved)