Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible?

I have a 98 a4 camaro that i'm starting to add a few parts to and can't seem to find any information on making the intake I have work on it. The previous owner had bought an intake off a 2005 corvette and had planned on putting it on but ended up selling the car to me. He gave me all the parts he had bought for it including this intake. This intake looks to be ALOT bigger than the factory ls1 intake on the car presently. I know this new intake has a 4-bolt throttle body and I know it was also made for the electronic throttle instead of the cable. Is there any way I can make this work? Do they sell a cable driven throttle body that will bolt onto this intake? I noticed this intake doesn't have the throttle cable braket on it either...So is this intake useless to me?? Or do they sell all the parts to make it work?? Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

post up some pics, you'll get a better response. sounds lke you got an ls6 intake, does it look just like the one already on the engine but bigger?
Old 01-26-2009, 02:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've got an LS2 intake. In order to make it work, you'll need a 90mm cable driven TB and some kind of throttle cable bracket. Is it worth it??? not really. I'd spend $250-$300 on a used LS6 and call it a day.

Shane
Old 01-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Is the LS2 intake better than the LS6 though? Since I already have it I was going to try to make it work. If it's no better than an LS6 though...I'll just try to sell this one and buy the LS6. Thanks for the info so far..
Old 01-26-2009, 02:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would try a search on this subject. The LS6 is normally regarded as a better manifold. The ideal manifold on the cheap seems to be the TPIS 90mm converted LS6.

The money you will spend on the 90mm intake and bracket will be more than just buying an LS6 outright and porting your stock TB.

Shane