New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noob here..Need lots of advice & info

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob here..Need lots of advice & info

I am a total noob when it comes to Chevrolet everything. I have been playing with 5.0's since I was a teenager & have owned a Procharged 96 Cobra for the last 10yrs.

To make a long story short, I recently took ownership of my dads 78 Vette. L82 350ci, Turbo 350 trans. The car is in really good shape, 110K miles, garage kept for the last 20yrs. Problem is this thing is a pig & no OD! With its mods it has(RPM intake, Edl 600carb, Edl cam, Hooker 1 5/8LT's, custom bent 3"exhaust, built Turbo 350) it's about as fast as a stock 99-04 Mustang GT.

I want to swap an LS1 or LS2 drivetrain in it. I've seen these engine & tranny combo's pretty cheap all over the net. I need some info on what it takes to do this swap, what mods make these things run, & so forth. I know how to use the search button , but like I said, I know nothing about an LS1 or LS2, except they run really well with slight mods
Old 03-15-2009, 06:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Might want to check out the hybrid section. They can help you out there
Old 03-16-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prochargedsnake
I am a total noob when it comes to Chevrolet everything. I have been playing with 5.0's since I was a teenager & have owned a Procharged 96 Cobra for the last 10yrs.

To make a long story short, I recently took ownership of my dads 78 Vette. L82 350ci, Turbo 350 trans. The car is in really good shape, 110K miles, garage kept for the last 20yrs. Problem is this thing is a pig & no OD! With its mods it has(RPM intake, Edl 600carb, Edl cam, Hooker 1 5/8LT's, custom bent 3"exhaust, built Turbo 350) it's about as fast as a stock 99-04 Mustang GT.

I want to swap an LS1 or LS2 drivetrain in it. I've seen these engine & tranny combo's pretty cheap all over the net. I need some info on what it takes to do this swap, what mods make these things run, & so forth. I know how to use the search button , but like I said, I know nothing about an LS1 or LS2, except they run really well with slight mods
they why didnt you use it