Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Books/Guides for Learning To Build Engine, Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Books/Guides for Learning To Build Engine, Engine Swap

I've been reading about car tech for 3-4 years as a lurker on these forums and elsewhere, and obviously this is a great place for info. A long term goal would be to do an LSX swap into a Miata/RX7/BMW. I'm sure we'd all agree it's an awesome engine for a variety of reasons, and very versatile. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do anything other than basic maintenance. Don't own much more than starter tools. So, what would you recommend for a newbie to read? For what tools to use for which job, how to build an LSX, and relevant info for engine swaps. I'm starting with very little knowledge, so I'd need a knowledge base before I can use a lot of the info here. I know it's a long way away, but it would be nice to get a base of knowledge down before I start asking more questions. Thanks for any info.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are many books and articles on the internet that you can buy or just read. A lot of it will come with hands on experience. As far as tools, thats hard to say. IMHO you will never have enough tools when it comes to working on cars. I have about 15000 invested in my box and tools, and I still dont have everything I need.

Quick Reply: Books/Guides for Learning To Build Engine, Engine Swap