Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fyi.

off topic

post count/seniority means nothing.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big Mike
Another email from Jeff: I didn't ask him to close the paypal case!

k, I closed to paypal dispute so we don't have to get ugly.? I just want to have you refund the cash to my paypal account and I will ship the sub back via UPS ground.? Lets not take this to the forums, I am not intrested in going public with my personall matters, I would much rather just take the hit on shipping and send your product back.
I thought I handeled this situation quite well in that email. I am going to pay for the shipping back to you, refuse the shipment which the subwoofer box, and if you do not wish to refund my money, then you sir are a scam. I feel that you waited for me to get upset, loaded the gun and shot. I will continue to post about this matter until it is resolved.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:51 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Another email from Jeff: I didn't ask him to close the paypal case!

k, I closed to paypal dispute so we don't have to get ugly.? I just want to have you refund the cash to my paypal account and I will ship the sub back via UPS ground.? Lets not take this to the forums, I am not intrested in going public with my personall matters, I would much rather just take the hit on shipping and send your product back.
I'm with you Mike. I smell a rat. If this never went public, then there's less guilt for him when he screws you out of the woofer. If he really wants to "fight" for his money, then he should have left the dispute active with PayPal.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The sub is not blown! Jeff never stated how they determined that! Then he calls off the paypal dispute on his own. Why would you do that if you have a case?
Paypal will only issue a refund if the merchandise was not recieved. They have no leg to stand on if you sold me a broken part. You gave me the impression that you would resolve this matter with me if I were to cancel the paypal dispute. I did not want it to get ugly as you quoted in my email. I new this deal was to good to be true. If the sub is in working condition, then you should have no problem taking it back and issue a refund once recieved.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Jun. 22, 2007 PayPal Case closed
Jun. 22, 2007 PayPal Case does not meet filing guidelines <----
Jun. 22, 2007 PayPal Email sent to seller
Jun. 22, 2007 PayPal Email sent to buyer
Jun. 22, 2007 Buyer Dispute escalated to claim

See that line in the paypal dispute. That means they cannot help me because I accepted the package. No where on the paypal statement below will you see where this is resolved.

From PayPal: PayPal on 6/22/2007 08:05 PDT

Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.

From Buyer: eXtremeBoost.com Inc. on 6/22/2007 08:05 PDT

I purchased one JL Audio 12" W7 Woofer from Mike. I recieved it packaged well and in good physical condition. I took the woofer down to the audio shop who is an authorized JL Audio Dealer. They told me the woofer is blown internally, and to send it back for a refund.

From Seller: michael mastroianni on 6/22/2007 04:24 PDT

I want proof it is blown. I KNOW for a fact the woofer is in mint working condition. I had it playing in my old truck, took it out when I traded the truck in. It went right into the box it came in. Then I sold the woofer. Plus, that JLW7 is indestructible, it's impossible to blow that woofer. I am the only person who handled the woofer since I had it working in my old truck. I know for a fact the speaker is in perfect working condition. This particular woofer doesn't just get blown. It is an extremely over built unit. There is no physical damage to the speaker, reinforcing my argument that he speaker is not blown. I have pictures of the speaker in mint condition in the box prior to shipping. How can you prove it is blown? Who tested it on your end? How did they test it? What is that persons credentials who tested it?

From Buyer: eXtremeBoost.com Inc. on 6/21/2007 21:20 PDT

I was told we were to purchase one JL Audio 12" W7 Sub woofer in perfect working order. I recieved the package and the sub woofer in blown. I would like a full refund and return the sellers item via UPS Ground service.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I still can't believe that this guy will openly advertise for a big shop and forum sponcer, yet rip off the little guy on the forum, then threaten to have them ban. This guy really thinks hes tony soprano ... 325 isn't going to put me into the poor house, but I vouch to send back all his product as I would rather have NOTHING than take this lying down. You can keep your junk and my money, I wish you the best along your travels.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:39 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

fyi.

off topic

post count/seniority means nothing.
You're right but integrity has everything to do with this post and Mike has a long demostrated history of it!

For your information Jeffrey, I spent over $2000 for a set of used cylinder heads from Mike over 5 years ago (not knowing him from Adam) and this was before there was enough time for him to establish any type of reputation as a stand-up guy and those heads performed exactly as promised so I wouldn't be pointing the finger here.

The fact that Mike has no way to verify what you did to the speaker (assuming that it does have a problem now) since you confirmed excellent packaging is reason enough not to refund a dime.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:44 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I'll also point out the fact that Mike is a business owner himself, not some chump that needs $325 bucks. He surely wouldn't waste his time selling something that was known to be busted and chance ruining his reputation here among us, which dates back to 1998.

Here is what I'm smelling:

Guy buys woofer, and for whatever reason decides he no longer wants or needs it. Needs money instead, or decides asking for a refund will help him "sell" it without effort.

I'd suggest you mail the woofer back, plus any shipping expenses. Upon arrival, Mike can get the speaker inspected to see if you blew it in Canada, and decide if a refund is valid.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So if that is the case, and he is a stand up guy ... why would he blow me off from day one when I came to him with a problem ? I was totally reasonable ? I did not go off the handle ?

How could mike determine if "we" blew the sub ? I took it down to the sterio shop who is a JL installer and do this every day. The simple fact is that if Mike had any intrest in knowing what happened, he would call the shop to speak with the owner. He has not bother to do so because he already knew the outcome. You guys would not be saying this if it happen to you ... I believe you are all sticking up for a guilty party.

Mike can keep his sub, his box, and my 325 dollars, and live with the guilt on his chest for the rest of his days on LS1 tech.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:20 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,162 Likes on 756 Posts

I've known Mike for over eight years, and he was one of our first pics for moderators back in 2001 because he's a standup guy. He owns a business and does not play games to make money on the web.

I've had someone buy something and then I found out they are not in the US. That's where you come across as a games player, you knew he would have passed on that deal. I would have refunded your money instantly.

The deal is done, there is no way of knowing if your guy ruined the speaker.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like you pulled a similiar stunt with some parts purchased from Vengeance Racing who I know are also stand up guys. After the situation was reviewed , you lost that one .Wanna tell us about that one xLBx? Internet scamming ain't nice.....
Old 06-24-2007, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

badjuju:spill it!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/734940-tnt-f2-kit-heater-switches-bottle-more.html 'Nuff said!
Old 06-24-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Another theory (and I know for a fact this happens, even at so called 'reputable' install shops)... someone comes in with a product they 'got off the internet'; stereo place messes with it for a while, then says "yeah um it's blown and stuff you need to buy a new one here, hee hee hee".

xlblbxx could that be the case with that shop?

That happened to me, so I took the product to another shop and they installed it, it was working just fine... hmm...

I've known Mike since the ls1.com days and like others have said, he doesn't have the need or time to try and swindle someone out of $325 bucks. Heck, he has probably lost more money than that just stopping what he's doing to reply to your emails and threads!!

Last edited by jhelms; 06-24-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Veteran

One thing that seems to be overlooked in this post:
Regardless of the members, all sales are "as is" unless otherwise specified.
This does not side with one party or another - it means that unless the seller posted "if it doesn't work, I'll refund you the money when you send me the tracking number back" the buyer has no room to ask for a refund. LS1Tech has always maintained that as a rule of thumb.

There have been other instances where stereo equipment was sold "as is" and the buyers thought the parts did not work. They did until they were tested or installed improperly then told how to properly test and install. That isn't magic, its knowledge of what you are doing. In each case the seller refused to refund the sale because the parts worked properly when they shipped them out and its very difficult to point to who or what could have gone wrong if in fact something did. Electronics are far more sensitive overall and much more difficult to diagnose online.

Without looking at who is who in this post, I'd flat out tell any other members the sale is final regardless, if they are adamant about a refund then pursue that off the board. That should apply to this thread as well.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't want someone elses junk. He should do whats right. I don't think getting all his friends to post here is helping him at all. If he was a proper business man, he should atleast take the sub and have it inspected before he blew me off. How could a business man just tell a customer to bad, the sub is yours. He him self said the sub is "indestructable" and if that is the case, he should have no problem taking it back.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It would seem that you need to know people on this forum to get any justice. I don't find it funny that moderators would abuse their power to erease trader feedback ratings without even contacting the buyer or seller who issued the complaint. I have been a member here since early 2006 when I purchased my first C5. I own FIVE LS1 based engines, 2 corvettes, and buy and sell here regularly. It looks like I will go back to the corvette forum where I am welcome, as I am sure this post will soon be locked with no just cause.

I have no rights as a member on this board !!
Old 06-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

You're absolutely right ,we abuse our power,. You can leave at any time.
1. Mods do not scam people as they WILL lose their mod powers immediately if they do.
2. You are trying to say someone with a great feedback history and a respected member is pulling a fast one on you with your 14 tech related posts?
3. Considering you tried to pull a fast one on a sponsor that I have met personally and KNOW they are not as you try to say they are . I REALLY believe you.( also noticed you have NOTHING to say about that)
4. It was rather thoughtful of you to wait until after you paypal'd Big Mike to let him know you were in Canada so he wouldn't know about the 50.00 in shipping costs .....

Don't play the victim here , you aren't. I highly recommend LS1.com , your antics would be more welcome there.
Last piece of advice : The next time you see a name in green here, not somebody you wanna pull this game on , we're mods here for a reason and not because we sell people junk. Have a nice day....
Old 06-24-2007, 09:05 PM
11 Second Club

badjuju: you one bad mo....(shut your mouth)
Old 06-24-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys act like an internet keyboard coyboy gang. Real mature ... I go around blowing up 300 dollar subs to pull internet scams. You guys are out to lunch.

Quick Reply: Big Mike