Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Avoid drkbluls1

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Avoid drkbluls1

I figured I'd caution you all to this spineless jerkoff.

This involves a sale of a 71 Camaro from him (Josh Boito of Maricopa AZ), to me. It occured on another forum, but this is the same person, and dishonesty does not change board to board.

Several months ago he posted a 71 Camaro on AZFBA. He needed it out as he was moving, so I took the car, and we agreed that we'd trade the title for the cash after he moved and "found" the supposedly clear AZ title he had.

About two months go by, and I figured he should be moved in by then. I try calling him and finally one time I get him. He acts nice and all, saying he'll have it for me later, and to call him back.

I give him a few more weeks, since I wasn't going to build the car at the moment. I think it was May, or maybe June that I started to get ahold of him again. I try him for weeks, daily. I never get through and one day I tried him off the work phone, and surprise, he picks up!!! I barely say "Josh? This is Josh Campbell". Right after that he hangs up. Hmmm... I gave him the benefit of the doubt before, but now I know he was avoiding me!!! I try to call from a different phone #, then once he realized it was me, click!

So for the past 3 weeks, I have been pm'ing him here, and AZFBA. I've emailed him several times, contacted his myspace, AIMed him, etc... and I've been ignored. I've even posted in his threads, and EVERY time, he stops posting for a couple days till he thinks I'm gone.

Just thought I'd let you all know, and I would caution you all before dealing with him. Unless it's something that you can see if it's good or not, and you settle the deal then and there, maybe, but to me, his word is ABSOLUTE TRASH. I've had some wierd internet deals, but nothing like this. I've never had anyone without the backbone to even say one word. I've told him I don't care if there is no title, just TELL me so I can get whatever I need to do done. I've also told him that if he just "talks" to me, I wouldn't post anything (and this holds true even after I post this, *hint* *hint*). Say "Boo" to me, anything.

Just watch out for this shady character.

Last edited by campbellshotrods; 08-20-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

I enjoy reading how you always use the word sell, usually a sale involves money changing hands, which in this case never happened. I found it funny that you would creat a name on here just to bad mouth me. You dont even own a Camaro, let alone an LS1! You may think you screwed me, but you didn't. The tranny, wasnt going to sell it for what he offered. As far as tuning goes, if Nic chooses not to do it then that is fine, his decision, there are others that tune. My money spends the same any where I take it.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

HOLY SH*T, I GOT A RESPONSE!!!!

Okay... you give me the title, and then I'll give you the $100 bucks it cost... simple as that!!!!! Or I subtract the fees owed to the DMV on the title of the car out of the $100, so then I get the clean title I was promised. The terms of the sale was that I would get the car off your property so you could move, then I would get my title, and give you the money after you moved into your new house. I don't care if you didn't get the money up front... if you did, I'd REALLY have been screwed. Then I would be out a title, and some cash. So now I've got a car in a thousand pieces, waiting for me to restore it. Luckily I thought I would see if you had my title yet!

Now that you are finally posting... why won't you give me the title that you said you would????? I don't like talk bad about people, and I have never had to in the years I've had the internet. But in your case, you are a first. I've given you MONTHS to reply to me. I've called you DOZENS of times, hung up on twice. I've sent numerous emails and pms, I've AIM'ed you, hell, I even sent you a message on myspace. I've given you plenty of "advanced" notices. I'm surprised it took you this long to respond to my post!

As far as me not having an LS1, who gives a rat's ***? This is an enthusiast's site, and I should have the right to read all I want about the LS1. It's the next engine I plan to use in an engine swap, so why can't I read about it? Actually I was thinking of using it in either the 71 if I got a title, or my 73 Camaro I have (but you said I don't own any Camaros though ). I've been a reader on here many times before, but I had to make some posts about you while I'm on here.

ALLRIGHT! SO BACK TO SQUARE 1. We've established that you know I'm here, but that you are STILL SKIRTING THE ISSUE!!! NOW TELL ME, what is the deal on the title for the Camaro?????? You wanted to get rid of the car so quickly, but for some reason, you've still got some huge need to hold on the title... or at least hold on to the truth about the title. Tell me... did you even get the title in your name???? Did you even get a title???? Like I said, I don't care either way. A lost title, I can get a replacement for, there are legal means. But now I'm just curious as to why you are so afraid to talk to me? I'm a very reasonable guy. I don't have any enemies, I for the life of me have no idea why you have this attitude towards me???? So you would rather shop around for a do it yourself programmer, than get me the title, and have the best tuner in the valley tune it for you???

Last edited by campbellshotrods; 09-04-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

campbell....us second genners are over at nastyz28.com....make sure you join up if you havent. Ususally I stay out of people's business but sounds like there is no title to the 71...If I were you, make sure the car isnt stolen and then try and get a title...do you have a bill of sale? If so, then you should be ok. Good luck!
Old 09-05-2006, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the comment Mike. Actually I'm already on nastyZ28. I've been on there a while, but I haven't actually been "on" in a while since the second gen is on hold... for obvious reasons. But I've since bought a second... second gen. A 73 Type LT actually. We'll see which one gets done first.

And as far as the title, it is not stolen. BUT, there is a lien against the car for some amount of money. I don't know who the registered owner was with that lien, but still, not the clean AZ title I was promised in February.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Regular

wow....I think you answered your question on why you do not have a title to the 71. Sounds like he can't produce one since money is owed on that car and its still in the previous owners name...my opinion/guess of course. Hopefully you will get it resolved.
73LT? hey same as mine! cool...good luck! I am geoman on the second gen board.

Mike
Old 09-05-2006, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Well the amount owed isn't huge, but still. I'm thinking he doesn't have it. I just want to hear him say it, but I don't think he has the guts to. He finally comes on to reply to my posting in his threads, but he still does not have a damned thing to say about the Camaro!!!! All I want is an answer, and I'll be on my way. Right now, me wanting to get the title seems to be greater than his want for the $100. If he can produce a clean title, I will go to his doorstep 20 or so miles away and give him the money. But right now, all I need is an answer, not the cold shoulder.

Oh and Mike, I'm hotrod-71 on the board, or something like that! I'll start going back on once I finish some other projects, and start a Camaro. Right now I'm just trying to finish getting my V8 Vega on the road, then I gotta get a 67 Biscayne and a 72 Buick done for Goodguys, THEN I can start on a Camaro!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

I guess he's gonna hide for another week.

*Bump* (in case he forgot this thread existed)
Old 09-14-2006, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Still hiding like a little rat.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Regular

Still no luck eh? He was logged in on the 13th so go figure. To be honest, I dont think he has a title for this car....that is the way it is pointing too. If you want to keep it, try and ge the lein thing figured out and get it retitled...there are some private companies that do this and they are relatively inexpensive. I have a messed up title on mine and I am getting a company in Tampa to fix it for me...its like $75.

I understand the point of the matter but I think you are SOL right now my friend. You may wabt to let PSJ or Nineball know about this....there seems to be a rash of incidents and I think they are getting sick of it. I kow I wont buy from just anyone on here, too much of a chance that some snot nose pr!@k is going to rip you off.

Ok, off my soapbox now.....good luck! mike
Old 09-16-2006, 01:37 AM
On The Tree

Meh, I was pretty sure he didn't have a title a couple months ago.

Now I'm just dying to know why he's avoiding me so much after I've said several times that no title is okay... there are ways to get titles.

It's just that I've never seen ANYONE take ignoring to this level. He's scared to post on here, everybody is flaming him on AZFBA, etc. All that and he still won't give me a damned answer?!?!?!?! That's all I need.

I do business with a place Broadway title. They deal with lost and abandoned titles.

He'd just better hope I don't run into him at the track (or his neighborhood for that matter ) because I have a few months of "pissed off" to take care of.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

sounds like you got it off his property so he could move, then decided to say @$%* You !! Sucks man, it really does. If you raise the flag to the mods here at ls1tech, they'd probably do something about it, ie block is ip addy
I'm on the 2gen board too, same name
Old 09-19-2006, 01:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting, sounds more like you have a car in your posession with no proof of ownership... Hope you got a bill of sale or SOME legal proof you own it, bro.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:48 AM
On The Tree

That's why there are "bonded/abandoned" titles, bro.

The title isn't so much the issue. Now it's just an issue of disrespect, and being a general a**hole like this kid is.

Last edited by campbellshotrods; 09-19-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nate81Camaro
sounds like you got it off his property so he could move, then decided to say @$%* You !! Sucks man, it really does. If you raise the flag to the mods here at ls1tech, they'd probably do something about it, ie block is ip addy
I'm on the 2gen board too, same name

I am sure of that. I'm also sure that he never had a title, which will make getting an abandoned title easy.

Quick Reply: Avoid drkbluls1