New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Ends.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea i hear you. I just don't think i will have the money for a little while for a 12 bolt or a 9 in so i was just wondering. I have been getting on the car and pushing it and so far nothing bad has happened. I also have nitto 555's on my car. I would have to guess that my motor produces around 350 for the time being. I havn't dynoed it yet so i can say i know the exact numbers. I was just always told that if you are going to do heavy mods to the motor that you should start with the drivetrain. I plan on stroking my ls1 to a 383 with an eagle rotating assembly but before i start doing any of that i should probably start with the drivetrain. I have a few little mods to my motor but nothing serious so far.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont blow your 10. Or Rather try not to while saving up. People snap up 10's like candy and use them like disposable razors. You can get a couple bucks back on a NON blown 10bolt especially if its in good health now. You can strengthen it a wee with a girdle and better gears but it will die with power and abuse, so SAVE FAST!