Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake and Engine valley cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 intake and Engine valley cover

I recently swapped the intake from the LS1 version to the LS6 as well as doing the engine valley cover everything works absolutely fine and it's much cleaner now, the only problem I'm having is with the SES .. I've done a bunch of research and have seen conflicting stories about what to do about it.. what's the normal thing to do in this situation? I've read where it can be edited out, is this the only way to get this legitimately fixed? The pump is completely removed and I'm thinking that empty connector is what's throwing the code.. is there a resistor that can be used in place of the pump? I'm a bit confused!
Old 10-17-2003, 01:22 AM
Teching In

Default Re: LS6 intake and Engine valley cover

noone knows anything about this? wait lemme check .. this IS LS1 tech right? C'mon someone's gotta know sumpin'!
Old 10-17-2003, 02:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a lil late for the LS1 junkies... I'd help ya if I could!
Old 10-17-2003, 03:42 AM
TECH Resident

noone knows anything about this? wait lemme check .. this IS LS1 tech right? C'mon someone's gotta know sumpin'!
First you need to release some more info. What Code? EGR? If that is what you are talking about then the only way I know of is to use LS1edit and delete the code. The AIR system is the only MOD that has been known not to throw codes occassionally, the EGR will always throw them until it is edited out. If you did research then this should come as no surprise b/c yes this is LS1tech and yes you can find a bunch of posts just like yours asking the same question.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Man being a newbie to the forum I would give one advise. Be patient and don't start flames for no reason. This is a forum (A great one at that) and not a chat room. Things sometimes take time and someone usually always respond.
Use LS1 Edit and cancel the EGR code.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Hey no flames here... if you noticed I finished with a smiley. My first post states that I did do the research.. which I always do BTW (here/LS1.com and a few of the others as well as the how to sites and so forth). It also states that I've found conflicting fixes for the same problem and was looking for some friendly advice. I now have it and thank you. PS.. you are correct this is a good board. I wouldn't have been frequenting it for the past 6 months if it weren't. keep up the good work
Old 10-17-2003, 11:01 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ok...so you still havent told us what code is being thrown....
We cant solve it for you if you cant tell us what is wrong.....

more info grasshopper!!!