Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comp Cams roller rockers, pushrods, and springs

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comp Cams roller rockers, pushrods, and springs

Ok... so I have a weird question.. When I bought my car it had on the spec sheet that it had comp cams roller rockers, pushrods, and springs. I have no way of getting in touch with the previous owner that actually did the work, and I want to get a cam for this car. Is there any way to tell what the specs of these parts are? I am trying to do this cam swap on a budget, so if i can do this without buying new springs, rods, etc i would love it. I know the best/easiest way would be to just replace them, but if they are still good and will work with a cam why replace? I'm assuming the only way to tell would be just tear it down and look, but once I get there... how do i tell what it really is? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-15-2009, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

no help?
Old 02-16-2009, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

guess not.. haha..
Old 02-16-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I cant help, I own a Ford, but I wanted to add, nice lookin Z
Old 02-17-2009, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

pushrods should have a length marked on them...or you can get some big calipers and measure.

rockers will be pretty obvious if they are aftermarket. basically if they are roller tip...they ARE aftermarket. and gnerally they stamp the ratio on the rocker someplace.

springs....best off to just swap them. but a good machine shop should be able to put them on a press to determine the rate and lift capabilities.

pulling out a rocker/pushrod is pretty easy....hardest part is getting the coil packs off...that cowl is painfull to your forearm.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
I cant help, I own a Ford, but I wanted to add, nice lookin Z
haha... thanks

Originally Posted by teke184
pushrods should have a length marked on them...or you can get some big calipers and measure.

rockers will be pretty obvious if they are aftermarket. basically if they are roller tip...they ARE aftermarket. and gnerally they stamp the ratio on the rocker someplace.

springs....best off to just swap them. but a good machine shop should be able to put them on a press to determine the rate and lift capabilities.

pulling out a rocker/pushrod is pretty easy....hardest part is getting the coil packs off...that cowl is painfull to your forearm.
awesome.. thanks for the input