Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what would be the best cam kit for a stock 2002 ws6 firebird ls1

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would be the best cam kit for a stock 2002 ws6 firebird ls1

well i just got my 2002 ls1 out of a 2002 fire bird with a 4l60e trans the setup has 35,000 mile on it.i will be putting it in a 86 Chevy short wide bed pickup,it is a show truck that will driven to a lot of out of town shows. i will be replacing the intake,throttle body, and long tube headers.it will have 3'' tru duel exaust. i need to know what would be the best cam and stall converter for my application. i want to add some hp and i want a rough idle this truck will only be driven to out of state car shows. please help.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Do you want something that will just sound nasty? or do you actually want something that will make power? Also what does the truck weigh?
If you would prefer the rough sound over serious power and rough street manners, i say go with a Hot cam kit and a nice 2800rpm stall. The auot will nedd a dyno/street tune for anything larger.

You can mail me the junk intake if you aren't gonna use it I'll even send you $$ to cover shipping.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:26 AM
10 Second Club

Go to the internal section and read the sticky about cams. Then post in there about what you are looking for out of you truck. Don't get a hot cam like said above unless you don't want to much power over stock. It 's not a bad cam but if your going to do it do it right the first time. Good luck
Old 02-02-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

That's why i consider the hot cam as a lopey "image" cam. I did say if he was only looking for a small increase in power and a good increase in lopey goodness that would be a good cheap option.

If he wants something larger to make real power than skip that cam all together. I say PM patrickG and have him spec you a cam, that's what i did.

Quick Reply: what would be the best cam kit for a stock 2002 ws6 firebird ls1