Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just done the same, good luck to everybody
Old 01-27-2007, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just checked my paypal, it said the same thing about feb 5th if he doesnt respond i will get my money back
Old 01-27-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZFan88
You guys need to stop posting PMs..
It's not pm,it's what he wrote in the email
Old 01-28-2007, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zangel
So, did he let his cousin live at his home and use his computer? I would say allowing someone else to take over your identity is your responsibility to maintain. This username has been banned to prevent any further complications. I will research this matter further and see what I can find.
doesnt banning the user make this more complicated. now he cant come on here and tell his side of the story and make things right .... just my opinion...
Old 01-28-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SicV8
doesnt banning the user make this more complicated. now he cant come on here and tell his side of the story and make things right .... just my opinion...
You are correct. i talked to him on email and he said that he tried to log in so he could reply but he couldn't. The guy needs to refund our money including mine but he can't talk to us, only by email. I'm not going to believe his story but i will give him a chance.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:31 AM
TECH Veteran

This is where banning is a fine line to walk - a temporary ban of 3-5 days to get their attention but I'll let buyers know: if you call for a ban you better have verified alternate contact information as they will not be able to post here.
The best anyone can do at this point is to update the information in the Official Bad Trader list so there is alternate contact with the seller. Post a current email address if anyone has it, that would be appreciated.

If you have heard nothing then proceed with a chargeback claim.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GEARHED
This is where banning is a fine line to walk - a temporary ban of 3-5 days to get their attention but I'll let buyers know: if you call for a ban you better have verified alternate contact information as they will not be able to post here.
The best anyone can do at this point is to update the information in the Official Bad Trader list so there is alternate contact with the seller. Post a current email address if anyone has it, that would be appreciated.

If you have heard nothing then proceed with a chargeback claim.
Here is his email address wikdws6@hotmail.com
I received two more emails from Kevin this morning. One emailed stated that he was returning from out of town today and was going to contact Paypal to try to assist in the process for refunding everyone's money. The other email said that he wanted a way to contact Ls1tech so he could figure out exactly what he owed everyone and assure everyone that he was going to make this right. He also stated that there have been people calling his house and making threats against his family which is completely wrong. I think we all need to be adults about this even if we are pissed off which I am as well. I informed him that with the amount of money that was stolen from people there could be some serious fraud charges brought against him so if it was truely his cousin that ripped everyone off he should get proof and a lawyer and start process for us. I will update everyone if I here anything else.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2ktransam
I informed him that with the amount of money that was stolen from people there could be some serious fraud charges brought against him so if it was truely his cousin that ripped everyone off he should get proof and a lawyer and start process for us. I will update everyone if I here anything else.
People really need to just go through the steps with paypal, stop calling his house and making threats- we are adults here, and just play the waiting game. If you did everything you were supposed to do with paypal, you will get your money back. I agree with 2ktransam- If his cousin was the one who truely did this, then Kevin should get a lawyer for himself and file charges against his brother with the proof that this has happened. Obviously we've all been taken for a lot of money, Im sure thousands with the amount of people that seem to be involved. Myself was had for $600, but Im not too worried as paypal is trying to resolve the issue. I stated in previous posts above, Im dealing with paypal and paypal only.... Whatever has happend between kevin and his cousin is their problem, not mine. I just want my money back, so please lets just be adults about the issue, and play the waiting game.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:48 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,157 Likes on 752 Posts

Cousin stuff might be BS, don't assume that's true. I'd just file police charges, I'm sure if they receive 4-5 complaints at once they will be anxious to check it out.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

He told me that he was going to explain everything but I see he hasn't even made a reply. Maybe this guy is just feeding me a line of crap.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd been scammed like this once. Trust me, the ONLY way to do it properly, and swiftly, is filing criminal charges. Otherwise the BS wheel keeps spinning and you run out of time for claims and judgements. You sent money, you did not get parts (like I did before), it's not your responsibility who is behind the name. Do the right thing. Bring it down on him hard and swift.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:25 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,157 Likes on 752 Posts

File charges, you can drop them if he fixes the bad deals. If not, the police will contact him and start crawling over all over him.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
File charges, you can drop them if he fixes the bad deals. If not, the police will contact him and start crawling over all over him.
Is there anybody that wants to file charges? I am thinking about it myself. I have never been through this before so how do you get the ball rolling?
Old 01-28-2007, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2ktransam
Is there anybody that wants to file charges? I am thinking about it myself. I have never been through this before so how do you get the ball rolling?
I was also thinking about doing that. I talked to him lastnight and he said he was going to make a reply on this but I see he hasn't done anything. Like you, I don't know how to go about doing this since I live in Iowa. I am willing to give him till tonight to make a reply. I know he is on his way back home from Lake Taho, "spelling" so maybe he is on the road. BUT, if he doesn't reply then screw him, I want to file charges.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

I would also be interested in filing charges. But how does this work across state lines? What is the total amount of money that everyone has been taken for? At what amount does it become a felony. Would it then not matter if I live in Texas and he lives in California? Who lives in California that might be able to press charges for all of us?
-Tucker-
Old 01-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Anybody know the cousin's full name and address?
Old 01-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, this is what he'd be facing I think, just looked a couple things up for you guys.

Title 39, United States Code

Section 1341. Frauds & swindles
Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme to defraud, or to sell any counterfeit or spurious security, sends by the Postal Service, or by any private or commercial interstate carrier, or receives any such thing, shall be fined or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $ 1 million or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

Section 1342. Fictitious name or address
Whoever, for the purpose of promoting, or carrying on any such scheme or any other unlawful business, uses a fake name or address shall be fined or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

Since neither of you guys are a financial institution, it's only up to 5 years in jail or fine or both. The site didn't say for what dollar value it was for, but when you get into the thousands like this guy, it gets worse. You con across state lines, it gets worse. Look around online, and call the Elk Grove county's Sheriff department (Sacramento County) and tell them your story, they'll help you out.

Here's the number: 1-916-874-5017

That number is for Chief Deputy, Investigative & Regional Services.

Here's the site with every number for the Sacramento Sheriff's Dept.:

http://www.sacsheriff.com/contact/index.cfm

Just call and ask what laws were broken and what your next course of action should be, that's what they're there for. They'll give you the info you need to continue. I suggest starting this REGARDLESS of of whatever else you are told by the seller. LET THEM SORT IT OUT! You may want to try the Public Counter or Civil Division too, they may better direct your call than me.

Last edited by Asmodeus; 01-28-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Temporary Member

Okay, I will probably get in trouble by mods for making a new name, Sorry i just need to clear some stuff up, My other name is limited access? So i havent been able to get on.

1st off, Sorry i havent been on here quicker. Previous to this happening. About 2 months ago we planned on a trip. So i have been away. Ive been driving all morning and literally just got back home about 20 minutes ago.

Yes i screwed up huge, and gave my dipshit cousin my info thinking he would do the right thing being hes family and has a ls1. Yes i was wrong and i am just dumbfounded over this whole situation. I couldnt access this account nor paypal to do my own investigating. I still am unclear of alot of things. The emails have helped me out as to who purchased what and what amount was payed. My paypal account is saying that there was a total amount of just under 4k recieved. I will verify tomorrow with paypal.

I would like EVERYONE to email me and just me over this situation. I am the only one working to fix this it seems. I have been dealing/talking to :mvvette69@yahoo.com, ddr698@hotmail.com, 2ktransam@verizon.net , thsnakes@aim.com, . And i have sent out a couple other emails.

i CAN be reached by my email. I do work, where i do not have access to a computer. So while im at work i wont be able to return emails.You can email me and i will more than happy to give you my #.

Mods, i do ask you remove my personal information, That is not necessary. Now that i am aware of what is going on, i am committed to fixing this situation and getting everyone back to normal. I am pissed as to i had a great reputation on this site! I think if i got ripped off i would do the same, but would go about it differently, Getting mad at the person who is trying to clean up someone elses mess is not the right thing to do.

Everyone who was effected who i havent spoken with pm/email me how much is owed.

Once again, eh sorry about this bullshit .
-Kevin
Old 01-28-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok Kevin, so what is the next step going to be to get my $250 back and whatever you need to pay everybody else? Have you called paypal? If not then you need to. That would be a start

Last edited by mvvette97; 01-28-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Veteran

mvvette97' has done a great deal of work on this and I would like to point out that is how this site works:
It is buyer beware.
Any time anyone makes a purchase, you should have a current phone number to call them first as the person selling is going to sound straight up or doped out or know nothing about it. It doesn't elminate all scammers but it thins the herd.
onto the seller in this situation...

I sent an email last night:
"I will only ask when you are going to make this situation right. No one is going to care if that day, your dog got run over, Grandma died and lil' sis is pregnant and not married.
In other words: we could all come up with an excuse but having a set date of resolution goes much further.
We are all very passionate about this hobby and tend to stay that way in other matters. It goes with the territory."

This is all we need know.

Just a sound off please: Those who are owed a refund and/or parts (depends on what you want) please post
1. Your board name and a first or last name
2. Date you send funds
3. Amount you sent
4. How paid (Paypal, Credit Card, Check)
5. Part(s) you were supposedly buying
6. If you have filed a claim with the financial institution to recover funds

Please, for right now it would be very helpful to have each person post this one right after the other with that information only. Once we can all figure out who bought what when and for how much, a proper legal claim can be brought against the seller. Trust me, local law enforcement is going to drop you all to the bottom of the pile if you are disorganized, have no proof of payment, information about the seller and in general rant. Just keep it brief and to the facts - they respond to that far better.

Once you have filed against the seller, do not call 5 days a week to find out what the status is. Once a week is fine as it will eventually be handed to a deputy who has to investigate all claims against the seller. Be patient and do not bug them, requesting an update if you have not heard from them once a week is considered appropriate.

Please sound off.
Thank You

Quick Reply: Lethal_WS6- ANYBODY?? :ADDED TO OFFICIAL BAD TRADER LIST