New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy another ws6

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009 | 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Default Looking to buy another ws6

I recently bought a 2000 ws6. Ive been very happy with it. Its an automatic all stock but a cut out. I came across another one that is modded and was wondering if anybody could give me some insite.

Its a 1999 ws6 its pewter it has 72k miles it a 6speed has black leather MOMO powered racing seats. Tan interior. Black z06 wheels bfg drag radials in the back and sumitomo up front. Baer6s monoblock extreme plus brake kit 16" cross drilled and slotted rotors and 6 piston calipers. Livernois stage 3 cnc ported ls cylinder heads, Livernois stage 2r cam. Kooks longtube headers kooks ypipe borla catback. A wilson fast intake. 90mm throttle body. Billet pullies. Eibach drag launch springs bilstein shocks. Guy says it has no known problems. Also says majority of miles are highway. Ive seen pics of car it looks really clean. Well taken care of. So my question is what do you guys think would be a good price to pick this up for?? Also what kind of power do you think it makes? With the mods this has is there anything that i should be aware of? How do you think the drive abilty is? Could I expect anything to break due to more horsepower such as rear end? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-28-2009 | 04:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i personally think when it comes to heavily modified cars like one your looking at i usually would stay away from. Now not saying buying a modified car is bad but if its from someone you dont know or anything of that matter it could've been thru a lot more then what the owner says it has or has had some crazy dramatic things done to it. Ive bought a car from a dealership and come to find out it was basically a race car beforehand and had a crap ton of problems throughout the time i owned it. Not saying its the same with every case but id rather buy a ws6 that had just exhaust and maybe a lid and id want to go from there and mod the **** out of it lol. just my opinion
Old 03-28-2009 | 10:44 AM
Launching!

How many miles does your current car have?