New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help asap !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest testing the fuel pressure before you buy any parts, this is the only good way to diagnose a fuel problem. Get a fuel pressure gage (about $20 at a parts store) and check the pressure levels when you turn the key to ON position and again when cranking. I dont know what the fuel pressure specs are for this motor, but i'm sure somebody on here has the factory service manual with the specs.
It is foolish to go out and buy a fuel pump which is an expensive part and a bitch to install without doing any real diagnostics first. The sound of a fuel pump really doesnt mean anything, some are loud and some are quiet. i just had one go on my truck. The old one (failing part) was loud as hell when it was priming, the new one (brand new part) can barely be heard while priming. So it may not necessarily be bad that you cant hear the pump.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Teching In

so it turns out it was just a fuse. :

thanks for the help though guys.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Well, thanks for letting us know that you found what it was. That helps out anyone who searches for a similar problem. A lot of people just don't follow up. Glad it wasn't a big deal.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 99TransAm345hp
clogged fuel injectors and low grade fuel
running it on E, nothing but debris and particles in gas tank, fill it up that crap floats to top and gets stuck in injectors (at least thats what my dad told me)
got injectors cleaned problem solved.
how would it clog the injectors with an inline fuel filter??
Old 03-13-2009, 03:39 AM
Teching In

no problem. i wouldnt write if i wasnt gonna update everyone. everyones here to help. but yeah thats what it was. i checked one. the grey on. its kinda like a little box. but i didnt know there was 2.