New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil gauge sweep ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil gauge sweep ?

hey guys im new to this board... i have an 02 Z28...SLP long tubes. no cats.. loudmouth...egr and rear o2's tuned out...stock ls6 intake.... i have a question about my oil gauge...when i turn my key to on...my oil gauge always used to do the sweep..i have had the car brand new and its at 70k....well the other day it quit...it just sits at 0 till i start the car then goes to 40...is there somthing wrong if it doesnt do the sweep?....also im suspect of a blown head gasket...i changed the oil today and the oil didnt look right...kinda a brownish like mud....coolant level is fine and clean...i got a pic i can upload of it...kinda crappy pic but maybe could help
Old 11-20-2008, 09:36 AM

anyone??? is it fine for the oil gauge not to sweep...it no longer moves untill the car is started
Old 11-20-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

upload the pic. there was no egr on 02's, ever. also i dont think ive ever seen my oil gauge sweep.... always just goes to 40-50. it definitely wont hurt anything.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:34 AM

sry i was think *** backwards...meant smog pump delete...had emissions on the brain....well the trip i noticed reset to 000 on its own soo im guessin the battery or gauge cluster....but from my searching it was on the 98 or 99 that had the recalls on that