Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car feels like a pig...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 04:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car feels like a pig...

I'll agree with almost every other response about this.. the car gained, you just can't feel it now..when I had my stang I upgraded the exhaust to the everpopular mustang exhaust- flowmaster and put on headers and I thought the same..where the hell is the power..I too felt like I had lost it but I now know more, LS1'S are deep breathers and with the automatic you will have to keep tuning as the mods increase.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll agree with almost every other response about this.. the car gained, you just can't feel it now..when I had my stang I upgraded the exhaust to the everpopular mustang exhaust- flowmaster and put on headers and I thought the same..where the hell is the power..I too felt like I had lost it but I now know more, LS1'S are deep breathers and with the automatic you will have to keep tuning as the mods increase.
I'm hoping you're right, looks like I'll return to the track this Wed comming. The MPH will be a good indication as to weather or not I gained - or took two big steps backwards.

I too used to have a mustang, 89' lx, I did the obligitory 2 chambers & off road H-pipe. The car didn't spin the tires as hard in 1st, but nailed 2nd & 3rd way harder. So I guess I can see that as a good comparison to my LS1.

Hopefully I get it to the track Wed and see what it is doing. On a side note - the car has seemed to pick up some MPG since the exhaust. I'm avg'ing 20-30 more miles to a tank when I keep my foot out of it.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I have a small update... Was drivng the car in traffic w/ the radio off and the windows down today. Kept hearing a slight banging sound. I decided to go back to my exhaust guy and have him throw it on the lift. The very back of my y-pipe was up against that cheesy factory brace on the underside of the car. It had worn a small groove in the Y pipe and a notch in the brace. We took the brace off and gave it some "clearance." I'm thinkng I might have been getting a small amount of false KR.

The bad news is because I had to wait so long for him to get a chance to look at it - I didn't make it to the track. Oh well, there's always next week.