New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad news

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008 | 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Default bad news

So the other day i was asking about running straight headers. So im coming home the other day and my entire exhaust snapped and broke off completely off. So i see what the definition of LOUD is... Your right, ***** scary. Because i do have a mild cam on it and such lol... As for rattle its not so bad, complete interior is dynomat :/. So, since all my craps broken, what would be a good 2.5 system to go with. Horsepower wise.

Bobby
Old 12-19-2008 | 11:33 AM
Launching!

How exactly does an entire exhaust "snap and break completely off"? What the hell where you doing, practicing your CORR skills in your f-body?
Old 12-19-2008 | 12:08 PM
12 Second Club

^^^LOL just buy some true duals from tsp..
Old 12-19-2008 | 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

when i bought the car, the guy ran the exhaust like ***, put 3 inch and it was hanging to low. I replaced from the Y pipe back with new pipe. i replaced about 8 inches in front of the Y. The Y pipe snapped in half. I was just driving normally... . Just been drug to much, finally came apart. Got under there with my trusty torch on the side of the road and did some... modifications.. to make it home.
Old 12-19-2008 | 02:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SweetSolace
So the other day i was asking about running straight headers. So im coming home the other day and my entire exhaust snapped and broke off completely off. So i see what the definition of LOUD is... Your right, ***** scary. Because i do have a mild cam on it and such lol... As for rattle its not so bad, complete interior is dynomat :/. So, since all my craps broken, what would be a good 2.5 system to go with. Horsepower wise.

Bobby
It's definitely loud, but cool! When I put my headers on I drove headers only to the exhaust shop to get my TDs fabbed. It got some looks.

Did you see the thread on the Jeg's catback? It doesn't have any dyno numbers or come with tips, but you can't beat the price and it sounds great. I would have never considered it until I read that thread. Now I'm thinking about replacing my TDs with this and an electric cut-out sometime in the future.

I don't think one catback makes much difference compared to another powerwise if the piping is the same size. Any dyno number differences can be attributed to any number of causes. TDs would be the best power wise.

The only reason I'm considering replacing my TDs is ground clearance issues. Plus it might be nice to drive by a cop without having to baby the throttle!